The little things that you find ANNOYING IN GT SPORT.

Buying another car that has raised white letter tires and they disappear when creating a new livery. Takes all the realism away, when wanting to make a racing Scape and the tires have black walls on the Trans Am.

Want this...
IMG_6102.jpg

...but tires look like this:
Dt7DstFUcAAUjEF.jpg:large

What's worse is, the tease that there is PD's own writing on the tires. Just go one step further and paint them, PD!

Also noticed the STI stickers disappear from the foglight covers on the 22B. I don't know what issue PD has with us editing the default liveries.

Also noticed the STI stickers disappear from the foglight covers on the 22B. I don't know what issue PD has with us editing the default liveries.
That's what I thought the original LE teaser was showing, on the R8 LMS.

After more than a year since release of the game that there is no response from PD or Sony, let alone a fix, for lobbies with cars stuck at the start or players being invisible to other players or random disconnections. (none of us has potato internet btw). Well over an hour wasted last night trying to get a race started for 12 people without having any of these things happening. We failed, the event had to be cancelled.

The inability to apply custom filters if you only want to run a lobby with certain manufacturers or cars from select eras. I hate it when people enter one of my lobbies and immediately start using a car that's not among the ones specified, especially when it's clearly mentioned in the freaking lobby name. I think that's much more than a little thing, though.

After more than a year since release of the game that there is no response from PD or Sony, let alone a fix, for lobbies with cars stuck at the start or players being invisible to other players or random disconnections. (none of us has potato internet btw). Well over an hour wasted last night trying to get a race started for 12 people without having any of these things happening. We failed, the event had to be cancelled.

That invisible cars bit has been happening since GT5. Wouldn't surprise me if PD hasn't changed the Lobby netcode at all since then. Either that or they just never figured out a way to fix it.

As I recall, doing something that 'reset' the room would usually fix it, like changing the track, or the time of day

That invisible cars bit has been happening since GT5. Wouldn't surprise me if PD hasn't changed the Lobby netcode at all since then. Either that or they just never figured out a way to fix it.

As I recall, doing something that 'reset' the room would usually fix it, like changing the track, or the time of day

You name it, we tried it. Some days are better than others but lobby breaking issues like these are extremely frequent and since they have not been fixed in over a year, we assume that they now never will be. A pretty poor and amateur show all round we think for a top selling AAA title to be so unreliable.

You name it, we tried it. Some days are better than others but lobby breaking issues like these are extremely frequent and since they have not been fixed in over a year, we assume that they now never will be. A pretty poor and amateur show all round we think for a top selling AAA title to be so unreliable.

I have seen this same dynamic happen with other companies. They start off with an awesome product and the next version is even better. They are all bobs-your-uncle for a few years or so and suddenly the product takes a nosedive, issues everywhere, customers absolutely thrown under the bus, etc. From then on they just put whatever out they want, and if you don't like it they don't care because apparantly they are making money somewhere else because losing primary sales doesn't even get their attention.

Now if the lobby problem like you describe has been going on for a year? I would guess PD has made the critical mass necessary to begin that downhill slide. Case is not made any better by the fact that GT Planet created a channel for Kaz, by request, and then he (or anyone else) could not be bothered to respond to anything.

The only option is to take whatever they give us and just accept it for what it is. Again, its not just PD, it is pretty much all corporations once they get to a certain size.

Minor annoying issue I have is that I have to load the entire race in arcade mode just to scroll through the lap times. And also once I exit a race, I cannot go back in to see my split times.

Last edited by a moderator:
The museum section states: "Taking inspiration from automobile racing, a Tour de France was started for bicycles."

This is of course very wrong as bicycle racing is a lot older than automobile racing. There have been professional bicycle racers before the first automobile race was held. In fact even the oldest race that is still held today (Liège - Bastogne - Liège) was first held before the very first automobile race.

Buying another car that has raised white letter tires and they disappear when creating a new livery. Takes all the realism away, when wanting to make a racing Scape and the tires have black walls on the Trans Am.

Want this...
IMG_6102.jpg

...but tires look like this:
Dt7DstFUcAAUjEF.jpg:large

What's worse is, the tease that there is PD's own writing on the tires. Just go one step further and paint them, PD!
Not all cars do this. I think they have started doing this to the more recent cars added to the game. The Plymouth XNR doesn't do this. It keeps it's whitewall tires when you paint it. The tires turn black when you change to racing tires like how it should be. The Trans Am and the C2 on the other hand, is a different story.
DoHeggCXgAEKH5w.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Not all cars do this. I think they have started doing this to the more recent cars added to the game. The Plymouth XNR doesn't do this. It keeps it's whitewall tires when you paint it. The tires turn black when you change to racing tires like how it should be. The Trans Am and the C2 on the other hand, is a different story.
DoHeggCXgAEKH5w.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
That's good, but the Cayman, TT and Megane Trophy GT4 cars, still lose their brands when in LE. Hope this changes.

That's good, but the Cayman, TT and Megane Trophy GT4 cars, still lose their brands when in LE. Hope this changes.
I suspect the reason certain cars lose their branding is so there aren't any clashes. It'd be pretty silly still having Goodyear tyres on car wearing a Yokohama livery etc.

Since PD only modelled what I like to call 'fat' racing tyres suitable for the higher Gr classes how things work now is ok and understandable. They'd have to model various types of racing tyres for road cars which all have more varied fitments meaning more work and potential for issues.

I suspect the reason certain cars lose their branding is so there aren't any clashes. It'd be pretty silly still having Goodyear tyres on car wearing a Yokohama livery etc.

Since PD only modelled what I like to call 'fat' racing tyres suitable for the higher Gr classes how things work now is ok and understandable. They'd have to model various types of racing tyres for road cars which all have more varied fitments meaning more work and potential for issues.
Gr.3 race cars, can have any tyre brand with any sticker on the car. And they're the bread and butter of this series. Could be a clause by Hankook, Porsche, Renault and Audi. I don't know.

PD make different tread tyres for road cars already. The road cars already have the PD "GT Sport" black letter tyres on all compounds. Sized 12346789/123(or whatever). Why not offer a colored letter option?

Comfort hard
DunC7kyU8AADGvj.jpg:large

Sport Hard
DunCqBYVsAE8G2S.jpg:large

Racing Hard
DunDWygU8AAHNwU.jpg:large

They've done this level of detail, at least adding white to the small "GT" and "Sport", shouldn't take up that much more time and data.

Again, the deletion of the letters from the cars I mentioned, doesn't make sense if the tyre tread are the same for slick tyres. The Sport Hard on the Fugu Z, is the same Sport Hard on the E92. Choosing Good Year or TOYO stickers, shouldn't matter. I think a couple cars have Falken stickers on them with different brand name on the tyres(Gr.3 SLS AMG?).

It would be nice if you could pick the displays that you'd like. Ie. having only the radar displayed. Its the only piece of useful information in my opinion. Drivers names are sometimes in the line of sight for an apex. Very distracting for the in car display users.

Is there a way to communicate this to developers?

The fact that PD has put a suspension tune on every car without providing the suspension settings that the manufacturer provides. I simply cannot imagine that all the road cars have a rear toe angle of in 0.60. I am completely down with standardized race suspensions, but provide us with the suspension setup that the car came out of the factory with, even if this would be in a different tab where one could change nothing except what is changeable on the car as it comes out of the factory.
Also the inability to change the center differential settings on some cars is kinda bothering me.

The centre lines for the livery editor aren't in the centre of the car for several recently added vehicles like the Alfa TZ2 and Motul Autech GTR. Goodbye symmetrical liveries!

even if this would be in a different tab where one could change nothing except what is changeable on the car as it comes out of the factory.

Also the inability to change the center differential settings on some cars is kinda bothering me.

Holdover from GT6.

There's only one car that I know that has a centre diff adjust and that's the 22b... but even worse the split only goes from 35:65 to 50:50 so its doubly frustrating...

Where's my 10:90?

Holdover from GT6.

There's only one car that I know that has a centre diff adjust and that's the 22b... but even worse the split only goes from 35:65 to 50:50 so its doubly frustrating...

Where's my 10:90?
The 2014 WRX STI and all Gr.B Rally Cars have adjustable centre diffs as well.

The centre lines for the livery editor aren't in the centre of the car for several recently added vehicles like the Alfa TZ2 and Motul Autech GTR. Goodbye symmetrical liveries!
I've had my fair share of cars, trying to line up... lines, in LE. Some just are bad no matter which projection is chosen.

There's been a couple of cars from the beginning where the centre line is incorrect. I always made my own then. I put a longish rectangle on the roof. When you upsize it, it will touch the edges of the windshield or something, so you have a reference for the centre of the car. As soon as you're done there, repeat on the car's front, hood and rear. Align them all ... and never move them again 👍 !
So whenever you need to mirror a decal, use the stripes - upsize downsize - mirror manually.

Back on topic ... that's certainly annoying big time.

We can't have different colour wheels, front and rear when making our own livery.

Like the Hyundai Gr3 (or is it Gr4?) car.

Back