the "just plain ugly" car thread

VXR
The Mark 6 Golf strikes me as ugly. Compared to the 5, and especially the 7, I just don't like the front and rear treatment at all.

I find it extremely bland and bloated compared to the mk5 and 7. It reminds me a little of the Mk4, which had the same issues.

001-mv-1-lx-1.jpg

Mobility Ventures MV-1 LX. Just plain strange looking and ugly.
So that's that van that I've around here sometimes...never knew what the heck it was lol.

Yeah, the front end of the new Cherokee is atrocious, but I was behind one for a ways today and the rear is pretty bad as well. What's with all the dead space?

2015-Jeep-Cherokee-SUV-Sport-4dr-Front-wheel-Drive-Photo-4.png

I dare say vertical lamps may have been the way to go, and why not one of those things that people pull on to open the tailgate...What's that thing called?...Oh yeah, a handle.

Between this and the Renegade, maybe it's time for Jeep to just go away.

Had no idea the Toyota Corolla got a facelift. Hideous!
maxresdefault.jpg

The pre-facelift actually looked decent in comparison....
ABTL_2014-Toyota-Corolla-Eco-Front-Quarter-Right.jpg

Last edited:
Toyota, please get a new designer. The Prius is now unbearable, the Mirai looks ridiculous, the new corolla is another eye sore, and the GT86 has been ruined.

At least the Camry still looks alright.

Toyota, please get a new designer. The Prius is now unbearable, the Mirai looks ridiculous, the new corolla is another eye sore, and the GT86 has been ruined.

At least the Camry still looks alright.
Have you seen the 2017 NASCAR Camry? Which I bet is based off of the 2017 Camry? :ill:
Untitled.png

Looks like Toyota is going for more of an F1-esque prong on the nose of their facelift cars (GT86 especially). I do wonder if the Supra will keep the FT1 nose after all?

I didn't think of it that way. I was thinking more towards the Mirai, although I see where you're coming from. Would be nice to see the FT-1 face. Although, I much prefer the rear of the FT-1 concept.

I didn't think of it that way. I was thinking more towards the Mirai, although I see where you're coming from. Would be nice to see the FT-1 face. Although, I much prefer the rear of the FT-1 concept.
I agree with the Mirai part, but I think that was the most significant change of direction for Toyota's designs. After the Mirai, every car by Toyota took notes from that car and trickled it down the line.

Which sucks, because the Mirai looks terrible.

Toyota WiLL Cypha
View attachment 608021View attachment 608023

I understand that the goal of the WiLL project was to create uniquely styled cars for younger drivers, but this thing is just repulsive.​

There's been one of these for sale in a suburban used car lot near me for a couple of months. At £2.5k it sat right at the front for a few weeks. It's now parked behind all the others, so you can only see it from the side. What a horror.

Yeah, there aren't that many good looking mobility/wheel chair accessible vehicles.

That one is calling out for the A-Team treatment though :D
That is until I get my bagged VW Caddy in Red with a Golf GTi engine and gold BBS RS rims...:lol:

Sounds like the name of a current rapper who's released only absolute drivel--not much of it, to boot--and somehow has a massive following on social media where sad people can see him pouring champagne on the oversized backsides of trashy women.

:lol:
That was awfully specific

Back