The little things that you find ANNOYING IN GT SPORT.

Every livery you've saved and uploaded (car, suit and helmet) being available when you're changing it, with no option for deleting them.

Pretty sure I've deleted liveries.... just select and press triangle and the delete option is there..... I think, late here and can't be bothered to flash up PS4 to check! :cheers:

Pretty sure I've deleted liveries.... just select and press triangle and the delete option is there..... I think, late here and can't be bothered to flash up PS4 to check! :cheers:

You can delete it out of your library but there is still a thumbnail for it on the selection / LE screen. AFAIK these are impossible to get rid of.

The FIA qualifying session is so boring and stupid. Drone around for most of the session to burn fuel just to do 1, maybe 2 flying laps.

Just make it one shot qualifying. It's the same for everybody and saves a lot of time.

Having the Nurb Tourist track as a Time Trial option, but Northern Isle Time Trial Mission wet or dry, still isn't available as a TT.

Having to watch the intro when you watch a replay of an FIA race

- The helmet liveries don't load
- The qualifying times don't load
- You can pause/fast forward/change cameras when you're watching the race, so there's no sense of theatre that obligates them being kept

Who thinks putting stuff in like this is a good idea?

What I hate most about GT Sport is the missed opportunities and the wasted effort when they could have been so easily fixed.

They spent so much time of certain cars and even certain classes of cars and then these cars or classes cant be used effectively in the game.

Case in point... the Zonda R. Its like a caged lion.

Single make races? They made it and it languishes.

The three 2008 Super GT cars. What the hell for? There's not much joy to lose to their 2016 cousins.

They need to use the assets already in the game more effectively.

With BOP they seem pretty equal

Not on technical circuits, but they’e only one BoP update away from being on equal ground. PD needs to roll one out already.

The group c cars on the other hand will simply never be competitive with the Hybrid LMP’s and even if they were by sheer horsepower, it’s an absolute mess to race with them because the braking distances are so much further.

Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere but the fact that there’s no flat black or flat white paint in the livery editor. I know it can be faked with giant stickers but the seams still show on some cars.

All of the great cars that are in the intro movie but not in the game.
upload_2019-5-13_21-19-1.png
upload_2019-5-13_21-21-9.png
upload_2019-5-13_21-22-10.png
upload_2019-5-13_21-22-39.png
upload_2019-5-13_21-23-7.png
upload_2019-5-13_21-24-43.png
upload_2019-5-13_21-26-4.png

Random pictures of the British royal family really **** me off no end. Every update they add a few more. I know what's coming.

Get enough of unabated royal propaganda shoved down my throat by a fleet of disingenuous grinning arse licks on the BBC constantly.

Don't want to see those undemocratic parasite chancers when I turn on my PS4.

I won't even mention the Thatcher one. Grrrrrrrr

Last edited:
Random pictures of the British royal family really **** me off no end. Every update they add a few more. I know what's coming.

Get enough of unabated royal propaganda shoved down my throat by a fleet of disingenuous grinning arse licks on the BBC constantly.

I guess I never noticed that but why would they even do that since the game is made in Japan??

Honestly the thing that annoys me most about these pictures is that Hemingway seems to be the only 20th century writer who gets a mention

Maybe it's a Japanese thing

Oh, was a bit refreshed last night. Went on a wee rant I see. :lol:

Bevvied up or no that's exactly how I feel about them. This isn't the place to unload, my apologies for that.

I'm off to the lads place tonight with my PS4 & monitor for some 4 way drink driving. Don't worry, they wont let me near the internet. :lol::lol::lol:

The amount of time it takes to get back to the home screen from a manufacturers showroom in Brand Central.

I could list many about applying decals in livery editor!

Not being able to change car in qualifying time trial without exiting and selecting it again unlike where you can in a lobby in the top left corner.

Customizable windshield sticker, why not Kaz? It can't be that hard to make it available for all cars, and it will definitely make a huge difference in the overall styling...

The Porsche 962 C, the Jaguar XJR9 and the Mazda 787B all have blank windshield banners and are integrated to the body paint, meaning you can edit it, so it's a proof that they can actually do this.

Last edited:
TL;DR - Just about every aspect of the game that is not the driving and the accessibility to somewhat personally-competitive relatively clean online racing is ham-fisted, poorly designed, sub-par, misses opportunities, and frustrating. And disappointment roulette is at the top.
  • Most of this game (that is not driving or accessibility to somewhat personally-competitive relatively clean online racing) is poorly designed and anti-fun, but the spin to win system is the pinnacle of poor design in this game. It is neither fun nor rewarding. Instead of accruing a reasonable amount of credits for a reasonable amount of play time, credits are meager and we're forced to play a set amount every day to obtain cars.
  • That mileage exchange makes you wait months or years for that paint chip you missed while you were on vacation. Seriously, **** you.
  • The fact that PD is so insular with regard to their player-base and community. They try to keep everything so secret from us and rarely address longstanding issues. Can't tell if customer-relations incompetence or just arrogance.
  • Everything about the user interface
    • The cluttered and non-intuitive home screen layout
    • The home screen highlighting random human achievements, notable historical moments, and advertising in game scapes rather than showing me the cars in my garage that I love and my own scapes photos. Nobody cares about the Y2K bug in 2019.
    • The "recommended cars" screen being the default, with no way of customizing the list by favoriting garage cars
    • The slow loading of menus and the fact that you have to wait so long to get into and out of sport mode and brand central
    • That brand central defaults to a dynamic scene that takes 7 seconds to load instead of the quick loading studio scene. It'd be nice if I could change the default to the studio scene
    • The search feature of "Discover" is awful.
    • That I have to select a photo/livery to see whether I've already liked it or not in "Discover". Makes finding 1000 liveries to "like" tedious.
    • Inability to control camera in brand central studio scene
    • Inability to change a car livery without "getting in it" first or loading the livery editor
    • Inability to change a car livery anywhere in a race
    • Being forced to exit out of a qualifying time trial to change a car
    • Being forced to exit out of a time trial if I want to change the tune of a car such that it is in another "class"
    • No record-keeping of conditions during fastest lap. Actual horsepower, car weight, tuning options, tire choices, weather conditions, penalty options, etc are all left out- only the wildly varying car class and whether BoP was enabled.
    • Inconsistent reconnection behavior after suspending PS4. Selecting some menu options will automatically reconnect, some will prompt you to reconnect manually, and others will just kick you back to the main screen. Why not just always automatically reconnect?
    • That I can sort by "date acquired" in the garage but I can never view when I acquired a car
    • That I can't sort by car value in the garage
    • That there is no filter or sort for "purchased" and "gift" cars, just a tiny pink icon.
    • There's no indication that a car is a duplicate in the garage
    • The arcade-like "performance" chart for cars that is useless
    • Replays forget the time diff between cars
    • Forcing me to choose automatic or manual before every single race. It's always the same!
    • Lack of independently customizable rear-view camera height
  • Livery Editor
    • That you have to completely redesign a stock livery to change any aspect of it. Why am I forced to either buy a whole car or download custom decals from the internet to change to a different stock livery that exists in the game for my car? Sell me the other stock liveries with mileage points!
    • Lack of a way to rotate decals 90 degrees
    • Lack of an undo button
    • Lack of decal merging or grouping
    • No intuitive way to gauge or match the scale of different decals
    • That brand paint chips don't have the brand in the name
    • That no carbon-fiber paint chip is built into the game
    • Forcing us to paint the entire car with no way of removing paint from sections of the car
    • Inability to paint brake calipers
    • That the color picker hue scale is from 0-100 instead of 0-359, leaving out most colors
  • Controls
    • Disparate and inconsistent
    • Inability to toggle DRS/KERS deployment
    • The non-linear throttle and inability to change it
    • Inability to control replay playback with controller buttons, specifically stepping forward and backwards
  • The hamstrung VR experience
    • No MFD options or display of vital car settings like brake balance in VR
    • No indication that DRS/KERS is available or deployed in VR
    • The inability to view splits in VR after a session
    • You can't "Adjust Cockpit View" in VR. You have to exit out and start a standard session in order to access this option
    • That some courses allow selection of clear weather during the day but others do not
    • Inability to change any of the settings in VR "Drive" mode like number of laps or the opponent's car
    • Inability to participate in lobbies or GT League with VR (though I understand exclusion from Sport Mode)
  • Lack of HUD customization, especially:
    • Floating Player names in sport mode which cannot be disabled
    • Inability to disable the recommended gear
  • Gameplay
    • The poorly constructed "classes" of cars. There are 10 classes of N class road cars but only 5 classes of "race" cars in a game about racing. There's an entire class of unclassified X cars that are only used in single-make races. Shame. Shame. Shame.
    • The terrible single player AI
    • The lack of online time trial leaderboards or player made mission challenges.
    • Jarring pit-in animation where your car just disappears
    • Lack of a proper off-line licensing covering passing and aspects of race-craft as a prerequisite for entering sport mode. This is such a missed opportunity as they already have every component already made.
    • Inability to set fuel level when qualifying for FIA races
    • General lack of customization in time trials. There's no way to set the grip-reduction level to "Real" during time trials. (All customization is available for lobbies, but you lose ability to view splits and save your lap records)

Last edited:
Back