The little things in GT6 that surprised you

• Thread starter MrGrado
  • 197 comments
Not sure if this was in GT5 (not played) but when you stop you can engage the handbrake and it wont disengage. Simply stop and keep circle pressed for a moment and release it - handbrake engaged.

Also some LMP cars (the newer ones) flashes their lights when changing from low to high beam - super cool.

Example at 1:50

Not sure if this was in GT5 (not played) but when you stop you can engage the handbrake and it wont disengage. Simply stop and keep circle pressed for a moment and release it - handbrake engaged.

Yes, that was in GT5. 👍

I'm very surprised at how quickly the menu's change. It's so fast and fluid. You want to go to the garage, done. Buy some new parts, done. Go in and out of multiple car manufacturers and decide you don't want to buy a car, no problem, back to the main menu. It's completely without delay. The only two things that still take a little time to load are the waiting time to start a race once selected and when you receive/buy a car and have to wait for it to be "delivered". Apart from that, very impressed.

Some license menu music is from GT4. It was wonderful for PD to add old music to the game.

That was in GT5 too

Also GT4, GT3 and even GT2. Ironic you mention it because I have been convinced GT6 didn't have it or at least not very noticibly. I'll have to watch closer.

is it just flicker from the graphics or does the AI flash their headlights at me to pass?

One thing I forgot about was the 2013 cars in the NASCAR series have the real drivers' names. Some things, like the Super GT series, have real Super GT surnames - I spotted a Quintarelli and an S.Motoyama 👍

I was driving the X2014 Junior at Rome and with surround sound, you can actually hear the wind going over the rear wing in the corners. I thought that was a really cool little touch.

Oh and if you look at your guy as you're waiting for a kart race to start, you can see his feet working the accelerator and brake pedals.

On the Abarth Grande Punto, in daylight, when you toggle the high beam the dashboard lights up so you can see the dials in the shadows. Only car so far that I have come across that do that.

A lot of the things that people have mentioned have also surprised me. But, the biggest surprise for me (and apologies that this is not a positive but a negative) is that all the effort taken into designing , so far, the Vision GT Mercedes and yet they spoil the whole thing by not bothering to design an interior (or at least giving something). I haven't previously driven using cockpit view and I was very surprised to see just a black area for a dashboard (not even a steering wheel) and, combined with the small windscreen, makes it very difficult to see even in daylight racing.

To balance that, the biggest positive for me has been the suspension physics (well, mostly) and how cars react much better to suspension changes

There are also birds flying above the Autumn Ring.

All so a jet.

A lot of the things that people have mentioned have also surprised me. But, the biggest surprise for me (and apologies that this is not a positive but a negative) is that all the effort taken into designing , so far, the Vision GT Mercedes and yet they spoil the whole thing by not bothering to design an interior (or at least giving something). I haven't previously driven using cockpit view and I was very surprised to see just a black area for a dashboard (not even a steering wheel) and, combined with the small windscreen, makes it very difficult to see even in daylight racing.

You do know most of these "concepts" are just 3D renderings in some CAD program.

PD does not use fake models of the cockpit and they wont release it till it is good, look at the M4.
It has no cockpit because it is not completed yet.

You do know most of these "concepts" are just 3D renderings in some CAD program.

PD does not use fake models of the cockpit and they wont release it till it is good, look at the M4.
It has no cockpit because it is not completed yet.

Fair enough, I wasn't aware that they were likely to release a cockpit at some point....just assumed they did the exterior and left the interior. Also just assumed they would have some basic cockpit "standard" view (having never used cockpit view before I have no idea how it was on GT5).

Not sure about the concepts being only 3D renderings in a CAD program as I noticed in the intro video yesterday (first time I have watched it) that they appeared to be making a model of it out of clay and I'm sure I saw a model made out of wood or plastic or something there as well...could be wrong mind

Fair enough, I wasn't aware that they were likely to release a cockpit at some point....just assumed they did the exterior and left the interior. Also just assumed they would have some basic cockpit "standard" view (having never used cockpit view before I have no idea how it was on GT5).

Not sure about the concepts being only 3D renderings in a CAD program as I noticed in the intro video yesterday (first time I have watched it) that they appeared to be making a model of it out of clay and I'm sure I saw a model made out of wood or plastic or something there as well...could be wrong mind

Clay is the output from a CCL machine and then polished up by hand.
The plastic would be a tiny scale model.

Clay is the output from a CCL machine and then polished up by hand.
The plastic would be a tiny scale model.

Yeah, the plastic model looked like maybe a 1:10 scale model or something....was quite big. The clay bit, I have no idea what a CCL machine is (am guessing it's not a Climate Control Levy machine lol) but there was a bloke who looked like he was sculpting with the clay. But, I am not at all familiar with 3D modelling, concept design etc, so I shall just say thank you for explaining things for me, much appreciated

Can't remember if the rally cars in GT5 did this but the mud flaps on the Audi Quattro Rally car flap in the wind

Started in GT4 as far as I remember. Maybe even GT3, though I don't remember.

The way the cam/pov shakes in front collisions is fantastic.

Started in GT4.

• In car clocks and trip tachometers work, odometers work. Clocks worked in at least some cars (Z34, 1969 Camaro) in GT5
  • sound of stones hitting underside of car, seeing sparks. May have started in GT3 or GT4
  • bunnies Huh?
  • prize tickets gone Still no way to win prize cars multiple times like you could in GT1-4

Yesterday I crashed in to a barrier and the crowd behind it (which were fully 3D modelled) cowered in fear putting their arms up to shield themselves and hid behind the barrier. Pretty cool thing I've never noticed.

Cars being delivered straight to your garage, and short loading times.
Thank you, PD!

Edit: OH MY GOD! The new x2010 sound! I felt it down my spine!

Last edited:
Really, I remember you could toggle low beam/high beam. Now in GT6 when racing with no lights on you can flash your main beam. Seems more noticeable.
It seems more noticeable, because you can only see it light up the track on day/night cycle tracks. Because there's more day/night cycle tracks in GT6 than 5, it's much more noticeable.

Back