The little things in GT6 that surprised you

• Thread starter MrGrado
  • 197 comments
Australia
Australia
MrGrado
Lets make a list of nice little things that are new/fixed/better in GT6 (don't complain or post bugs/glitches)

Things Improved
  • AI, sound, graphics, car physics improved.
  • paint chips aren't consumed
  • All cars available in dealership
  • credit limit increased
  • choosing colour of prize car
  • prize tickets gone
  • selecting reverse gear
  • applying park brake
  • clutch
Things New or Fixed
  • Choosing a name
  • Tracks, cars added
  • speed effects (blurring, shaking)
  • The camera or point of view moves during collisions etc.
  • shifter carts
  • cars not needing breaking in.
  • Big improvement to some standard cars
  • The moon
Car Details
  • In car clocks and trip tachometers work, odometers work. (on some cars)
  • blind spot indicators
  • flapping mud flaps
  • changing colour of dials
  • racing brakes adds brake graphics
  • detail of reflected images in headlights
  • Cars have more unique driving characteristics than before
  • Some standard cars improved
  • track map in some cockpits
Track Details
  • man waves checkered flag at race finish. Fireworks at finish.
  • leaves, flowers, sparks, smoke, trees improved
  • bunnies
  • sound of stones hitting underside of car.
  • corner markers at Monza fixed
  • skybox. stars and planets and stuff
  • Willow Springs infield is all drivable
  • high vis surfaces on cones
  • women spectators
  • Still got the monkey in the tree
  • bumps
  • movable barriers
  • glowing brake disks
Tuning
  • settings A/B/C can have separate pain jobs
  • wing removal
  • adding flat floors, sunroofs, new mirrors, headlight covers
  • fitting and unfitting weight reduction and engine tuning
Races
  • AI cars weaving before race start
  • new online racing options
  • better qualifying online
  • friends leader boards for licences
  • ghost lines instead of ghost car
Replays
  • timing monitor showing green and purple sectors
  • drivers view option in replays
  • zoom in on interior of premium car
  • drivers head movement (also during race)
Menus
  • nice camera angles in garage gallery
  • tuning menu layout
  • speed through menus, fast loading
  • previewing paint
Misc

Last edited:
Lets make a list of nice little things that are new in GT6 (don't complain or post bugs/glitches)

• In car clocks working
  • paint chips aren't consumed
  • settings A/B/C can have separate pain jobs
  • The cam/pov moves during collisions etc.

Really? I had not noticed this, will have to check it out.

I thought seeing the guy with the checkered flag was a nice touch and the blind side indicators are a very nice and useful addition.

In addition to the in car clocks the mileage and trip tachometers work. See Hyundai Genesis cockpit view.
There is now a human(well, npc) that waves the checkered flag at the end of every race.
Tire sounds are much improved from the near inaudible state they were in before.
For some reason they took they rpm and mph gauge from standard cars in cockpit view.
AI aggressiveness doesn't make the AI "as cheap" in arcade mode. "They are no longer content staying in line".

My car no longer dissapears into a cloud of jaggies..just smoke now :P
premium gt350 was a suprise,tire sounds,sense of speed seems much improved,and the A.I now periodically attacks me :( lol

I know a lot of people prefer to skip animations and such, but I was pretty surprised when I first played that the oil change animation is completely gone. I thought it was pretty cute in GT5 although it was like 5 times longer than GT4. Everything about the lift, the mechanics, the trolley and the sped up time lapse was pretty quirky.

Leaves actually fall from the very first tree on Autumn Ring, I was watching a replay and was like seriously the leaves are actually falling. PD adding little things, anyone notice that the polygonal audience on some courses actually walk around and not just stand turn then turn back.

Actually having races with LMP and Group C cars without them having ludicrous horsepower values, it's so delicious to race without reaching stupendous speeds and vehicle traits seriously weigh in on braking. GT cars are fast feel heavy under speed but they stop oh so fast is insane. Love it.

Last edited:
The NASCAR events on the Super Speedways actually require you to detune to 70% horsepower for you to enter. Makes for some really tight pack racing. 👍

What's cooler is that the game may use a drivers real name for a specific car. :eek:

In GT6, old known tracks seem to have more trackside details. Not sure if they really do, or whether the new lighting model just draws your attention, but pretty much every track seems to have me going "hey, never noticed that before".

I am impressed and obsesed with my beloved Standards. They are better than ever !
Cleaned up the paint ,some are "semi premiums" ,others can have upgreadable visible carbon hoods,wings removed etc.
Also Big Brakes upgreade is now visible !
I think I can expect more now through patches

Love the speed of changing cars, getting oil change and back.
Also the speed of changing track & cars in Arcade TT/race/drift.
Oh and the ghost "lines" instead of ghost cars.
Oh and another, the way friends leaderboards are integrated into licence tests.
And how can i forget colour change dials, just change the outer edge to red and it looks like a sporty cars instruments.

If you go off track with a low enough car, gravel hitting the underside actually creates sparks, leaving a trail behind the car. Found that out on Willow Springs with the GT40 Mark I

That they omitted small things like Prize tickets for cars. I.e it's your birthday free car for you. I noticed a lot of stuff isn't here from GT5.

Back