The little details of Gran Turismo

It's not little, but their fantasy (non VGT) cars are really really well done.

Big upgrade from this

gran-turismo-5-dlc-cars-11.jpg

I always drive in car and with some N300 cars you have mirrors. Since a couple of days I can only pay attention to the trees disappearing in your mirrors too fast. Hopefully it's a result of the beta and it will be fine tuned (better algorithm) in the final version. Or is it a trade off to free up more memory/cpu power for other details in front of you?

I always drive in car and with some N300 cars you have mirrors. Since a couple of days I can only pay attention to the trees disappearing in your mirrors too fast. Hopefully it's a result of the beta and it will be fine tuned (better algorithm) in the final version. Or is it a trade off to free up more memory/cpu power for other details in front of you?

It's a trade off and happens in almost every game.

So apparently (forgot to mention this), you can drive behind that little barrier near the in-field of Northern Isle. Kinda discovered it on accident when I spun after touching the apron.

So apparently (forgot to mention this), you can drive behind that little barrier near the in-field of Northern Isle. Kinda discovered it on accident when I spun after touching the apron.
Which barrier?

Ok just found it

• In GT Sport, while the track is loading, press O then press X to go back to the menu, pretty useful if you accidentally clicked the time trial.
  • Pressing the L3 button pauses the information text at the bottom in Sport Mode.

Don't know if it is on purpose or not, but @Nords I spotted "ACAB" in light blue paint at the little carrousel (that's the 2nd one before the long straight). I'm fine with it but I can imagine some are offended by it?

It's all in the details :cheers:

1 more thing which amazed me:
After doing a burnout, the wheels remain with smoke. Even if you accelerate there's still some smoke coming out for a small period of time!
It's like that since GT5. The smoke is generated through the tire heat, which is visible in the HUD.

Don't know if it is on purpose or not, but @Nords I spotted "ACAB" in light blue paint at the little carrousel (that's the 2nd one before the long straight). I'm fine with it but I can imagine some are offended by it?

It's all in the details :cheers:
Offended how? Just curious.

I'm not entirely sure but my football supporting days taught me that it's short for
All cops are bastards
Aaaahh. :) thanks for the explaining.
The game is going in a good path, but I'd like to to sand trails on the road of Willow Spring after driving across. The track looks realistic as it is but tiny features can build to a more realistic approach.
Yeah debris on the track with dirt and sand on the asphalt would be nice. It would be cool to have "traction traps" building up here and there.

no fun allowed.
Depends on your definition of fun. It looks cool, makes for a nice gif, but in a game that has to hit a rock solid 60 fps, is it really a good use of the limited processing power available? On the Pro perhaps but what else must be sacrificed to achieve this brief moment of graphic enhancement? The recent digital foundry analysis had the game running at 50 fps or slightly less in large packs of cars. What would the frame rate be under the same conditions with some track dust kicking up? 40 fps? 35 fps? The smartest option would be, and I don't know if this is possible and may even be the case already, to disable this effect in racing conditions and have it available only for solo driving where frame rates are solid.

Latest Posts

Back