The little details of Gran Turismo

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
WarriusZero
Gran Turismo has always been a game apart. Some little details that would never find their place elsewhere seem to just appear out of nowhere in the Gran Turismo series. From the monkey at Trial Mountain to the Loch Ness monster, or even that cat that made the front page of GTPlanet, there are a lot of little gems in GT. Have you spotted some new things in the GT Sport beta?

Apologies if it's been mentioned before but I noticed some very detailed faces on the pit crew staff, including one that looks eerily like one of the most known faces of Polyphony Digital. Check in this extremely short video the guy at the helm of the black team:

Translator San?
Do you recognise any other faces or have you found any other hidden gems in the beta yet?

EDIT: @mods, I guess this actually belongs with the videos & screenshots thread. Apologies.

Last edited:
That's pretty cool.

I have noticed, from an attention to detail point of view, on the Willow Springs track when I went off course, near the people walking, there's actually a person speaking over a PA system. Now, there's no need for that level of detail and it's probably in hundreds of other games, just noticed it.

The Marshalls actually waving flags are nice as well
Agree.

But one interesting thing I've noticed is the type of waving pattern they use is what you normally see at the tracks in Asia (referencing F1, China, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan).

I'm not really having any luck finding a video of a flag waving in Europe or the US, but I would say the pattern in the US and Europe is generally more aggressive and fast, while the Asian tracks seem to use a large and slower pattern for waving the flag.

Maybe I am the only one that notices this stuff, but I mainly picked up on it because I also race in real life and noticed how the waving flags looked different at the tracks in Asia.

EDK
Agree.

But one interesting thing I've noticed is the type of waving pattern they use is what you normally see at the tracks in Asia (referencing F1, China, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan).

I'm not really having any luck finding a video of a flag waving in Europe or the US, but I would say the pattern in the US and Europe is generally more aggressive and fast, while the Asian tracks seem to use a large and slower pattern for waving the flag.

Maybe I am the only one that notices this stuff, but I mainly picked up on it because I also race in real life and noticed how the waving flags looked different at the tracks in Asia.
Theres no cultural difference here, at least how they do it at willow springs is wave it based on the severity of the incident, if its just someone who spun out off the line its a slower flag but someone on the racing line its a more frantic wave, also depends on how good the staff is but its nowhere near a cultural thing.

Theres no cultural difference here, at least how they do it at willow springs is wave it based on the severity of the incident, if its just someone who spun out off the line its a slower flag but someone on the racing line its a more frantic wave, also depends on how good the staff is but its nowhere near a cultural thing.
I wasn't really considering it cultural per se, more to say that I see different techniques used at different tracks. I have to imagine there are different schools of thought on the waving pattern used, figure 8 vs simple side to side would make a big difference.

I've never seen a flag at a track waved exactly the way I see on TV for some of those GPs I mentioned.

Maybe a little bigger detail but at Nordschleife starting after 8km, Kallenhard section has very good smooth asphalt. Feels so good. Just waiting the slippery wet weather. :eek:

two little details id really love to see in GT Sport:

-the ability to paint the rims like this
2016-lamborghini-huracan-gt3-driver-side-profile.jpg

-ability to lock drivers view to cockpit view for custom championships.

thank you PD!!

two little details id really love to see in GT Sport:

-the ability to paint the rims like this
2016-lamborghini-huracan-gt3-driver-side-profile.jpg

-ability to lock drivers view to cockpit view for custom championships.

thank you PD!!
What's that colored part of the rim for? Just for show? To separate front and rear tires? ;)

What's that colored part of the rim for? Just for show? To separate front and rear tires? ;)
I always thought it was just part of the livery. when driving it looks utterly cool. but maybe there is a deeper reason to it?

On the Blue Moon Bay track... Look at the painted banners on the track level, outside walls next time the track becomes available. I noticed a banner with my home state used. Mine has a banner saying something like Michigan Sports Car Club. Just checking to see if it was just happenstance or more of a feature added to the overall game.

Next time the track shows up, I'll snap and post a pic.

We used painted rim tabs or spokes to show the air valve. Then as you can see, the tire itself is marked for specific tire placement such as FL, RL, FR, RR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back