The little things that you find ANNOYING IN GT SPORT.

The FIA calendar is based upon Japan (?) time. Today is Tuesday. The Tuesday races are closed, and Wednesday races are open.

Yeah, what's that about? I was doing some practice in the kart and when I was ready to have a race it was gone.

A few for me;

- When in sport mode, after the countdown, a car or two around you get the jump on you even though you have the revs at max when it starts
- The fact my 'accident-free races' achievement seems stuck at 4 clean races when I've had 30+
- When in career mode, you get those races where one of the opponents is like Mad Max all of a sudden and rams and baits you for the rest of the race
- The in-car views are just, well, awful, no use to man nor beast
- When there's two 'one make' races out of the daily 3
- When you pit and refuel but somehow fuel one lap too little because you suddenly can't count, or is that just me? :confused::D
- I'm sure that cars are harder to handle in sport mode races than they just were in qualifying even in races where fuel load is not a factor
- The fact you get so little XP for winning in sport mode and yet get a mega ton of it for beating some Samba buses with a La Ferrari in career mode
- The biggest for sure is the heavy-handed nature of penalties; 'So Mr KK you probably gained 3 tenths with that slight corner cut, hmmmmmmm let's see, here's a 3 second penalty that will take you probably 5 seconds to get rid of' :grumpy: :banghead:

PSVR Mode's AI is slower than molasses. Even worse than the easiest setting of the game's AI. You can drop 4 tire grades and still destroy the AI. Rubberbanded so much a fetus could win.

No ghosted time trial in PSVR. At least you can give yourself a decent race! Fixed

Limited race distance in PSVR. Why 2-3 laps, and that's it? One lap of Nords, 4 laps tops at the shortest tracks. Barely enough time to get a rhythm going.

None of these PSVR limitations seem to have any basis in actual hardware limitations. Totally arbitrary stuff that sucks the joy out of VR. Well done, PD. Way to suck!

AI barely any better than GT5 Prologue. Still the slowest, dumbest, most predictable AI in the business. Not worth the time racing. You can drop a car group and three grades of tire, and still lap them.

And I'm no alien. Barely bottom of Div1 SNAIL, if that.

If PD can't get a handle on decent penalty systems for Sport Mode, they had BETTER at least make the AI worth racing. Or what's left to do? Online seems a lot quieter than GT6 used to be.

Last edited:
A few for me;

- When in sport mode, after the countdown, a car or two around you get the jump on you even though you have the revs at max when it starts
- The fact my 'accident-free races' achievement seems stuck at 4 clean races when I've had 30+
- When in career mode, you get those races where one of the opponents is like Mad Max all of a sudden and rams and baits you for the rest of the race
- The in-car views are just, well, awful, no use to man nor beast
- When there's two 'one make' races out of the daily 3
- When you pit and refuel but somehow fuel one lap too little because you suddenly can't count, or is that just me? :confused::D
- I'm sure that cars are harder to handle in sport mode races than they just were in qualifying even in races where fuel load is not a factor
- The fact you get so little XP for winning in sport mode and yet get a mega ton of it for beating some Samba buses with a La Ferrari in career mode
- The biggest for sure is the heavy-handed nature of penalties; 'So Mr KK you probably gained 3 tenths with that slight corner cut, hmmmmmmm let's see, here's a 3 second penalty that will take you probably 5 seconds to get rid of' :grumpy: :banghead:

I pretty much agree with all your statements except 2 of them.

I found out that the speed your car goes at the start in sport mode depends of your position. I noticed it by doing the same race multiple times in a row. Sometimes my car was starting in second gear when I qualified on the top positions. But when I started in the middle of the pack, my same exact car was starting in third gear. Also, using a H pattern gear shifter with the manual cars makes you go faster than everyone else if you shift fast enough. When the first straight is long enough, I usually pass 1 person before the first turn using the clutch and shifter of my G29.

For the clean races, the only way to improve that is to have consecutive clean races. So you have to do 15 clean races in a row to have the achievement. That's almost impossible in sport mode...I achieved it by not qualifying and following everyone to avoid crashes.

I pretty much agree with all your statements except 2 of them.

Also, using a H pattern gear shifter with the manual cars makes you go faster than everyone else if you shift fast enough. When the first straight is long enough, I usually pass 1 person before the first turn using the clutch and shifter of my G29.

Seriously?

For the clean races, the only way to improve that is to have consecutive clean races. So you have to do 15 clean races in a row to have the achievement. That's almost impossible in sport mode...I achieved it by not qualifying and following everyone to avoid crashes.

Seriously?

While I love the general artistry of the menus I dont like how inconsistent they are.

You hit X on the left to get out and sometimes its on the right.

I wish they went back to a 'parts, wheels, paintwork, tuning' screen like before. I think thats a big part of GT.

Now they hid it all in liveries.

Can't turn lights on permanently.

Can't have only have brake bias and fuel trim displayed in HUD.
That's another odd thing. I thought the MFD features could be activated without needing the full HUD all the time.

Also, upshifting: not as fast and precise as AC.

I agree with a lot of what people have said on here .

One of my niggles is trying to get stripes to go over a roof straight if the decal is set the wrong way originally .

When I turn the decal with l2 or r2 it is always a slight bit off and no matter how many times I try to tweak it straight ,it is ever so slightly off .grrr

Also to me a lot of the cars don't seem needed . There should be a lot more online races where a lot of the duplicated cars I seem to receive daily can be used .

The way I see it now is that there is really no need to purchase any car as you will receive it via the daily challenge at some point anyway !

Love the game as a whole though !

Are you sure that's right? I have 4 currently and have had many runs of 3-6 clean races, it went up recently by 2 for some reason and currently I'm on 5 but it hasn't moved?!?

Are you sure that's right? I have 4 currently and have had many runs of 3-6 clean races, it went up recently by 2 for some reason and currently I'm on 5 but it hasn't moved?!?

It's consecutive... get 1 SR down and it re-sets to 0.

It's consecutive... get 1 SR down and it re-sets to 0.

That's kinda why I'm confused, last night I had 5 clean, blue SR races and it hasn't moved, maybe I'm been stupid but in my mind that's 5 consecutive races?:confused:

That's kinda why I'm confused, last night I had 5 clean, blue SR races and it hasn't moved, maybe I'm been stupid but in my mind that's 5 consecutive races?:confused:

You can get a blue SR even if you have contact or a minor off-track excursion.

If you run a clean race it's called out on your race finishing screen.

You can get a blue SR even if you have contact or a minor off-track excursion.

If you run a clean race it's called out on your race finishing screen.

Yep, had that 5 times in a row with the extra 50% reward each time, here's a screen shot of the 2nd to last race I did.

DYw3LkyX4AAH3R4.jpg

A blue S means your Sr increased. But that doesn't mean your race was clean. Minor bumps or offs will not impact your Sr much if the rest of your race is clean, which means you will end up with an Sr increase. While this is a clean race, it isn't a perfectly clean race

A perfectly clean race (what you need for the achievement) is defined by getting green Sr's in all sectors and having no incidents in which GTS deems your fault. This achievement is quite hard to get under the new penalty system as nudges that are not your fault may not be seen that way by GTS.

- the fuel warning red flash damn thing right in the middle of the screen

- not being able to get money out of duplicate cars earned in the daily roulette

- not having a favorite section within the garage

- not being able to skip music on the fly (as you drive)

- the small number of helmets and racing suit available right now

- not being able to select and “bring to the car” various decals at once

- not having a “history” of decals used recently, so you have to navigate through 378 custom decals you have saved to find that one again

- the fuel warning red flash damn thing right in the middle of the screen

- not being able to get money out of duplicate cars earned in the daily roulette

- not having a favorite section within the garage

- not being able to skip music on the fly (as you drive)

- the small number of helmets and racing suit available right now

- not being able to select and “bring to the car” various decals at once

- not having a “history” of decals used recently, so you have to navigate through 378 custom decals you have saved to find that one again

If it wasn't for the music comment I would think I wrote this.

eta.. I turn the music off.

The tire restrictions that are imposed in the daily races. Some tires just don't work for certain cars. I can understand prohibiting tuning, but I don't think the option of changing tires (at least in the same grade) is asking a whole lot. For example, in a Pantera lobby I started, I gave players the option of switching between Sport Soft, Medium, and Hard tires.

Last edited:
A blue S means your Sr increased. But that doesn't mean your race was clean. Minor bumps or offs will not impact your Sr much if the rest of your race is clean, which means you will end up with an Sr increase. While this is a clean race, it isn't a perfectly clean race

A perfectly clean race (what you need for the achievement) is defined by getting green Sr's in all sectors and having no incidents in which GTS deems your fault. This achievement is quite hard to get under the new penalty system as nudges that are not your fault may not be seen that way by GTS.

I understand that built as to my point earlier all 5 races, in a row, had the clean race bonus of 50%, there were no offs, no bumps and green SR's all the way (4 of them were basically leading from the front) And yet the achievement has not moved hence why I think, on my game, it is glitched.

I understand that built as to my point earlier all 5 races, in a row, had the clean race bonus of 50%, there were no offs, no bumps and green SR's all the way (4 of them were basically leading from the front) And yet the achievement has not moved hence why I think, on my game, it is glitched.
I got the bonus but not the consecutive streak thing thing the other day... it's since the last update to SR that it has gone a bit strange. I think, perhaps, for a light tap from another driver or maybe just leaving the track slightly you will still get the clean race bonus (as you have not had any orange SR sectors) however, the minor infringement still goes against your clean race streak.

That would make sense Robben, although I'm pretty sure I had at least 2 races with no infringement whatsoever

That would make sense Robben, although I'm pretty sure I had at least 2 races with no infringement whatsoever
You probably had more than 2 overall... but they have to be in a row to add to your 'consecutive clean races' total

I would like the following items to be taken care:

- GRAPHICS
I would like to see more particles' effects, which would visually allow a more vivid and realistic environment. For example, considering the level of detail for others aspects, it immediately emerges the lack of smoke from tires during breaking. If resources allow, it would be great to further improve the particles' effects related to marbles left by tires on the tarmac on each lap.
Last item to be revised, which could further increase the level of realism, is the collisions and damage management, and the different deformations of side track protections and barriers. Currently, hitting a concrete low-wall has the same physical and graphical reaction as hitting a barrier of tires or a soft barrier.
Introducing different hitting reactions among the different types of barriers, and revising consequently also the physics of the impacts, it would increase the simulation level of the game.

- SOUND
Please add ''radio voices'' as support during the qualifying/race. This item will be particularly important in case of minimal HUD (with basic to none information displayed), for example informing the player the status of tires degradation, number of laps left for the race, fuel levels, or for example if the competitors following is clearly catching up. This update will help to increase the immersion and could be added as a selectable voice (from the options menu).

- HUD:
Currently the game allows to choose from three HUD presets, from minimal to complete.
The minimal to my opinion enhances the immersivity, but at the same time does not allow to tweak during the race any setting (like fuel map, TCS, brake balance) which are useful especially for long and endurance races.

It would be great to have the option for creating a custom HUD (where everyone can decide which item to show on the screen and maybe also where to place them). Additionally it would be also great to have the ''ghosting'' effect for the adjustable setting (for example I need to tweak the fuel map, I push the directional button, it appears the voice, I make the necessary adjustments, and after 3-4 seconds of being idle it disappear automatically).

- PHYSICS:
Before the 1.06 update, GTSport has found an ideal ''sweet spot'', and also with the pad the driving was realistic and challenging at the same time, I would say just a step below Project Cars 2 (which was resulting much less enjoyable with a joypad), and at the same time fully enjoyable as Forza series (which they are more simple in terms of physics).
Since 1.06 update (and later updates), this perfect balance has been lost for a more simplified approach, probably for being more accessible to a greater number of players.
Problem is that now the driving is much more ''flat'', being a sequence of full throttle and full brake, with less need of controlling both input phases.
Currently driving a Gr.1 / Gr.3 / Gr.4 results too easy to handle, too predictable, and consequently also slower categories don't offer any driving challenge.

If the current balance has been introduced to be more accessible to everyone (and needs to stay for this reason), could be possible to introduce the option to have more realistic sim (selectable via menu)? This also will allow the game to last longer, indeed.

5 - TRACKS:
About the tracks, currently the game is absolutely lacking of tracks and tracks' weather variables.
Personally, I think it would be beneficial to have more real tracks, accurately reproduced (tarmac variations and levels), as SPA, Laguna Seca and Donington for example.
Some real world tracks would also allow to have many variations (Silverstone, Watkins Glen, Mugello o Tsukuba for example), to be used and with different categories of cars, and at the same time limiting the production time for the developer.
Given the fact that one of historical weak points of GT Series is related to collisions (with other cars and tracks borders), I would absolutely avoid to have more street tracks (like Tokyo Highway or similar, which indeed is considered by the online community one of the most furstrating and rage-generating tracks of the game).

6 - MISCELLANEOUS
One nice addition would be to introduce the option for organizing online and offline custom championships, with the possibility to adjust number of tracks and cars, categories, distance for each race, penalties, qualifying, etc etc. Similar options already present for the custom races, but extended to a championship.
Also is recommended to introduce one more AI difficulty level (higher).

Last comment is: why my ghosts in time trial always have the standard livery even if the cars I am using (and with I set the ghost) is showing an edited livery? Is that difficult to give the ghost the same livery the car has? Come on.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back