The little things that you find ANNOYING IN GT SPORT.

Several,
the 2nd-gen Ford GT is in sport mode. Why? The Track mode is arguably better and track mode actually drops the car down further IRL than you can tune in-game. Utterly stupid, also, according to articles, the air-braking from the active-aero wing is only available in track mode and the wing constantly readjusts itself at speeds to create more downforce. So right now the car is in some limbo between sport and track mode. It's mostly infuriating as you can literally see on the wheel in the cockpit view the dial needed to switch the car into track mode.

Livery editor needs a huge update. Some cars have really unconventional designs, so the editor doesn't play well with those spots at all. (Looking at you, 2nd-gen Ford GT, you're probably the worst offender with those buttresses.) and please add some way to organize the "layers" as the whole giant list format gets muddled

Lobbies need an option to force players to use the stock power and weight settings for their cars. So far, you can disable tuning, but there is no option I can find to actually disable weight and power tuning. I believe PD should add more options for lobby owners to mess with and be able to set specifications for each aspect of their car. i.e. tuning car ride-height is disabled.

Why is the word "night" always starred out? Does night mean something in Japanese that it doesn't mean in English?

The now useless weekly Mileage Exchange. I looked forward to getting something new on Tuesday but it's been weeks (months?) since there was something I didn't already have. No new rims, paints, cars, stickers, helmets, poses and whatever else there is. Bummer. I suppose I'm expecting too much as it was bound to run out sometime.

I also wish there were more 20,000,000 and 15,000,000 credit cars available. I already have at least six of each of every high-credit car and I don't know how many more I need just to use up credits. Why does Forza Horizon have so many cool and rare cars while GT Sports has so few? No new Ferraris or Lamborghinis. No Koenigseggs or any of the other limited hypercar off-brands. I enjoy collecting cars and I already have them all. I miss the Chaparral 2J and the Shelby Series One which were two of my most favorite cars. Where's the Minolta Toyota 88C-V and Toyota GT One I've used throughout the years? It's so weird to have certain favorite cars just simply disappear when a new GT game comes along.

Also, what good are those X-class cars when there are no useful races for them?

I really do enjoy GT Sports and my complaints are few, but the thread is here, so I figured I'd contribute.

That circuit records, on the official mobile site,are not accurate or complete. I have no times for the Mazda touring car and most tracks have only one time recorded.

The other thing that is very annoying. The fact that AI in GT league and Custom races have a different physics model. They do not "poolball" when contacted like other players in Sport mode. You cannot knock them off track! Especially when you catch up to them, after they do a pit maneuver on you, to apply vengeance upon them!

The other thing that is very annoying. The fact that AI in GT league and Custom races have a different physics model. They do not "poolball" when contacted like other players in Sport mode. You cannot knock them off track! Especially when you catch up to them, after they do a pit maneuver on you, to apply vengeance upon them!

The lead AI dive bombing you in Super Formula races is guaranteed.
As soon as I get into the lead on a Super Formula race I have to change how I drive, otherwise I end up punted into the gravel trap at the very next heavy braking zone. Has no impact on the AI car and results in occasionally damaged controllers.

Yes, AI get very pissed if you pass them! They also will beat your FL if you're leading and have it. Its usually some driver in 5th place.

I've noticed that and it's a real pain.
Back of the grid to 1st with 2 laps to go, sometimes mid race if I'm going well.
Then all of a sudden you've got a car swarming all over you and another car snatching your FL.

Mind you it's better than Suzuka, which occasionally has the leader disappear 10 seconds up the road.
By the time you clear the pack they are gone.

Honestly, i really would like that PD focus for the next updates on one thing: accuracy of braking and TCS.

It's fine, as long as you have ABS, normal or weak, but without ABS, for a pad user, it's a real pain to not understeer or lock-up, and i wonder why this is was not fixed yet ?

For the TCS, most of the time, i feel the need to get rid of TCS, as i get better control of my car on partial throttle, cause TCS, even at 1, feels the need to kick in and i understeer immediately... if not spinning.

It's too bad, cause otherwise, the game is perfect in terms of feeling for every type.

Back of the grid to 1st with 2 laps to go, sometimes mid race if I'm going well.
Then all of a sudden you've got a car swarming all over you and another car snatching your FL.

Mind you it's better than Suzuka, which occasionally has the leader disappear 10 seconds up the road.

That's because AI races with boost setting set to strong. If you watch a race replay and xc get next to an AI car move between your car and the AI car, the AI will show a slower speed on the speedometer compared to your car and CD the AI car will be going as fast or faster, this is boost at work. It's very noticeable at BMB in the Professional $100K car value race, the race everyone used to farm for credits.

Honestly, i really would like that PD focus for the next updates on one thing: accuracy of braking and TCS.

It's fine, as long as you have ABS, normal or weak, but without ABS, for a pad user, it's a real pain to not understeer or lock-up, and i wonder why this is was not fixed yet ?

For the TCS, most of the time, i feel the need to get rid of TCS, as i get better control of my car on partial throttle, cause TCS, even at 1, feels the need to kick in and i understeer immediately... if not spinning.

It's too bad, cause otherwise, the game is perfect in terms of feeling for every type.

My issue is it's next to impossible to trail brake with a controller so setting a quick time without some form to ABS (weak) is impossible as you can't brake beyond the point of turn in.

My issue is it's next to impossible to trail brake with a controller so setting a quick time without some form to ABS (weak) is impossible as you can't brake beyond the point of turn in.

And what type of controls do you use? I use L2 for braking and R2 for throttle and I have absolutely no problem with trail braking. If you use the right stick for throttle then you don't stand a chance.

And what type of controls do you use? I use L2 for braking and R2 for throttle and I have absolutely no problem with trail braking. If you use the right stick for throttle then you don't stand a chance.

x for throttle and ◻ for brake? Well, in that case you don't stand a chance even more. I strongly recommend you to change it to R2 for throttle, L2 for brake, x for upshift and ◻ for downshift (or vice versa, whichever feels more comfortable to you). It takes some getting used to but it's what the fastest controller players use. And trust me, once you get used to it, you will never go back. And of course, your dexterity will be a major factor. Try it out and you'll see.

Last edited:

Basically, this is the AI:
Elastic-bands1.jpg

Another thing. Why can't you sort your decal collection?
One of the most frustrating things for me when I make liveries is that decals are ordered by date uploaded, not date added to your collection. If this was the case, it would make livery editing far smoother, as the most recent decals tend to be ones I need for the current livery I'm working on. Moreover, ordering by name would also be extremely helpful. They could also be sorted by likes, but that's probably pointless.

I find it annoying that Kaz won't allow us to :

Paint decals with special colours

Paint every part of a car (a lot you can't)

Put stickers on your windows

Tint your windows

Take off your Number Plate

De Wing a car

Searching for decals takes an age oh wait you can't search for your decals... takes millenia to find the one you want!

Last edited:
When in qualifying mode for Sports-Mode races you have to leave the track to try another car. It would be nice to be able to change the car while still on the track. That way you could compare different cars in one session and even race your own ghost with another car.

Latest Posts

Back