The Lion's Den - California Now Released

Fuji and Suzuka are my two favorite tracks in GT5P, so it's a welcome change from Suzuka.

Review TLD Clio V6/Tuned

Possibly the very last car i wanted to drive on GT5P, we'll start by saying i hate the Clio V6 and personally think the car is ugly, stupid and little to no fun to drive. The entire concept of a mid engined hatch seems lost on me, and resulted in its (it being the original) fantastic ability to spin out with little effort. As this is the tuned version though, i thought i'd give this a go.

I already knew this car would be fast, so speed wouldn't be anything new to me, I would also be jumping back onto R3s so i didn't expect a challenge in terms of driving the thing.
I started round on my favourite test track, Suzuka and found myself leaping under the 2:13 barrier early on, i knew this would be quick but DAYUM. The first thing i noticed in terms of the tunings effect was the gears, if you were in the right gear at the right time, you had plenty of push thanks to gearing always kept you in the powerband. However there's not much else to truly compliment, the suspension is set up great as is the choice of power/weight etc. It all leads to a well balanced car with no weak points on the track at all. The car would understeer if pushed to hard but was easily corrected with a squirt of power with little drama.

Thats where my problem lies with this car not with TLDs great job of tuning it, but with the car itself. There is no drama, no flair, no passion, I just didn't want to drive the car even though I was going so fast it felt so lifeless.

If I was reviewing the car itself I'd be giving a low score, but this is a tuning review, and TLD should be widely credited on a job well done. Another great set up ruined for me by being on a car I dislike so much.

9/10

Review TLD Clio V6/Tuned

However there's not much else to truly compliment,

9/10

Eh? You know it's fast and handles great, but this statement confuses me. Oh well, anyway, thanks for the review. I promise to have some cars with flare coming for you very soon. The Clio was a request car anyway, it was just too damn fast not to release but I too knew it'd be fast, so I never had original intentions of tuning it but there you go.

By that i mean, everything comes together so well, nothing jumps out. I couldn't be specific, i.e i said the suspensions great, but i can't say why, or specifics about it. It just is as it is, which is also why this review was short even though i spent a good half hour plus with the car. I was looking for things to comment on but all there was standing out was the gearing and speed of the thing overall.

By that i mean, everything comes together so well, nothing jumps out. I couldn't be specific, i.e i said the suspensions great, but i can't say why, or specifics about it. It just is as it is, which is also why this review was short even though i spent a good half hour plus with the car. I was looking for things to comment on but all there was standing out was the gearing and speed of the thing overall.

Next time mate, next ime.:sly: Both cars are already tuned and ready to go, just gotta write them up and send 'em to the paint shop for the application of TLD logo'age.;)

Next time mate, next ime.:sly: Both cars are already tuned and ready to go, just gotta write them up and send 'em to the paint shop for the application of TLD logo'age.;)

Well i got 1,300,000cr sitting in the bank so I'll do one of them at some point, hopefully someone else will do the other as I don't believe I'm of high enough skill to be the sole source of second opinions. (Although I got rank 4 in the SRT10/Tuned on Suzuka East (pro) this morning on my 3rd lap.)
Maybe you guys should look at the replay so you know how I drive? (Sixaxis by the way)

Well i got 1,300,000cr sitting in the bank so I'll do one of them at some point, hopefully someone else will do the other as I don't believe I'm of high enough skill to be the sole source of second opinions. (Although I got rank 4 in the SRT10/Tuned on Suzuka East (pro) this morning on my 3rd lap.)
Maybe you guys should look at the replay so you know how I drive? (Sixaxis by the way)

Even if you review both, I'm sure you won't be the only one to review them.:D The more reviews on one car the better.;)

I'll get practicing with the Viper! I must at least be fully prepared for the showdown! TLD, I give everything I have and sometimes more when I spin out ;)

Thanks!

Regards,
galgospeed

Hi nd4, it's great to see another fan of the red corner on the forum!

I've been going through The Lion's Den, garnering feedback and being somewhat impressed by the amount of work that you've put in to the tuning side of things. I'll admit to being a little bit stubborn when it comes to accepting a generic tunes, as I believe in circuit-specific setups.

But hey, if you were to post circuit-spec and class-spec setups here for all the cars in GT5P, you'd be here ALL day, hehehe!

The new tyre restricted events for Expert levels are fantastic, and I'm certain that you're going to have to re-tune a few cars to suit, so I'm going to throw you a challenge here. Because quite simply, this car has got me stuffed, hehe!

Do you think it would be possible to come up with a competitive 500PP Ford Mustang GT? I can pull 2:40's in this car around Suzuka, which is not here nor there and the gearing is the biggest problem I've got at the moment.

That an abundance of oversteer at the tail-end...

Can you come up with a 500PP Mustang that will run better than 2:40 around Suzuka?

BTW: Keep up the good work, you're an oracle for many people and you're known far and wide, even well outside these forums...

Still using you're NSX tune with reasonable success...although she's a tricky beast to control now:nervous:

Yeah, the TLD NSX was my favourite car, but first time out on the new 600PP S2 Suzuka was...interesting :P Bumping up the power makes for better corner exits and, of course, straightline speed, but takes a much more measured hand/foot to tame this ride :D

Can't wait for the 600PP F430 tune (was my first love with GT5P :D)

I'll get practicing with the Viper! I must at least be fully prepared for the showdown! TLD, I give everything I have and sometimes more when I spin out ;)

Thanks!

Regards,
galgospeed

Just drive it the best you can, consistency is a huge advantage on these crappy tyres, people mess up all the time.;)

Hi nd4, it's great to see another fan of the red corner on the forum!

I've been going through The Lion's Den, garnering feedback and being somewhat impressed by the amount of work that you've put in to the tuning side of things. I'll admit to being a little bit stubborn when it comes to accepting a generic tunes, as I believe in circuit-specific setups.

But hey, if you were to post circuit-spec and class-spec setups here for all the cars in GT5P, you'd be here ALL day, hehehe!

The new tyre restricted events for Expert levels are fantastic, and I'm certain that you're going to have to re-tune a few cars to suit, so I'm going to throw you a challenge here. Because quite simply, this car has got me stuffed, hehe!

Do you think it would be possible to come up with a competitive 500PP Ford Mustang GT? I can pull 2:40's in this car around Suzuka, which is not here nor there and the gearing is the biggest problem I've got at the moment.

That an abundance of oversteer at the tail-end...

Can you come up with a 500PP Mustang that will run better than 2:40 around Suzuka?

BTW: Keep up the good work, you're an oracle for many people and you're known far and wide, even well outside these forums...

Team Red FTW.:D You might be pleased to hear then that all my tunes unless otherwise mentioned are tuned for Suzuka. The only 2 cars I presently have tuned for anywhere else are the Ford GT High Speed Ring Special, and my new Dodge Viper which is tuned for Fuji. I guess I didn't mention that fact about the Viper because it's for Showdown 2 which most people concerned would know is at Fuji.;) Although with the right gearing, many tunes at Fuji work at Suzuka, maybe no perfectly but they work.:) As for the Mustang, please review one of my cars before requesting one. It's company policy LOL.

Yeah, the TLD NSX was my favourite car, but first time out on the new 600PP S2 Suzuka was...interesting :P Bumping up the power makes for better corner exits and, of course, straightline speed, but takes a much more measured hand/foot to tame this ride :D

Can't wait for the 600PP F430 tune (was my first love with GT5P :D)

I'll get working on that Ferrari today.

I hope that when you guys get those ferraris ready, we all meet in the thursday Ferrari meeting!!!

Hi all,

First and foremost I would like to thank everybody from this forum for a great job their doing on tuning up the cars

Just a few questions I want to be clarified, settings here are primarily for suzuka but is this using the control pad or steering wheel? because right now i'm using a G25 steering wheel and if its for steering wheel on what settings (pro/simulation)?

Thanks
PSN ID: Xander07

Sorry for the double post but I tried some of the settings here. Like NSX, honda S2000. It got great reviews from the members here but I just cant seem to make it work. It spins way too easily. Dont know what i'm doing wrong. im not a very good driver but i consider myself at least average since I already finished the game and been winning some online races. I just want to understand what is wrong so maybe i need to change my driving style. Some info: I use a g25 wheel with professional wheel settings, NA version of gt prologue. I wonder if its because of this the settings need to be different?
Thanks

Sorry for the double post but I tried some of the settings here. Like NSX, honda S2000. It got great reviews from the members here but I just cant seem to make it work. It spins way too easily. Dont know what i'm doing wrong. im not a very good driver but i consider myself at least average since I already finished the game and been winning some online races. I just want to understand what is wrong so maybe i need to change my driving style. Some info: I use a g25 wheel with professional wheel settings, NA version of gt prologue. I wonder if its because of this the settings need to be different?
Thanks

Yes, all TLD setups I've tried work fine in pro mode with no assists using a G25. However, I've not tried any of the ones you are mentioning.

I suspect if you are having trouble with certain setups, it's because those setups are for cars which require more care with the accelerator in general, irrespective of how you set them up. Are you getting oversteer (car spinning) when braking for corners or when accelerating out of corners?

Hi all,

First and foremost I would like to thank everybody from this forum for a great job their doing on tuning up the cars

Just a few questions I want to be clarified, settings here are primarily for suzuka but is this using the control pad or steering wheel? because right now i'm using a G25 steering wheel and if its for steering wheel on what settings (pro/simulation)?

Thanks
PSN ID: Xander07

Thanks

First of all, where are you driving the NSX? If you're driving it on the new events with S2 tyres then it will spin very often, and I never intended it for those events. As for the S2000, well I dunno, perhaps just practise your throttle control a bit more? 750 PP isn't a walk in the park, it's not easy. It should all be the same in the NA version.
Thnaks for the compliments to the tuning community.

Ill look forward to seeing your f430 tune :D

Which F430? I don't intend on releasing one publicly, but I do have one for customer requests after they do a review.

Which F430? I don't intend on releasing one publicly, but I do have one for customer requests after they do a review.

Well, you can set my mind at ease by confirming your F430 will not allow you to lower the front.

As i cannot with my 430's, i'd like to hear someone say that's "normal".
Or at least, "i cannot either" :)

Tnx

Well, you can set my mind at ease by confirming your F430 will not allow you to lower the front.

Tnx

Confirmed: F430 front shocks are non-adjustable

Tnx

+1. You can make the front higher, but not lower on the F430.

can't get to that 6th gear quick enough , 177-180 ain't kickin it correct when you got ford test cars coming at you , help me out here bro , and when are you going to post more of cars on this site are you still testing daily . I play atleast 2-3 hours a day my name is xxRAVxx on the ps3 send me a friends invite any who play this game , that are will to chat wit me on cam or just texting about gt5p .

can't get to that 6th gear quick enough , 177-180 ain't kickin it correct when you got ford test cars coming at you , help me out here bro , and when are you going to post more of cars on this site are you still testing daily . I play atleast 2-3 hours a day my name is xxRAVxx on the ps3 send me a friends invite any who play this game , that are will to chat wit me on cam or just texting about gt5p .

New cars are coming very soon. The build process on them is a little longer being so difficult and all.;) Which car are you in having problems with 6th gear?

Wow... just tried a few of N4HS tunes and i must say that they are amazing! At least for a newcomer to GT like me. I even created an excel file for all his tunes (those that are released publicly) and printed them out for reference! (Anybody who wants the file i will be more than willing to share with you guys..) I think I'm turning into a TLD fan already..

I really like the tuned corvette.. Very nice tuning by N4HS!

Right now I'm thinking of creating TLD wallpapers.. (for the community? :sly:)

Hey Holden, just wanted to thank you for posting the TLD Clio. Your tuning is definitely far from obsolete for this fast n ugly (fugly) car everyone loves to hate. I’ve had some fair success with this car on pretty much a stock setup but when I applied TLD tunes, it drove waaay better and is now much behaved. Once again I’m totally amazed with what you’ve done to the gearing. I must admit that at first it seemed impossible to drive with s2 tires. During my first few laps I was basically running sideways and doing donuts. I quickly learned to back off the white-nailed thumb mashing I’ve gotten accustomed to with R3 tires. This animal is certainly tricky to control you’d have to be precise with the brake points through the esses and I’d have to refrain from mashing the throttle. It wasn’t till I learned how the car wanted to be handled when I started having some success with it. Very true to what dragonistic said, there’s no flair, passion, nor drama to this car, But, for the weekend racer like myself, this TLD tune almost always guarantees a podium finish!👍👍

RATED 10/10 - You've definitely made a major contender out of this car!!:bowdown::cheers:

Wow... just tried a few of N4HS tunes and i must say that they are amazing! At least for a newcomer to GT like me. I even created an excel file for all his tunes (those that are released publicly) and printed them out for reference! (Anybody who wants the file i will be more than willing to share with you guys..) I think I'm turning into a TLD fan already..

I really like the tuned corvette.. Very nice tuning by N4HS!

Right now I'm thinking of creating TLD wallpapers.. (for the community? :sly:)

Hello, thank for the kind words regarding my tunes.:) If you make TLD wallpapers can they be downloaded for use on PS3?

Hey Holden, just wanted to thank you for posting the TLD Clio. Your tuning is definitely far from obsolete for this fast n ugly (fugly) car everyone loves to hate. I’ve had some fair success with this car on pretty much a stock setup but when I applied TLD tunes, it drove waaay better and is now much behaved. Once again I’m totally amazed with what you’ve done to the gearing. I must admit that at first it seemed impossible to drive with s2 tires. During my first few laps I was basically running sideways and doing donuts. I quickly learned to back off the white-nailed thumb mashing I’ve gotten accustomed to with R3 tires. This animal is certainly tricky to control you’d have to be precise with the brake points through the esses and I’d have to refrain from mashing the throttle. It wasn’t till I learned how the car wanted to be handled when I started having some success with it. Very true to what dragonistic said, there’s no flair, passion, nor drama to this car, But, for the weekend racer like myself, this TLD tune almost always guarantees a podium finish!👍👍

RATED 10/10 - You've definitely made a major contender out of this car!!:bowdown::cheers:

Well it already was a contender (maybe not on S2s?) but thanks anyway.:dopey: New car is coming very very soon now. Maybe tomorrow or the day after.;) Keep an eye out for Pentagram racing around in 750 PP if he's using it, if you wanna know what it is. I've also been using it.:)

TLD Lotus 111R/Tuned
(207kw) (254Nm) (586kg) (749 PP) (Pro Physics)

tunesheet111Rtuned.jpg

Performance:

Power: +12
Weight: 85%
Tyres: R3
Aerodynamics: 10/35

Suspension:
Ride Height: -15/-12
Spring Rate: 4/8
Damper: 1/4
Toe: -0.10/+0.10
Camber: 1.8/1.8

Brake Balance: 5/5

Max Turn Angle: 40

All driving aids up to driver, tuned with all aids turned off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.689
2nd: 1.970
3rd: 1.490
4th: 1.171
5th: 0.965
6th: 0.818
Final: 4.380

Description: The first of the two top secret 750 PP cars is here for the general public to get and drive. For the first time in a little while now TLD has got something it is overwhelmingly proud of, this little Elise is incredible. Super easy to use, very competitive, and above all makes cornering look like it is easier than first grade maths. The car has work to the suspension that not only makes it more stable, but easier to tun over bumps and kerbs in, meaning you will be hard put making mistakes in this machine. Enjoy the TLD Elise 111R/Tuned, possibly the best handling car out there to date.

Back