The little things in GT6 that surprised you

• Thread starter MrGrado
  • 197 comments
It seems more noticeable, because you can only see it light up the track on day/night cycle tracks. Because there's more day/night cycle tracks in GT6 than 5, it's much more noticeable.
It seems more noticeable, because you can only see it light up the track on day/night cycle tracks. Because there's more day/night cycle tracks in GT6 than 5, it's much more noticeable.
Good point of view. Definitely more noticeable.

Ok what about the Honda HSV race car. Hold the button down, they're on off on off on off... I've definitely not seen that in any past GT game.

Ok what about the Honda HSV race car. Hold the button down, they're on off on off on off... I've definitely not seen that in any past GT game.
It was in 5 also. They have options in both games to select the ability to "flash" the lights on the race cars or toggle high beams.

Some race cars don't have high beams. So instead of making a fake high beam, they make it so their headlights flash. In real life, race car drivers flash their headlights indicating their going to pass someone. You should watch some of the endurance races. Drivers at the the 24 Hours of Le Mans say that Audi's R18 blinds them at night when they're flashing their headlights.

Probably stated, but will restate, the "feel" of the game. Its closer to the PC sims now, and it probably tops the Racing Sim category for consoles as of now.

Drove 5 different cars around the Nordschleife had never been so rewarding, yet at the same time so unforgiving. Racers have to make slightly minute changes and adjustments all the time, and in GT5 the track felt flat and boring along with the cars sorta like sliding two pieces of cardboard on each other. With this new suspension and physics model, each car is different. Every small and slight sensation is felt, and on a track like the Nurb' thats incredibly important for a fast lap.

Driving an NSX, S2000, MP4-12C, 458, and even a Samba Bus has never been more fun than in this game.

The lil' guy waving the checkered-flag at race-end (does he have a 'name' yet?)

About the only 'real' pleasing-surprise, the other 'surprises' are more towards the disappointment-side.

The game just loads so much faster than gt5. It might be a small thing, but it impresses the heck out of me. Now that gt6 is out, I haven't kept up with the seasonals on gt5 just because I can't stand to wait on it to load. Just this in itself would have almost been worth the money for the new game for me.

Another interesting thing I've noticed is that you see more women spectators at the races. I don't recall seeing any women in gt5. I can't believe my wife hasn't noticed this yet.

Found this while taking pics of my Speed 8 in the 24 mins. of LeMans:

6c9a8947-8b4b-44ad-b451-16c68433810b.jpg~original

Initially got really excited about the idea of a different track map sticker depending on which track you're on. Unfortunately it doesn't change. It's always La Sarthe. Still, cool little detail. They even went to the trouble of making it look like a weathered sticker complete with dog-ears and the impression of bolts and the sparco logo underneath.

Nobody has explained how the launch control in the Ferrari 458 is activated...

Also, the leader light system on the Audi R18 actually works, It may work on other cars that have this (Peugeot 908 and 2010 BMW M3 GT2 should have it.), I'll check back.

Probably stated, but will restate, the "feel" of the game. Its closer to the PC sims now, and it probably tops the Racing Sim category for consoles as of now.

Drove 5 different cars around the Nordschleife had never been so rewarding, yet at the same time so unforgiving. Racers have to make slightly minute changes and adjustments all the time, and in GT5 the track felt flat and boring along with the cars sorta like sliding two pieces of cardboard on each other. With this new suspension and physics model, each car is different. Every small and slight sensation is felt, and on a track like the Nurb' thats incredibly important for a fast lap.

Driving an NSX, S2000, MP4-12C, 458, and even a Samba Bus has never been more fun than in this game.

Heh, You know - I felt the same about Sarthe. That straight with hairpins is completely nuts. Combine this with the madness of Bathurst it's hard to go back to just about anything else. I've kind of disowned FM4 after GT6.

Nobody has explained how the launch control in the Ferrari 458 is activated...

99% sure that the 458 doesn't have launch control in the game. I think people are just surprised by the brilliant traction it has off the line.

header9.jpg

See those three lights next to the number on the car? That is the position indicator that's standard on all current LMP and GT cars in the FIA World Endurance Championship. Three lights on means that a car is in third place; two means it's in second, and one light indicates it's the class leader.

The R18 TDI in GT6 has these lights, and surprisingly enough, they actually work as described based on the car's overall position.

I think he lied. I bought the 458 earlier and I never figured out how it worked.

He probably meant, that the 458 seems to take off using launch control (automatically) instead of doing wheelspins all the time. So therefore it has a working launch control, because it´s there and it works. Its not an option for the player.

Maybe. Just my 2cents.

They seem to improved a lot from GT5 and in the previous games they were brilliant.

Just want to say finally a positive thread for change rather than the endless cries and whining. :D

Let's just say that this thread is the opposite of the other thread. Which happens to be called "GT6 Whining Thread"

Although I discovered it a few weeks ago, it was interesting to find that the Lotus Europa S.2 is actually a Europe. According to the plate on the back. Apparently Europas sold in Germany went under the name of Europe due to a specific licensing issue at the time.

Drastically reduced loading times are very nice.

True. It's very noticeable. On GT5 it takes like 15-25 seconds to finish loading the track MENU. On GT6? Maximum 10 seconds.
To load the actual track, GT5 takes half a minute or even a minute if you didn't downloaded the content to make the loading faster. GT6 varies from 15 seconds to 20 seconds.
I didn't timed it, it's a total guess. But i'm think i'm 70% correct.

...Another interesting thing I've noticed is that you see more women spectators at the races. I don't recall seeing any women in gt5. I can't believe my wife hasn't noticed this yet.
There is a post on Reddit which tried to point out that pretty much all of the women spectators in GT6 are bored, either sat down, looking away or both ;)

I still can't get over how each of these cars feels so different in its handling - I know others have mentioned it here, but it gets me every time I try a new one :)

I thought Silverstone was a great new addition at the time of the GT Academy, but all of the new tracks are really just superb and a joy to drive on.

Back