The little things in GT6 that surprised you

• Thread starter MrGrado
  • 197 comments
I still can't get over how each of these cars feels so different in its handling - I know others have mentioned it here, but it gets me every time I try a new one :)

I'm also impressed with how some cars have improved since Gt5. Just splurged and got a 2J yesterday. It may just be me, but it seems that this car handles much more like you would expect it to in GT6 than it did in 5.

Not sure if it was mentioned but I like the way the grass gets blown back as you pass by. Very cool. 👍
And the flowers at Eiger - I saw that in a replay. Try and stir up the leaves at Autum Ring too, that can look good in replays too, though you might have to go slightly off-track to do that ;)

I posted this on one of the photomode threads, but I'll put it here too...
Autumn Ring sunset 7.jpg

Last edited:
I'd say the minor graphical details surprise me- mostly things like the sun glare (best-ever for any GT game), the night effects, the modeled flag wavers, and the whole night racing action. Maybe another thing that surprises me is that Gran Turismo 6 is not a proper evolution from GT5, but it FEELS more like an evolution of GT5. I actually think GT6 is more fun to drive than GT5. There is even an element of danger and intrigue in trying to keep your car balanced while racing it. However, trying to constantly fight your car doesn't become excessive to where the game loses its fun factor.

These are some of the things that have really surprised me about GT6.

What surprised me quite a bit was the fact that you could use a "paint chip" or a certain color paint for that matter as many times as you would like, as long as you have the money!

Something surprised me just now- BIG fields for the off-road races! I just completed my first-ever off-road race in GT6. Gran Turismo 6 is the first-ever Gran Turismo to allow for a double-digit number of cars on an off-road course. I just competed in my first off-road race in GT6 where I was part of a pack of 12 cars on the same track. There was just you and a ghost in GT2, you and a real opponent in both GT3 and GT4, and about a maximum of about four for a proper rally race and maybe 4-6 entrants on a regular off-road course in GT5. It was also surprising how you could have all these entrants on a track without much of a hitch frame rate-wise. VERY surprising.

Things that surprised me. That there's only 4hp and 10PP between a road going EVO and a WRC version. Is the PP system in this game completely whacko?
Could just be depending on the rarity and other specs of the car. Because I'm pretty sure an old *** car isn't more powerful than a Gallardo, but I'm sure it's more rare.

I was preparing to do a photomode session the other day, and in the lead-up to the start line in the replay, I saw my driver quickly check his rearview mirror before the off. I skipped back to the start again and, yup, he did the exact same thing.

Curiously though, on the third skip back, he checked the wing mirror instead...nice touches PD. Combine this with the high detail of the driver's face now and the whole feels far more natural than ever before 👍

Thinking about the car list.

I mean, people may whine about it having too many dupes (Which are almost entirely standard cars) and not the superduper modern cars like the Koeniggseggs and the one trillion Zonda Variants but this game has a car for just about every scenario and driving style possible.

From WW-II VWs, to the Type 1 Bug, the Sambabus. Classic supercars like the Miura, the 250GTO, the Stratos, Countach. Racecars of the olden days like the GT40, Mk IV, Ferrari 330 P4 and the Shelby Daytona and Cobra 427. Cars that never did anything like the Jag XJ13, to modern hatchbacks (Abarth 500, Mito, Golf and Scirocco R, Minis, etc), to kei cars, to the Superduper cars like the Huayaba, the McLaren F1, 16 Ferraris, most McLaren road cars, Astons and many more unorthodox and obscure cars like the Cizeta (Which is now premium). GT is in essence a celebration of the automobile, and has become more like this since GT4.

Good to know that Kaz and Co. really are enthusiasts.

Also, the body roll, and moving tyres on bumpy surfaces. The KTM X-Bow's suspension travel and movements are mesmerizing.

I mean, people may whine about it having too many dupes (Which are almost entirely standard cars) and not the superduper modern cars like the Koeniggseggs and the one trillion Zonda Variants but this game has a car for just about every scenario and driving style possible.

From WW-II VWs, to the Type 1 Bug, the Sambabus. Classic supercars like the Miura, the 250GTO, the Stratos, Countach. Racecars of the olden days like the GT40, Mk IV, Ferrari 330 P4 and the Shelby Daytona and Cobra 427. Cars that never did anything like the Jag XJ13, to modern hatchbacks (Abarth 500, Mito, Golf and Scirocco R, Minis, etc), to kei cars, to the Superduper cars like the Huayaba, the McLaren F1, 16 Ferraris, most McLaren road cars, Astons and many more unorthodox and obscure cars like the Cizeta (Which is now premium). GT is in essence a celebration of the automobile, and has become more like this since GT4.

Also, the body roll, and moving tyres on bumpy surfaces. The KTM X-Bow's suspension travel and movements are mesmerizing.
Unfortunately, some people want half of those out the game, because they think it's all about supercars and not the celebration of automotive history :(.

Unfortunately, some people want half of those out the game, because they think it's all about supercars and not the celebration of automotive history :(.
I'd only get rid of the overwhelming amount of dupes.

To me, it's what makes Gran Turismo the game it is and why I love it.

I like how the wings make a difference. Instead of making the car look cool and only making it stick a little more in GT5, now it really makes a difference. You can test this by drifting, and changing the downforce in the back time to time. It could just be the new suspension engine, but I find it's all in the wing.

Also, the game just makes me cry. People always tell me "nobody likes cars, why are you posting these stupid photos". But truly, they haven't seen the energy yet.

Back