THE LOBANARO LOUNGE - PCars2 test night Sept 25PS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 812 comments
All you suckers are tied up in knots, and I'm just chillin' with a few beers until Game Stop opens at 9:30am tomorrow. The early bird might get the worm, but the smart bird gets the beer!
Of course I'll probably get called into work and won't make it to the store until Saturday...
Very excited actually! :cheers:

Left it downloading last night. Got up this morning at around 5:00am (maybe anticipation woke me up I dunno) and saw it had completed downloading and install. Ha GTLehman.
Just took a general browse-through to familiarise a bit with the menus, options and stuff. Nothing too in-depth, just wanted to get a little heads up on what the screen, menus, options and stuff looked like and configured one or two options.
Didn't want to go into choosing favourite controller and settings as yet because I was just browsing through with the PS4 DS controller. When I connect the wheel later this evening with more time to spare I'll go through with the wheel and whatever settings.

I popped into shop before going to gym this morning and didn't see anything. Thought it would DL auto last night while PS4 in sleep mode? Was asking to DL Japanese Pack. Started that before I left. Not sure what I will see when I get home?

Edit: got home to Japanese pack dl'd but main game is now dl'ing. It's going to take until the end of the afternoon I'm sure. Kinda wishing I'd just ordered hard copy, likely would have been delivered by now!

Last edited:
First impressions.... If you think PCars1 was difficult to drive initially.... you are in for a surprise.....

I did two "control tests" on Wednesday with PCars 1
1. BMW 320 TC at SPA - did a 2:37 after 6 laps with 2:36 potential if I look at split times
2. McLaren P1 at Dubai

I took the BMW in PCars 2 to SPA and after 1.5 hrs I still can't get a lap in without spinning out. Needles to say, I have not posted a time yet to compare. (I see the "world record" is a 1:25.....)

I didn't try the P1 yet.

At long beach I managed a 1:23.5 with the mclaren in partial cloudy conditions, which I thought could be a decent time.... until I put it in blizzard conditions on Jan 1, 2018 with AI at "Pro".... they were doing 1:21's and I could not put 100% throttle on the straight without spinning out even though I had all the realistc driving aids on...

A Major disappointment is that you can't assign buttons to a keyboard. That limits the options of what you can do on your steering wheel

@Rednose58

Did you use the loose setup or the conservative one?

I had same issue with a car, then I checked my tires. I was on racing hards. Changed to softs and the car easier to drive, but still a handful.

I only saw one setup.

Tyres were auto by weather, but I didn't look if it was soft or hard. But, it shouldn't be problematic to that extend. The two problem corners were No 5 (Les Combes) where I spun out about 50% of the time and and No 12 (Pouhon) where I spun out about 90% of the time (massive over steer just as I am mid corner. I lowered the rear swaybar to 0 Nm and stiffined the front. Slight improvement, but just as I think I made it - bang!, around comes the tail.

For the rest - it has a real good feel, the tire lockup is a more realistic feeling with a screeching sound and smoke in the rear mirror.

I'm not unhappy with the game - it just looks like there will be cars that'll require more tuning than others before you will get full enjoyment.

I can't comment on the PS4 version, but from what I've hea d every car has a couple different "stock" settings.

Announcement

We will be moving this thread to a new one in the Project Cars 2 forum. I will likely do this in the morning but will let you all know when it is done.

The bigger news is that Mike and I have been talking with the SNAIL BOD's, and have decided that our series will now fall under the SNAIL umbrella, as they want to expand into the PCars world along with GTS. We are pleased to be associated with SNAIL as that is our original online "home", where we have made so many great friends, a lot of who race with us here. It will help with the promoting of our league and hopefully the longevity of it in the future. Nothing in how we run this series will change, you will just see the SNAIL name in the title and a link to SNAIL in our OP when they change over to GTS.

Just thought I would let you guys know here first so you wouldn't be wondering when you went to the new thread. Looking forward to many more weeks of fun in PCars2.

Now it's off to my man cave where PC2 has been DLing for the last 12 hrs and is finally ready to try, woohoo!

I'm unable to change controller settings so I can use my wheel... Also unable to change the quick play car and track. Is there some sort of tutorial I have to do?

I'm unable to change controller settings so I can use my wheel... Also unable to change the quick play car and track. Is there some sort of tutorial I have to do?
I bought the disc and it had to download/install for an hour before I had full cars available. As for the wheel, reboot the system if you haven't already. I

:( Full blown bronchitis now. Can't walk from the couch to the bathroom without nearly coughing up a lung. Loaded PCars 2, but I'm just too wheezy and exhausted to try it out. Let me know what you guys think. I read we can't do button mapping? That's a bummer. And no Apps like Dash or Crew Chief. Also a bummer. Hopefully we'll get that stuff in an update soon. But, I'd love to lay here in bed with my tablet and read your guys first impressions. I'll probably be out of commission for a coupe more days. :crazy: :indiff: :guilty:

Last edited:
Hope you get better soon man.

Yeah, I read/heard the same thing about button mapping on console. I don't understand why they'd skimp out there. I think there are lots of folks with bluetooth keyboard that utilize that stuff. Heck, I had one that clipped onto my controller. That was great for minor changes like seating, brake bias, sway bar etc.. fortunately not a problem on PC coughmasterracecough.... :)

Hope you get better soon man.

Yeah, I read/heard the same thing about button mapping on console. I don't understand why they'd skimp out there. I think there are lots of folks with bluetooth keyboard that utilize that stuff. Heck, I had one that clipped onto my controller. That was great for minor changes like seating, brake bias, sway bar etc.. fortunately not a problem on PC coughmasterracecough.... :)
Yeah yeah... Where's that $2800 I had laying around for a nice gaming PC? :lol:

Well after a night of racing with the usual crew I can say I am pretty impressed with the game. The feel of the G29 is way better and the cars drive really good. There are some room glitches but they are minor and hopefully a patch will sort it out. Awesome to have some old tracks back and new ones added. COTA was great! Big improvement in the menus, but willl take time to get used too!

You can map your buttons, but only on the wheel/controller. Nothing for a keyboard that I know of.

Hope your feeling better soon Jeff.

Well after a night of racing with the usual crew I can say I am pretty impressed with the game. The feel of the G29 is way better and the cars drive really good. There are some room glitches but they are minor and hopefully a patch will sort it out. Awesome to have some old tracks back and new ones added. COTA was great! Big improvement in the menus, but willl take time to get used too!

You can map your buttons, but only on the wheel/controller. Nothing for a keyboard that I know of.

Hope your feeling better soon Jeff.

I haven't even gotten a chance to check it out properly yet as I've been tied up with work. Have to go to work today Saturday too to try and further some stuff and hopefully finish the monster project I've been working on for the last 2 weeks or so. Good to know the G29 wheel is working nicely with it.

@aerolite which FFB option did you choose for the wheel? Realistic, Immersive or whatever?

I haven't even gotten a chance to check it out properly yet as I've been tied up with work. Have to go to work today Saturday too to try and further some stuff and hopefully finish the monster project I've been working on for the last 2 weeks or so. Good to know the G29 wheel is working nicely with it.

@aerolite which FFB option did you choose for the wheel? Realistic, Immersive or whatever?
To be honest David, pretty much fired up the game and hopped in the room with the guys. All I did was calibrate the wheel and pedals. Haven't even played with any of the FFB settings so whatever default is was what i used and it was pretty good. Ran all the cars stock as well. The only thing that bothered me right away was the brightness of the game, there is a setting in Visuals where I was able to turn the it down and it was much better. Can't remember the name though.
I'm still not sure about the graphics, in some ways I find PC1 is better but I did notice some more detail in other areas.
A big improvement is you can now access all the menus while in a lobby, very handy.
And the elevation changes are sooooo much better! You really see and feel them!
Can't wait to get back on!

Last edited:
@aerolite I agree about the graphics. One review metioned something similar. Parts of it shine brilliantly, while sometimes things just don't look as good as they should. Also, I haven't messed with my graphics settings at all, so maybe I can improve it some.

I started off with immersive, then went with Raw. It's great they they have descriptions, detailed descriptions, of each and every setting. I used a Lotus 49 as my base and Raw made it very heavy in the steering. So I dialed that out using the subsettings like flavour, making one change at a time. After about 10.min I was happy with how things felt, and those settings felt really good in each car I drove yesterday.
One car I drove last night on my own was the BMW M1. In PCars it always felt heavy and cumbersome, last night it felt really great in PCars 2. All the cars I've driven so far feel great, I'm also very happy with the new sim and Long Beach and COTA especially are just a dream come true.
You'll love it David, hope you get stuff wrapped up soon - looking forward to seeing you on the track.
McLaren GTR + Long Beach + snow = whoooooo!

First impressions.... If you think PCars1 was difficult to drive initially.... you are in for a surprise.....

I did two "control tests" on Wednesday with PCars 1
1. BMW 320 TC at SPA - did a 2:37 after 6 laps with 2:36 potential if I look at split times
2. McLaren P1 at Dubai

I took the BMW in PCars 2 to SPA and after 1.5 hrs I still can't get a lap in without spinning out. Needles to say, I have not posted a time yet to compare. (I see the "world record" is a 1:25.....)

I didn't try the P1 yet.

At long beach I managed a 1:23.5 with the mclaren in partial cloudy conditions, which I thought could be a decent time.... until I put it in blizzard conditions on Jan 1, 2018 with AI at "Pro".... they were doing 1:21's and I could not put 100% throttle on the straight without spinning out even though I had all the realistc driving aids on...

A Major disappointment is that you can't assign buttons to a keyboard. That limits the options of what you can do on your steering wheel

I watched this video and made some adjustments on the BMW. Now she's almost too mild, but I managed to get into the the 2:36's - a few laps in a row. I set caster to maximum, adjusted camber to 3 deg and made front toe -0.1 and rear +0.5.

There is a hint of under steer into the corner, but once she starts to turn she's not far from going into over steer.

I just could not move on to the next thing until I got this one (semi) solved... :lol:

:( Full blown bronchitis now. Can't walk from the couch to the bathroom without nearly coughing up a lung. Loaded PCars 2, but I'm just too wheezy and exhausted to try it out. Let me know what you guys think. I read we can't do button mapping? That's a bummer. And no Apps like Dash or Crew Chief. Also a bummer. Hopefully we'll get that stuff in an update soon. But, I'd love to lay here in bed with my tablet and read your guys first impressions. I'll probably be out of commission for a coupe more days. :crazy: :indiff: :guilty:
Get well soon. .. I managed a few races on Sunday, shoulder not 100% yet but... that 69 camaro handles just like the one I used to have.!! It's awesome!

Back