THE LOBANARO LOUNGE - PCars2 test night Sept 25PS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 812 comments
Can't believe I missed Monday... totally slipped my mind, I thought it was Sunday... the three day race weekend screwed with me I guess, I plan to show up this week! I've always wanted to do a Nascar road course race, be considered one of those great "Ringers" we all hear about ;)

Glad you had a good time, looks like you will fit in here just fine! I'm hoping next week there will be a little less off track action at the starts, we are usually better than what you saw the other night!
We ended up racing together a few times and had one good run for a number of laps, it was good, close, clean racing with a few little rubs, good fun! :cheers:

Was fun for sure and
Car choices for Mon Sept 11. (vote deadline Fri noon)

Vote here.

Caper Monterey Stockcar
View attachment 671247

Ford Fusion Stockcar
View attachment 671248

FORD FUSION STOCKCAR is my pick

FORD FUSION STOCKCAR is my pick

Hey Waffle, FYI, you need to go to Report #2 on the first page and click on the "Vote Here" link. That will take you to the voting form. Your vote won't count unless it is there. Plus we keep our votes private so as not to influence others. Your new so you're excused, :D

Last edited:
Well, the pussy was let out of her panties last night. If you haven't guessed already like someone did, we are racing at Willow Springs on Monday. It's only fair as a few people now know, that we all know. This only means we will throw some adjustable wrenches into the night just to keep you Wankers on your toes. What will it be? What has the evil minds of the Lobanaro Pooba's got in store for the unwashed masses in what will be one of the last few races in #1. Two weeks, I hope you all have your pre-orders in.

Well, the pussy was let out of her panties last night. If you haven't guessed already like someone did, we are racing at Willow Springs on Monday. It's only fair as a few people now know, that we all know. This only means we will throw some adjustable wrenches into the night just to keep you Wankers on your toes. What will it be? What has the evil minds of the Lobanaro Pooba's got in store for the unwashed masses in what will be one of the last few races in #1. Two weeks, I hope you all have your pre-orders in.

Thanks. I'm very glad the track to be raced on is known in advance. I find it's much better than not knowing.

You doing ok David? I hope you and your people are ok on the island. Sounds like you are/were hit hard. You're in my thoughts and prayers buddy.

Thanks for the concern Gutterboy and Sgeti. We're very lucky when it comes to the annual storms/hurricanes due to our location. We just happen to be located just off the paths they eventually pass on the way. Though most head in our direction they happen to swerve nearing us in Trinidad. Tobago (our twin island) may get a brush every so often though as it is closer to the path. Trinidad has some shelter geographically speaking. If one hits us good we'll be in shi.t street though as oftentimes a little heavy rain results in flooding either because of poor drainage or because we're surrounded by sea, whichever.

According to the news Barbuda (twin island of Antigua) got hit real bad though with reports of 95% of the country is devastated and apparently now uninhabitable so to speak. Our heart goes out to them. Can't fathom what it must be like to experience that. Another storm or hurricane "José) is on the way too.

Additionally America might get hit hard too as Florida and environs are preparing for the arrival of "Irma" the same one that devastated Barbuda. Scary stuff no doubt.

How could I not share this?.?.

IMG_2164.JPG

Well, with less than 1/2 hr to go before vote deadline we were all tied up, and seeing as the boss's both picked the same car, (Caper), we were going to run that. But, a Ford fan got his vote in just in time, so it ended up Fusion 7-6! And if you missed a previous post, we did a rare thing and let the track be known as it was pretty easy to figure it out. So Willow it is, and be warned, the weather gods will be angry :mad: :mischievous: :D

Car for this Monday: Ford Fusion Stockcar

Fusion.jpg

Current models show it going right over me...albeit a Cat 1 or 2 at the time. Time to start getting **** ready...

Good luck @JoeW . Hope you get through it unscathed.

I have unplanned traveling to a friend's funeral on Monday. Will be out of action for the next number of days. I was looking forward to the Willow Springs challenge.

Current models show it going right over me...albeit a Cat 1 or 2 at the time. Time to start getting **** ready...
You may be sick of hearing it, but stay safe friend.

So for 'Nascar Monday', what's the correct ratio of beer to chewing tobacco we need to consume to properly drive a stock car. Also, if we don't have a beer belly, do we need to strap a pillow under our shirt?

Huge huge huuuuge thanks again to @aerolite and @Gr8_Lakes for drawing to my attention the issue with my brakes coming on when I wasn't even pressing it (even on the straights) thus further slowing me down and intermittently losing acceleration.
Gr8 I watched the vid you posted earlier in the week about dismantling and cleaning the pedals and intended to dismantle and clean over this weekend when I had the time.
Well just yesterday Saturday I found the time to investigate myself doing practice laps with car view set to behind so I could see when the brake lights engaged or not and lo and behold I saw for myself (appears there is some muck in there causing brake sticking). That would account for the many issues I was having that was driving me crazy including the severe complex I was getting coming last all the time, a real bubble-burster that.

In the end yesterday I decided to simply swap the pedal set I had with the other one I had from previous purchase which looked in excellent condition as was hardly used. Perhaps later on down the line if I get same issue and more ambitious I'll go the dismantling and cleaning route.

This morning Sunday with more time to spare I did some actual track testing with the replacement pedals in place and it appears the issue has been resolved. So now I'm looking forward to racing again. Hopefully I'll fare better, keeping fingers crossed.

Thanks again guys. It's very much appreciated.

Just came across this video, and WOW! I've seen a couple of these cars thru the years at shows or sometimes at the "Flying Mile" we do at the airport each summer, but I can't imagine seeing them all together in one place. Plus the mountains of Switzerland remind me of here in Colorado, especially Ouray.

You may be sick of hearing it, but stay safe friend.

So for 'Nascar Monday', what's the correct ratio of beer to chewing tobacco we need to consume to properly drive a stock car. Also, if we don't have a beer belly, do we need to strap a pillow under our shirt?

As a die hard NASCAR fan I can assure you it's changed since the "good ol southern boy days". Attending a NASCAR event is an all around great time. The scene has changed that's for sure. Beautiful woman and loud race cars that are engineered to sit centimeters off the ground static and pretty much stay the same at 200+ mph. It's an entirely different ballgame race wise and scenery wise nowadays! With that being said, I can't wait for Monday night haha. Let's hope it's dry at Willow Springs Raceway because the Fusions race well there and I think it'll be great fun. In the rain... not so sure how that will turn out... Lol good luck Monday night everyone and hope all of you in FL are staying safe!

As a die hard NASCAR fan I can assure you it's changed since the "good ol southern boy days". Attending a NASCAR event is an all around great time. The scene has changed that's for sure. Beautiful woman and loud race cars that are engineered to sit centimeters off the ground static and pretty much stay the same at 200+ mph. It's an entirely different ballgame race wise and scenery wise nowadays! With that being said, I can't wait for Monday night haha. Let's hope it's dry at Willow Springs Raceway because the Fusions race well there and I think it'll be great fun. In the rain... not so sure how that will turn out... Lol good luck Monday night everyone and hope all of you in FL are staying safe!

Oh sure, I understand that's not really modern NASCAR, but it's an image that will always be associated with the series' history. Perceptions are fun - I have a buddy who races circle-track in New Mexico who refers to formula cars as 'go karts'.

Welcome to the gang Waffle!

Race night, back to the usual schedule.
Everyone is to start with 33 liters or less.
I haven't been able to practice much this past week so I have no idea how tire wear will be, wear will be the usual 2x. There is a very good possibility the weather gods might be slightly angry tonight :D

Active ranking detail after Wk 25.JPG

Last edited:
Well that was a pretty crazy night with lots of action happening around the track! I don't think I've ever made so many mistakes in one night of racing, :banghead: :confused: :D. My apologies for my incorrect fuel calculations before the night started, I'm glad Sgeti questioned my lap count, thanks!

@JoeW Glad to hear Tampa was spared the worse, if you are without power I hope it's not too long.

Last edited:
Back