The Lion's Den - California Now Released

Very sexy - look forward to spending some time with that later. Nice work Mr H!

And I look forward to the possibilty of a review.:)

eh... makes cornering look impossible?

:sly:

No, it was meant to mean that cornering is a religion to this car, and it follows it like a religion.;) But I shall change it, perhaps too easily misinterpreted.

holden, what kind of lap times are you putting up at Suzuka with the Lotus?

2'04s. Good? I hope so. Not as quick as Corvette or Viper, but come race day it makes overtaking easier, and is more consistent.

And I look forward to the possibilty of a review.:)

You'll get one soon, mate I promise. Not had much track time the past few days, and I want to make sure I don't embarrass myself or your tune come the showdown tomorrow :nervous:

From what I've seen so far, Grim Reaper is going to be a safer bet for results than me. Looking forward to what tomorrow brings, although it may bring you to the opinion of not wanting my sorry arse in your team ever again :sly:

You'll get one soon, mate I promise. Not had much track time the past few days, and I want to make sure I don't embarrass myself or your tune come the showdown tomorrow :nervous:

From what I've seen so far, Grim Reaper is going to be a safer bet for results than me. Looking forward to what tomorrow brings, although it may bring you to the opinion of not wanting my sorry arse in your team ever again :sly:

Nnnno I'm not like that. Even if you come last I'm happy you raced for me.:) I better go and start getting in some more practice myself. I'm going to win some races this time.:sly: (Well I did last time, in race 2, but there is no race 2 this time. 2 divisions, 2 rounds.;) )

TLD Lotus 111R/Tuned
(207kw) (254Nm) (586kg) (749 PP) (Pro Physics)

tunesheet111Rtuned.jpg

Performance:

Power: +12
Weight: 85%
Tyres: R3
Aerodynamics: 10/35

Suspension:
Ride Height: -15/-12
Spring Rate: 4/8
Damper: 1/4
Toe: -0.10/+0.10
Camber: 1.8/1.8

Brake Balance: 5/5

Max Turn Angle: 40

All driving aids up to driver, tuned with all aids turned off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.689
2nd: 1.970
3rd: 1.490
4th: 1.171
5th: 0.965
6th: 0.818
Final: 4.380

Description: The first of the two top secret 750 PP cars is here for the general public to get and drive. For the first time in a little while now TLD has got something it is overwhelmingly proud of, this little Elise is incredible. Super easy to use, very competitive, and above all makes cornering look like it is easier than first grade maths. The car has work to the suspension that not only makes it more stable, but easier to tun over bumps and kerbs in, meaning you will be hard put making mistakes in this machine. Enjoy the TLD Elise 111R/Tuned, possibly the best handling car out there to date.

I'll give this a try after I get my F2007, hopefully tomorrow night.

That Elise is very enjoyable to drive. Sticks to the road like a vacuum cleaner. It's obviously not as quick along the straights, but for something like Suzuka I assume it would be awesome.

I was doing some free run testing on HSR and got within 2.5 seconds of my tuned corvette time using the tuned Elise, which is quite impressive given the fast nature of the track.

Wow, i never got this car right myself... my own setup was fast but too oversteery. Really like the TLD Lotus a lot its fantastically balanced, just like it should be 👍 The car is really easy to controll, seems should be faster on the straight though.
Do you think speed could be improved by lowering downforce and maybe different gears? You could make a custom tune for me, meaning a bit less good handling ,therefore more topspeed on the straights ( on Suzuka)? My best finish was 3rd place so far and that was easy, to win i jus would need more oomph methinks :)
9.5 /10

TLD Lotus 111R/Tuned
(207kw) (254Nm) (586kg) (749 PP) (Pro Physics)

Performance:

Power: +12
Weight: 85%
Tyres: R3
Aerodynamics: 10/35

Suspension:
Ride Height: -15/-12
Spring Rate: 4/8
Damper: 1/4
Toe: -0.10/+0.10
Camber: 1.8/1.8

Brake Balance: 5/5

Max Turn Angle: 40

All driving aids up to driver, tuned with all aids turned off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.689
2nd: 1.970
3rd: 1.490
4th: 1.171
5th: 0.965
6th: 0.818
Final: 4.380

Not to nitpick, but I think you may benefit from going to toe-out in the back, and possibly bringing up the front toe-out slightly. Put a bit of the weight back in, and swap it out for power. (The difference around corners won't be nearly as much as you'll gain with a bit more power)

If possible on gearing, give:

2.583/2.071/1.688/1.412/1.200/1.048 on a 3.923 final a try. Quaife's top-spec Elise gearkit.

~Kyle

That Elise is very enjoyable to drive. Sticks to the road like a vacuum cleaner. It's obviously not as quick along the straights, but for something like Suzuka I assume it would be awesome.

I was doing some free run testing on HSR and got within 2.5 seconds of my tuned corvette time using the tuned Elise, which is quite impressive given the fast nature of the track.

Thanks. It is pretty quick at Suzuka, but you don't want to get held up in corners in this car.;)

Wow, i never got this car right myself... my own setup was fast but too oversteery. Really like the TLD Lotus a lot its fantastically balanced, just like it should be 👍 The car is really easy to controll, seems should be faster on the straight though.
Do you think speed could be improved by lowering downforce and maybe different gears? You could make a custom tune for me, meaning a bit less good handling ,therefore more topspeed on the straights ( on Suzuka)? My best finish was 3rd place so far and that was easy, to win i jus would need more oomph methinks :)
9.5 /10

The only way you'll make it much quicker by lowering downforce is if you're racing on HSR or something. The average downforce on this is low compared to others.

Not to nitpick, but I think you may benefit from going to toe-out in the back, and possibly bringing up the front toe-out slightly. Put a bit of the weight back in, and swap it out for power. (The difference around corners won't be nearly as much as you'll gain with a bit more power)

If possible on gearing, give:

2.583/2.071/1.688/1.412/1.200/1.048 on a 3.923 final a try. Quaife's top-spec Elise gearkit.

~Kyle

No comment. Do you even have GT5 yet?:P Pro physics makes this a very different much better game, and I'm full aware of the effects of tuning- you know that. And I know my gears are spot on in this car on Suzuka, they work really well in corners, acceleration and top speed. Why would I use those gears when I need smarter Suzuka aimed gears anyway?

No comment. Do you even have GT5 yet?:P Pro physics makes this a very different much better game, and I'm full aware of the effects of tuning- you know that. And I know my gears are spot on in this car on Suzuka, they work really well in corners, acceleration and top speed. Why would I use those gears when I need smarter Suzuka aimed gears anyway?

Pah. So you assume I can only tune GT4 eh? I'm still too broke for a PS3, and it'll be a long while before I do.

However, the switch to rear toe-out might actually help people who drive aggressively and possibly make it easier to drive. In an MR, there's a good bit of weight on the outside rear mid-corner, so toe-in will tighten the car down... A lot. Toe-out will give the rear somewhere to go, however, so while it will have a greater yaw angle, snap oversteer will be put off for longer. Aand looking at the rest of the setup, it seems you're doing a LOT to keep the tail in check. Presumably with snap-oversteer.

Perhaps a noob-friendly tune (i.e the current one) and a "fast" tune should be offered?

Aand looking at the rest of the setup, it seems you're doing a LOT to keep the tail in check. Presumably with snap-oversteer.

he's doing a LOT to keep the tail in check because the Lotus 111R / Tuned is one of the most tail happy cars in the entire game (professional mode) in stock setup. ;)

That's what I'd assume.

Toe-out on the rear (and a bit might be needed) will let the tail rotate naturally, as opposed to grabbing, grabbing, grabbing, and then massively letting go. (Or just massively letting go)

That's what I'd assume.

Toe-out on the rear (and a bit might be needed) will let the tail rotate naturally, as opposed to grabbing, grabbing, grabbing, and then massively letting go. (Or just massively letting go)

Wrong. Toe-in stops it from sliding and means you can get on the gas earlier and use weight for a tighter turn radius. I know what I'm doing RJ.

That's what everyone does to stabilize the rear, yes.

However, if this car has serious oversteer issues on-throttle as well as wheelspin issues, then I can understand the use of toe-in. But if you can go WOT and trust the car to slam the rear down and grab, toe-out.

Oh, and I'm not saying you don't know what you're doing. I'm just saying that there's other approaches.

That's what everyone does to stabilize the rear, yes.

However, if this car has serious oversteer issues on-throttle as well as wheelspin issues, then I can understand the use of toe-in. But if you can go WOT and trust the car to slam the rear down and grab, toe-out.

Oh, and I'm not saying you don't know what you're doing. I'm just saying that there's other approaches.

Nah, see what happens is, when percentages of the tyre's grip is diverted to lateral grip then less is available for forwards traction meaning the wheels start spining in the corner more easily. So it will start to oversteer. (We're talking almost 400kw/tonne here.) Besides, if you could go WOT and trust the car to slam down and grab (which won't happen in real life or in pro physics in a decently powered RWD car), then the car wouldn't be oversteering in the first place. I have cars in here that just understeered until they broke traction (Mustang GT, Viper SRT10/S2 tyres), so on them I had to give rear toe-out because I needed the car to turn faster, which also helped getting the car "straighter, faster" meaning then I could put the power down. So many freaking variables in tuning you have to consider don't you agree? Even my explaination here leaves factors out I'm sure.

Rear toe-out is the last thing the 111R needs.
I find it odd, for someone who doesn't have the game, to critique another's findings in that game.
Sometimes you have to throw out your preconceptions and just experiment (something for which having the game is a requirement).

I find it odd, for someone who doesn't have the game, to critique another's findings in that game.
+1

You simply cannot know how it handles until you've tried it. Yes, you can make some general assumptions and have a general idea of how it will handle, but GT4 physics are not GT5 physics and most certainly: GT5 physics are not real life physics.

The Elise 111R/Tuned is very hard to control from the start, toe-out for the front will make it even harder to control. Sure, grip during initial turn-in is increased, but that's not going to help you if you lose grip a few moments later.

TLD Dodge Viper SRT 10​
(336kw) (696Nm) (1549kg) (600 PP) (Pro Physics)

Review:
I would like to firstly apologies for not performing better in the garage showdown for you :) but I didn't like those races one bit, I got thrown off track in every single race by a rear bumper and I have 2 theories about that...
  1. The colour, horrible :)
  2. The brakes!!
The only thing that is "hard" about this setup are the brakes, they give no room for error, and you have to brake early(not good when driving online). When I mean room for error I mean you have to catch your braking point by an inch and doing that with 7 cars bumping and nudging for space is quite a challenge.

Pros:
  • The car handles spot on, you can get it to do what ever you like but remember it is an FR with no weight in the back.
  • Gears are spot on, love how short your lower gears are, great for acceleration and gripping at low speeds
Cons:
  • None in my opinion

The first few laps I did with this setup were quite an challenge, getting used to the brakes took sometime and finding that pushing point for the throttling when taking off after corners also took me awhile remember these are S2 tires not exactly good for high speed cornering :)
But once you have figured these things out this setup is a blast, I never spun this baby in the garage showdown but like I said got taken out on few corners probably because of the early braking you have to do.
I still don't believe how much this Viper grips on S2 tires, I tried this setup with R3's and WOW what an setup, of course this is a FR beast and you have to be gentle on the throttle but once you get this cars pushing points for throttling you are all set for an excellent drive.

I wouldn't complain about the brakes if I was only racing few clean cars online or offline against the AI, but for online Crash fest they leave no room for error.

Ok so I've been a little of the game for a few days but I saw that N4HS launched his tuned 111r and had to give it a shot, and it really redefines what I thought was possible, through the corners it just grips and grips, the cornering speeds achived with this car are plainly insane, and I even tried to be an ass with it and spin it, but it just doesn't, it does slide but it's very manageable when doing so, this car is just a joy to drive around suzuka, thanks a lot for this tune N4HS.

EDIT: Oh and gor RJ trust me it does not massively let go, it just grips and grips.

Review:dodge viper srt10

Car handled very stable and balanced throughout the course (fuji Speedway F), especially along 100R where i thought most of the other tunes were having trouble staying str8 and not sliding. Gearing was superb all around, good top end speed and acceleration through the low speed corners. the braking distance felt a little long which required very early braking especially for the dunlop corner, i was taking a wide angle for this corner and because of this i got banged on the inside far too many times which really affected my driving on races 2 and 4.

it was a pleasure driving for TLD 👍

Review:
I would like to firstly apologies for not performing better in the garage showdown for you :) but I didn't like those races one bit, I got thrown off track in every single race by a rear bumper and I have 2 theories about that...
  1. The colour, horrible :)
  2. The brakes!!
The only thing that is "hard" about this setup are the brakes, they give no room for error, and you have to brake early(not good when driving online). When I mean room for error I mean you have to catch your braking point by an inch and doing that with 7 cars bumping and nudging for space is quite a challenge.

Pros:
  • The car handles spot on, you can get it to do what ever you like but remember it is an FR with no weight in the back.
  • Gears are spot on, love how short your lower gears are, great for acceleration and gripping at low speeds
Cons:
  • None in my opinion

The first few laps I did with this setup were quite an challenge, getting used to the brakes took sometime and finding that pushing point for the throttling when taking off after corners also took me awhile remember these are S2 tires not exactly good for high speed cornering :)
But once you have figured these things out this setup is a blast, I never spun this baby in the garage showdown but like I said got taken out on few corners probably because of the early braking you have to do.
I still don't believe how much this Viper grips on S2 tires, I tried this setup with R3's and WOW what an setup, of course this is a FR beast and you have to be gentle on the throttle but once you get this cars pushing points for throttling you are all set for an excellent drive.

I wouldn't complain about the brakes if I was only racing few clean cars online or offline against the AI, but for online Crash fest they leave no room for error.

Great, good to hear TLD drivers like the tune. No need to apologise for possibly bad placings, I just hope you had fun with the car and races.👍 I didn't think the brakes were too bad, just let them pass under brakes and do a criss-cross. That's what I've been doing to great success.:) Hope you can continue to race for me in the finals next Saturday.👍

Ok so I've been a little of the game for a few days but I saw that N4HS launched his tuned 111r and had to give it a shot, and it really redefines what I thought was possible, through the corners it just grips and grips, the cornering speeds achived with this car are plainly insane, and I even tried to be an ass with it and spin it, but it just doesn't, it does slide but it's very manageable when doing so, this car is just a joy to drive around suzuka, thanks a lot for this tune N4HS.

EDIT: Oh and gor RJ trust me it does not massively let go, it just grips and grips.

Thankyou for the positive comments. The Elise did exactly what I hoped, got some customers back in the showroom so to speak.;) Now, top secret car no. 2 is coming soon. (Would have been today if my internet didn't crap itself.:ouch: )

Review:dodge viper srt10

Car handled very stable and balanced throughout the course (fuji Speedway F), especially along 100R where i thought most of the other tunes were having trouble staying str8 and not sliding. Gearing was superb all around, good top end speed and acceleration through the low speed corners. the braking distance felt a little long which required very early braking especially for the dunlop corner, i was taking a wide angle for this corner and because of this i got banged on the inside far too many times which really affected my driving on races 2 and 4.

it was a pleasure driving for TLD 👍

Good to hear you enjoyed driving it, I hope you can continue to race for me in the finals on Satuday 7th.👍 I guess a defensive line couldn't hurt if you're really being pressured. Being punted is a horrible thing, imagine how good the Showdowns will be when private rooms come.;)

That's what I'd assume.

you're kidding right???? Are you saying you don't actually have GT5P? Yet are dolling out handling tips? Ever seen that application applied to an actual MR race car in real life? Won't do any good there, and certainly not here kiddo.

I would hedge my bets and have neutral toe to +0.05 on the rear at the absolute minimum.

osg
you're kidding right???? Even seen that application applied to an actual MR race car in real life? Won't do any good there, and certainly not here kiddo.

I would hedge my bets and have a neutral toe at the absolute minimum.

Toe-out does make a car handle better, at a cost of stability. Then look at the standard settings on the Ferrari F1 car, +0.50 toe-in at the rear I think it was.:eek: I would think due to MR's natural abilities you are right that not many would have rear toe-out?

I would think due to MR's natural abilities you are right that not many would have rear toe-out?

Correct mate.... i spend a fair bit of time here in Brisbane out at Queensland Raceway crewing for a mate who runs a Porsche 997 GT3 CupCar...... we run into a lot of boys from the Lotus Club who run Elises, and the general consensus is neutral toe in the rear (QLD Raceway is a bitch for stability under braking and cornering load), as the rule of thumb is that they tune through the front of the car relating to toe, leaving the rear largely untouched...... spring rates, damper etc etc are a whole different ballgame.

I'm far from an expert in this game, but i generally try to apply what i've seen in the real world of racing.

Back