The Interiors Thread.

Ambient lighting is awesome. The stuff Ford was putting into Lincolns a decade ago was very nice in my Grandfather's car, and when I first learned the C4 had a very basic equivalent I was really pleased to see it. I'm sure the ones in the various toys of the super rich look great in person.

1964 Ford Galaxie 500 XL
5632861832_6e6a030c71_b.jpg

So sad I never bought one. In 2005, a black S2000 was off lease. Traded my EP3 Si and bought an '05 Odyssey EX-L. Same price as the S2000.
But I lived in The Bronx. Wasn't trying to have my car be a donor for someone's Corolla.:lol:

Last edited:
1966 Porsche 911S 2.0

911-2.0S-interior.jpg

The original 911S’s cockpit genuinely transports you back in time. The green-numbered dials are gorgeous while dashboard materials don’t get much cooler than basket weave (why do you think Singer has replicated this?)

Lucra LC470

909be730d8225058e0604e07cbd7f562.jpg

Alfa Romeo 166

comment_31ynBKVOeYfr3id4QdnXChr75B3YSNoM.jpg

This period of Alfa Romeo interior design has aged really well IMO. I'm guessing (I've only experienced a 159, and that was actually pretty good) that the quality isn't exceptional, but they just have so much character compared to contemporary Audis and BMWs.

Even the interior of the W220 looks hopeless.
It does look a bit like the interior of a late nineties to early noughties econobox has been scaled up about twenty percent and dingy plastic and cloth have been replaced by wood and leather in the exact same configuration.

bentley-flying-spur-special-edition.jpg

The interior style is cool. I can't do that play doll beige though. Maybe ivory or brown, if I had to stick with that blue.

First gen Oldsmobile Auroras had a couple cool interior color options.
1998-oldsmobile-aurora-2.jpg
20778893-1995-oldsmobile-aurora-std.jpg

Teal everywhere.

Or how about a more subtle blue?
cdc38daa78_640.jpg

I dig 'em, just a shame so few buyers seemed to feel the same since they're pretty rare. They were only available paired with certain exterior colors (probably a good thing, but still), looking their best when exterior and interior were matched. Like this gorgeous green pearl example currently for sale in Florida.
adf7ad96d6_1280.jpg
0bef62c6ea_1280.jpg
664f3fe30e_1280.jpg

God I want it.

There were several threads I could have posted this in.

When I think of the words "90s" "GM" and "INTERIOR" this is what I imagine.

Could be worse though...when I think of Chrysler products from the same time period, I just think of the creaking plastic sound that you got with a tray of Chips-Ahoy cookies.

2013-06-19-cookiesmilkdisposable.jpg

Latest Posts

Back