THE LOBANARO LOUNGE - PCars2 test night Sept 25PS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 812 comments
Congrat's to @RobbiefromBC for last nights domination :bowdown:. Robbie, you are indeed this week's "Mr. Awesome" :cheers:

A shout out to @davidt33 for his much improved evening, keep it up bud :cheers:

Wk26-Sept 11 Results.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah we only got 100 mph winds instead of 130+.

No power since 5pm before the hurricane came through so that's super fun!

But the Honda EU3000 is keeping the fridge going :) Using pool water full of debris and now tadpoles to flush toilet and bathe...so to quote a skit from Monty Python...luxury.

I had a blast last night, how aboot you guys?
Who runs out of gas in the first race??? Yep, this guy, what a Wanker.
Who runs out of gas on the last lap of the night????? Yep, Aero, what an UberWanker.
Who runs out of gas TWICE???? Yep, new guy, AWaffleWiffer, what an UltraUberWanker.
Was GR8 Lakes out to kill me last night in the rain? Not sure but I
paid it forward to X-Rad, I tried to kill him a couple of times. Bear too, who had the best idea of the night......set it up like a Stock Car....... duh, I think we were trying to tune race cars.
Good night Robbie (GTR), did you see me waving at you as you passed me, it was a one fingered wave.
Everyone one else has said it, David, you raced like a champ last night, we had a few good battles and you were holding lines and speed like a veteran.
I'm still laughing at Aero running out of gas.........Definitely called for a loud WA, WA WAAAAAAA..

Just watched the rerun there Mike. What a race. Good going.
Man you were going so well in that first race until you ran out of gas. What a ting. LOL. You could have won that yes.

Oh sure, I understand that's not really modern NASCAR, but it's an image that will always be associated with the series' history. Perceptions are fun - I have a buddy who races circle-track in New Mexico who refers to formula cars as 'go karts'.

Welcome to the gang Waffle!

Your absolutely right. History def points to the redneck beer belly
I had a blast last night, how aboot you guys?
Who runs out of gas in the first race??? Yep, this guy, what a Wanker.
Who runs out of gas on the last lap of the night????? Yep, Aero, what an UberWanker.
Who runs out of gas TWICE???? Yep, new guy, AWaffleWiffer, what an UltraUberWanker.
Was GR8 Lakes out to kill me last night in the rain? Not sure but I
paid it forward to X-Rad, I tried to kill him a couple of times. Bear too, who had the best idea of the night......set it up like a Stock Car....... duh, I think we were trying to tune race cars.
Good night Robbie (GTR), did you see me waving at you as you passed me, it was a one fingered wave.
Everyone one else has said it, David, you raced like a champ last night, we had a few good battles and you were holding lines and speed like a veteran.
I'm still laughing at Aero running out of gas.........Definitely called for a loud WA, WA WAAAAAAA..

LOL. I've been so disappointed since.... Haha my favorite car to race out of them all as well! Was (going to be) in prime position with fresh tires to possibly up my average finish but hey, I still enjoyed it even though we couldn't see in race #2...

NOTICE

This week will be another no vote for a car.
Monday Sept 18th, we will be running the three Group A cars.

Race 1 we all race the BMW M3 E30

Race 2 we all race the Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth

Race 3 we all race the Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution2 DTM

All at the same track. There are now 5 tracks left that we have not raced at, (we don't include Laguna Seca), we will be at one of those. :D

NOTICE

This week will be another no vote for a car.
Monday Sept 18th, we will be running the three Group A cars.

Race 1 we all race the BMW M3 E30

Race 2 we all race the Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth

Race 3 we all race the Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution2 DTM

All at the same track. There are now 5 tracks left that we have not raced at, (we don't include Laguna Seca), we will be at one of those. :D

Sooooo.....for the latecomers, which are those 5 tracks you have not raced at? Throw a guy a bone nah.
*Unashamed begging*

Some good news. Guess what? Today I pre-ordered Pcars 2 Deluxe Edition from the Playstation store.
Just waiting for release date now and I good to go.
Was a bit pricey IMO at US$89.99 but in the end I say might as well go the whole hog yes. A man must have a little vice.

No tuning??? For one guy??? You would think a hurricane just went through there. We are bitter old basturds....remember? A little wind and rain and you want a tuning change? Sorry bro....all tounge in cheeek, but the answer is still no. Wouldn't be fair for all the other guys except Bear, whose Oriental pit crew are confused enough. Just grab a base tune from the eu. site and a few quick tweaks during warm up and BOBs your uncle. Lol. These cars need a tune, bring your controller to the crapper and do it during your daily dump. Depending on what you ate the night before, you might find the time.

Seriously, it was a tragic storm, but it could have been worse. Key West looks bad and the Caribbean looks like it's been nuked. Thoughts and prayers for everyone who experienced this.

I'll give ya a hint, Report#3.

OK, So I saw the date, 9/11 of the last race and my first thought was a New York track, Watkins Glenn. sounds good? Nope we raced that track.

So I am assuming you want us to write down every track we raced and from there determine which tracks we have not raced. To much effort, just surprise me.

With that being said, Snetterton gets my vote.

Just as long as we don't race in the 🤬 rain. These old bones of mine have issues when they are cold and wet.

OK, So I saw the date, 9/11 of the last race and my first thought was a New York track, Watkins Glenn. sounds good? Nope we raced that track.

So I am assuming you want us to write down every track we raced and from there determine which tracks we have not raced. To much effort, just surprise me.

Just as long as we don't race in the 🤬 rain. These old bones of mine have issues when they are cold and wet.
I think we should run in the rain every night from now on... ;)

Yup, going through that list will give you the five tracks!
We can guarantee there will be no rain this week. Just wait until PCars 2 when there will be snow available, lol!

I'd even go as far to suggest one rain race and one night race if it wouldn't make things too 'predictable'.
Sorry GT, night racing is for the young folks who can see past their headlights, we only raced Monaco at night cause the whole course was lit.

Who is not getting PCars2 right away? We would like to transition as soon as possible. I was thinking of the first Monday after release just having a familiarization night to test together how the new interface will,work for our purposes. I just tried to suggest this to Aerotyke, but the Homey is drunk. Tough life sitting on a boat all day drinking while that airplane sitting in his shed,(sorry, shop),is just begging to be finished.

Who's up for some fun tonight?

I'd even go as far to suggest one rain race and one night race if it wouldn't make things too 'predictable'.
As long as it isn't that New Zealand track,...no trees...walls...I got lost in the field...
I don't think bears have good nite vision.

Sorry GT, night racing is for the young folks who can see past their headlights, we only raced Monaco at night cause the whole course was lit.

Who is not getting PCars2 right away? We would like to transition as soon as possible. I was thinking of the first Monday after release just having a familiarization night to test together how the new interface will,work for our purposes. I just tried to suggest this to Aerotyke, but the Homey is drunk. Tough life sitting on a boat all day drinking while that airplane sitting in his shed,(sorry, shop),is just begging to be finished.

I figured out how to pre order p2 all by my own self... I got the premium package..

Homeboy lives on a boat? Niccceee..
I'd be up for some practice tonight, but it wont be until about 4 am EST...

I have an idea.... our fist night with Project Cars 2 must be the same combo and conditions as our last night with Project Cars 1 - in that way we will have a perfect opportunity to assess the differences... Choose well....

This is a great idea. 👍

IMG_1229.JPG
Made it to my favourite track in the lovely U S of eh... going to be nice tomorrow and rain on Sunday! Just sitting around waiting for my car to arrive... Driving up the road to the track and seeing the cars disappear and reappear over all the hills and valleys really gets you fired up!

View attachment 672851 Made it to my favourite track in the lovely U S of eh... going to be nice tomorrow and rain on Sunday! Just sitting around waiting for my car to arrive... Driving up the road to the track and seeing the cars disappear and reappear over all the hills and valleys really gets you fired up!
That's a pretty cool looking track Robbie, must be a blast with all that elevation. I watched a couple of youtube vids. Never heard of this place before.
Have a fun weekend, we already know you like the rain!

I wish so much I could be with you guys on Monday coming but I doubt I would be able to. I've been working all week on a very intense project with very tight deadlines, one of which the deadline was for today, others due for next Wednesday...both of which include a multitude of advertising material for multiple countries so you could imagine. All week I've been stressed out. Have to go to work tomorrow Saturday too to try and further stuff hopefully to help lighten the load. If I could by some miracle manage to reach home in time on Monday night I hope to join y'all but if you don't see me know that I am tied up. I'll be so glad when this assignment is over. I've been smoking so much more because of the stress.

Back