The little things that you find ANNOYING IN GT SPORT.

*That some license plates are difficult to place decals on. They should have their own place instead of being under 'other'.
*That the rear license plate on the Sambabus is at the wrong place. It's mounted on the rear instead of being under the license plate light.
*That Special Colors can't be used on decals.
*That decals can't be placed on tires and rims. (red tires would look awesome on race cars)
*That the horn or wipers doesn't work.
*That the very very black color (the glitch black from Gran Turismo 6) isn't in the game.
*That only the top versions of cars is in the game. An example: It's not just the (e30) BMW 3-series, or the M3 that's in the game no, it's the M3 Sport Evolution.
*That the windows can't be tinted.
*That I think that cars should be with both US and EU spec license plates.

It's small things, I know, but it could make the game even better.

Livery editor when I want to move or rotate something just a tiny bit. There is no switch or secondary control for micro adjustments.

When I wake the system from sleep mode, everything looks fine but I know it is not connected. I go to "save" in order to try to force it to connect and it pretends that everything is great. Then I navigate to career mode, and only then does it realize it is not connected. Now I have this stupid hesitation before it reloads the previous screen so I can navigate back to the 'save' and now it connects and I can go ahead to race.

If it is going to fail connection, it should do it from the main screen and not force me to try to load something when I already know its not connected.

AI that is pretty slack on most tracks suddenly seems to drive like Lewis Hamilton at the Nürburgring. Just like F1 2018 where they all come alive at Monaco!

There's been a couple of cars from the beginning where the centre line is incorrect. I always made my own then. I put a longish rectangle on the roof. When you upsize it, it will touch the edges of the windshield or something, so you have a reference for the centre of the car. As soon as you're done there, repeat on the car's front, hood and rear. Align them all ... and never move them again 👍 !
So whenever you need to mirror a decal, use the stripes - upsize downsize - mirror manually.

Back on topic ... that's certainly annoying big time.

Still trying to figure this one out - as originally I thought the centreline was offset by a few centimetres on the TZ2, but it's actually about 3 degrees off the true centre axis of the car.

No career mode (A-Spec & B-Spec)
No dynamic weather
No dynamic time
Less famous original GT track
Not enough cars specially Race Car
No featuring (like Goodwood FoS, RedBull Challenge, TopGear, Senna, NASA etc...)
No tuning shop
No dealerships
No GT Auto

My annoyance would be it often feels like it has traction control on, when it is turned off in the options menu.

My annoyance would be it often feels like it has traction control on, when it is turned off in the options menu.

Yes the driving aids are questionable.

ABS on is a PD institution.

The stability control (active stability management) doesnt seem to do anything. It flashes even on a dead straight road.

TCS I usually have on but I do TCS1 if I'm on an endurance and just need a safety blanket.

Ironically I feel like PD TCS is like real life TCS... even if its OFF in the real world, there's some of it still on just because the car manufacturer doesnt trust you.

The only car that I need TCS2 is the F1500 and even then TCS2 isnt foolproof.

Haven't read the first 25 pages, but some things I've noticed:
- Replays not showing all information visible during the race, such as time gaps and penalties. Would be nice if you could perfectly replicate the race view when playing a replay.
- No full leaderboards for daily race qualifying.
- No ability to race against a ghost from the top 10 leaderboards that are there. It would be really handy to have the time gap display updating in real-time against your choice of leaderboard performance to see where you're gaining or losing time.
- The fact that your own PB ghost is lost when you end a qualifying session, so you can't race against it in future qualifying sessions.
- No permanent full leaderboards for each track and category.
- No rewind feature - I really really miss this when learning a track+car combination.
- Huge disparity between credits earned per minute for different activities in the game.
- Non-linear throttle with no ability to adjust the linearity.
- No ability to display markers to show the track limits.
- Imperfect penalty system that can assign blame to the wrong person, and can be exploited to intentionally cause another player to receive a penalty.

The yellow penalty warning that comes up when you are about to serve a penalty, it's in the way more than the fuel warning message ever was. Why not put it higher up the screen or something.

Also the ghost cars, in race or when trying to beat your own time are too visible for me, more of a ghost would be a small but good improvement I think now that you can't actually hit them.

ASM and CSA still being available in Sport mode after PD decided not to allow them in the FIA events. ASM can even give you a time advantage in FWD cars too and often CSA drivers are the ones causing unnecessary collisions so I don't buy that it's stopping accidents either, if anything it encourages it as they are far less likely to lose control when hitting un-aided cars and/or driving off the track.

The non-configurable non-linearity of the brake and accelerator was almost enough to have me stop playing GT Sport at one point earlier in the year.

The throttle is so sensitive between 50-100% it's almost impossible to hold the throttle at any value in between those two numbers. Equally, small amounts of throttle input barely register at all.
The brake suffers from the same problem. 100% braking is fine, but 50% travel / 50% load on the pedal translates to about 20% braking force. Holding the brake at 50% in-game value requires such a similar level of force to 100% that it's really difficult to trail brake into corners.

A single toggle for linear vs non-linear pedals would fix the biggest problem I have with the game. Going further and adding a deadzone and sensitivity controls like other games could come later, but a single checkbox would suffice for now.

Other problems:

* Only up to 10x tyre wear in Custom Races means you can't simulate FIA races without setting up your own online Lobby in order to get access to 10x-50x tyre wear.
* Problems with network connectivity where none exist on my end. Either "Disconnect from the Network" errors or simply getting kicked back to the Sport Mode screen from the pre-race grid screen.
* No mirror in Hood view results in spending lots of time looking at the Radar in braking zones.
* Sport / FIA races should allow the player to select the amount of fuel in the car (where the default is 100%). No more stupid fuel-burn in qualifying and allow players to start races on lighter fuel loads if they intend to do more pit stops.

The non-configurable non-linearity of the brake and accelerator was almost enough to have me stop playing GT Sport at one point earlier in the year.

The throttle is so sensitive between 50-100% it's almost impossible to hold the throttle at any value in between those two numbers. Equally, small amounts of throttle input barely register at all.

Grab the DS4 and go old school X button for gas. Try it for an hour then go back to your pedals. You be good :)

Grab the DS4 and go old school X button for gas. Try it for an hour then go back to your pedals. You be good :)

That's an interesting point actually. I've often wondered why the non-linearity exists in those axes and thought it must have been for the DS4's analog sticks, although it doesn't make much sense there either. From what I remember of playing on older Gran Turismos with an analog X button the button depresses very quickly at the beginning and then stiffens up towards the end of the button's travel. That sort of non-linear behaviour could be compensated for by making the last ~20% of travel in the button correspond to ~50% of the throttle response.

IMG_20190430_151020.jpg

majors:
bump: five seconds;
mirror only on wiping_as_in_the_asphalt camera;
warnings for penalty in the middle of the screen, exactly in front of apex;

annoying:
get bumped: yellow warning.

The Huayra’s winglets don’t work properly... it’s so annoying. That’s why I refrain from using it.... most of the time.

Fuel/tyre wear being listed in that order in Race Details in Sport races, but the options for setting them in lobby creation being the other way round.

One-make races in Sport mode that have BoP applied to them.

Every livery you've saved and uploaded (car, suit and helmet) being available when you're changing it, with no option for deleting them.

1. Low memory errors during replays, forcing me to get rid of some of my photos or replays to increase memory.

2. Different exposure and saturation levels between the photos viewed in my library and the photos posted in the Discover section (which seems to mostly affect those who have HDR TVs).

Back