The little things that you find ANNOYING IN GT SPORT.

Another minor thing is the inability to edit the color of cars with preset liveries. I like that we can at least edit the rim brand and colors without losing the presets now, but I wish we could edit the paint colors as well. For example, the Viper Gr. 3 with its livery still intact would look pretty good in yellow.

The tire restrictions that are imposed in the daily races. Some tires just don't work for certain cars.

This. PD seems to have renewed their love of SH tires from GT6 this week. The Civic is no fun at all on SH. I haven't run the Supra, but I see no reason why it would be different.

As a newbie to the game .....

- Being able to add power and mods to homologated GT spec cars is just asinine
- Not being able to change car settings once you start practice/qualy .... what?
- In lobbies, have nfi when the practice/qualy ends and the race starts .... I mean why isn't it timed?? Just baffling.
- The understeer on coast, as in you brake, lift the brake and try to take a turn and the cars just plow forwards

1) Inconsistent chase-cam position.
Some cars are close to the camera, some cars are far away. And choosing the option for a nearer camera doesn't fix this as some cars get way to close and block the view of the road and with other cars the camera just gets a bit higher staying far away.

2) I want to look at the steering wheel and other stuff inside the cabin, but the camera decides to look back.

Being able to scrub off a penalty while still on the racing line. This encourages penalized drivers to 'game' the system.

If PD can't bring themselves to emulate REAL racing (where not one single series afaik allows penalties to be served by a slowdown, let alone one on the racing line) and impose drive-throughs or end of race time penalties, they have no right to the FIA's approval. At the very least, penalties MUST be served off the racing line.

No mandatory 'return position' to cars you force into a crash. Other games get this right. A 5 second penalty for forcing a car off and costing THAT car at least 20+ seconds of delay encourages gamers to do it. Personally, I think a returning of position for any contact that forces another car completely off the track, no matter HOW long he took, would go a LONG way to calming down the kiddies... Want revenge for being punted to the back at T1 at Monza, etc.? Just take your time getting going again! Car that hit you would have to wait for you, or be DQ'd. Problem solved, you're welcome!

One of my major lobby niggles (one that GT6 had corrected, and PD's institutional amnesia forces us to wait for a fix AGAIN): Every time you return to the main online lobby, all your race filters get reset. If I want to race BoP races, or a certain track, or a certain Group, etc., why doesn't the main lobby remember that, like GT6 (eventually) did? I never understand how PD can repeat the same mistakes over and over and over again. Because we let them? :dunce:

Except it doesn't actually work like a clutch does!

PD managed to make the only clutch in a racing title than requires 100% travel to register.

I'm not sure about the others, but I can make the clutch slip with my G29. However, you can't make powershifts like you could IRL. They removed that possibility since GT5 since our advantage against other players was too big.

I'm not sure about the others, but I can make the clutch slip with my G29. However, you can't make powershifts like you could IRL. They removed that possibility since GT5 since our advantage against other players was too big.
The issue isn't slip, it's that to engage the clutch you need to depress it fully.

In 30 years of driving manual cars, the only time that's the case is with a broken clutch.

We should be able the engage the clutch with anything beyond 40% travel, something every other title seems able to get right.

The issue isn't slip, it's that to engage the clutch you need to depress it fully.

In 30 years of driving manual cars, the only time that's the case is with a broken clutch.

We should be able the engage the clutch with anything beyond 40% travel, something every other title seems able to get right.

I guess they set it that way for the same reason we can't powershift. To make it a little bit longer to change gear.

I guess they set it that way for the same reason we can't powershift. To make it a little bit longer to change gear.
Quite possibly, however for me it removes the point of having it in to begin with.

Its utterly immersion breaking on both counts, particularly when the likes of AC and PC2 will go as far as allowing clutchless shifts off-the-wall revs match

That's another odd thing. I thought the MFD features could be activated without needing the full HUD all the time.

Also, upshifting: not as fast and precise as AC.

This is one of main things. They really should introduce the option for custom HUD.
Now is ridiculous that if I want to manage the fuel map (just to say one), I need to have displayed a lot of other useless information.

This is a good game, I really enjoy it, there's a few things I think would make it better:
The ability to change your car livery on your car before a race from the race menu without having to always go to the garage.
In livery editor, to be able to copy decals to any part of the car, and to copy multiple decals together. Also when you enter livery editor, your changes to the livery editor options should save.
Ability to skip or customise in game soundtrack and play your own music from in game like in GT6.

Being forced to wait for AGES for the crummy Daily Car "Reward" animation to complete. Then never seeing or accessing the pathetic vehicle you've been given and not even being allowed to sell the thing in order to tidy up the garage you actually want not were forced to have. Then getting the same cars multiple times. Then not being allowed to just X out of the whole thing before it even begins. Then doing daily races for a few days in a row without seeing the "reward" and having to sit through FOUR OR FIVE OF THE STUPID THINGS IN A ROW!

Another minor thing is the inability to edit the color of cars with preset liveries. I like that we can at least edit the rim brand and colors without losing the presets now, but I wish we could edit the paint colors as well. For example, the Viper Gr. 3 with its livery still intact would look pretty good in yellow.

I hate that too. I like the cars in a different colour too. Haven't made a viper yet but might do that next.

I have made corvette and mustang versions. Need to drive viper anyways.

6061947363910483993_23.jpg 4692765174159933961_23.jpg

Being forced to wait for AGES for the crummy Daily Car "Reward" animation to complete. Then never seeing or accessing the pathetic vehicle you've been given and not even being allowed to sell the thing in order to tidy up the garage you actually want not were forced to have. Then getting the same cars multiple times. Then not being allowed to just X out of the whole thing before it even begins. Then doing daily races for a few days in a row without seeing the "reward" and having to sit through FOUR OR FIVE OF THE STUPID THINGS IN A ROW!

I stopped playing GT after GT3 'cos i hate the whole licence and graduation and winning cars thing. i loved PCARS cos i could just drive anything. Sadly PC2 is just too hard for me with a controller and I am enjoying GTSport but i LOATHE not having access to all the cars, absolutely LOATHE it.

Just plain childish.

- Can't seeing the exact rev-meter instead of the nerdish red-line-meter.

- inconsistent car quality. some cars are detailed and they want to hide it with more far chase cam angle, try it with more detailed cars, the chase cam looks nearer.

- chase cam angle doesnt stick to horizon, but it sticks with the car, so we dont understand exactly from the angle, if i'm climbing up or down on the road.... In GT5, more earlier patches, the camera was sticked to horizon.

Last edited:
- Can't seeing the exact rev-meter instead of the nerdish red-line-meter.

- inconsistent car quality. some cars are detailed and they want to hide it with more far chase cam angle, try it with more detailed cars, the chase cam looks nearer.

- chase cam angle doesnt stick to horizon, but it sticks with the car, so we dont understand exactly from the angle, if i'm climbing up or down on the road.... In GT5, more earlier patches, the camera was sticked to horizon.
If you use bumper cam all these problems are solved :D

People who youve lapped in a tourney being able to collide with you. They are salty bc they don't have ill skillz. Jp, but seriously...disable collisions for those drivers so they cannot rear-end me causing me to lose a race and waste a tourney race.

Hunter

Lapped(aka not very good) racers being able to collide with you. Lost a tourney race(aint first you're last) because I lapped him/her on the second to last corner and he rear ended me on the final turn. Basically I am saying turn collisions off for the driver who has been lapped so they cannot disperse their salt.

Unless there is an option that I've missed:

If on a one make daily race you don't own the car required, you have to go up to the main menu and then navigate all the way into the dealership to buy the car.. then exit all the way back up back into sport mode race..

Would be a lot less hassle if you didn't already own the car required you have a 'Quick Buy' option to buy it then go straight into the race

Last edited:
- The little stutters here and there on Willow Springs/Interlagos (maybe others too) with sunny weather

- Having to load the livery editor to change wheels (which also are 'tied' to custom liveries, unless I missed something)

I stopped playing GT after GT3 'cos i hate the whole licence and graduation and winning cars thing. i loved PCARS cos i could just drive anything. Sadly PC2 is just too hard for me with a controller and I am enjoying GTSport but i LOATHE not having access to all the cars, absolutely LOATHE it.

Just plain childish.

TBH, I think PC2 would be a far better game if it DID force licenses and graduation and winning cars... The probable reason you feel PC2 is just too hard on a controller is that PC2's sandbox design allows you to jump into cars really difficult to control before you have spent enough time to master low powered and easier to control cars.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be harsh, but the 'childish' thing is expecting that a full blown real racing car should be easy to control with a pad when you haven't spent weeks just coming to grips (ha!) with controlling the lowest power cars first.

BTW, you might want to revisit PC2 if you haven't played in a while. The last update added a counter-steer assist feature (but ONLY for pads, which is what PD should have also done, IMO) which might help you control the cars a bit better.

If on a one make daily race you don't own the car required, you have to go up to the main menu and then navigate all the way into the dealership to buy the car.. then exit all the way back up back into sport mode race..

Would be a lot less hassle if you didn't already own the car required you have a 'Quick Buy' option to buy it then go straight into the race

Most One Makes, the car is provided, unless it is something from the Mileage Garage, IIRC. But yes, a 'Quick Buy' might be nice. But hardly a priority compared to other more pressing issues, yes?

Omission of the option to compare the specs of two cars in brand central. As it is now you have to view one car, remember its specs and then go view the other.

On Nordschleife Tourist Layout time runs a full lap, from Bridge back to Bridge. I was hoping the time would start at Bridge, and end at the Gantry like the real life Bridge to Gantry run.
That's how It works in Assetto and I was hoping for the same thing :/

They give you the car for the daily race. No need to own it.

Back