THE LOBANARO LOUNGE - PCars2 test night Sept 25PS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 812 comments
Guys, I would like to thank all who turned up last night for our final race in PCars1, and to all who have raced with, and supported us, over the last 27 weeks, it's been a lot of fun. And a big thanks to my co-big cheese, Mike Slobban, for coming up with some great combo idea's and hosting the Lounge each week.
With PCars2 arriving Friday, we will be running a test night next Monday to see how it goes, and after that we will decide on the starting date for the series. We will also be starting a new thread for the Lounge under the Project Cars 2 > PCARS Clubs & Leagues. I will let you know here when that happens.
Thanks again to everyone, you have all made this series what it is and I look forward to it's continued success on PCars2.
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Last edited:
Our last night was a good one with lots of great racing. I was rooting for Mphile to get all three wins from the back, but his car's performance let him down in race 3. Regardless, he kept up his pace to take the overall win.

So congrats to @mphile77 , this weeks final PCars1 Lobanaro Lounge "Mr. Awesome" ! :cheers:

Wk27-Sept 18 Results.JPG

Last edited:
Our last night was a good one with lots of great racing. I was rooting for Mphile to get all three wins from the back, but his car's performance let him down in race 3. Regardless, he kept up his pace to take the overall win.

So congrats to @mphile77 , this weeks final PCars1 Lobanaro Lounge "Mr. Awesome" ! :cheers:

View attachment 673713
Yahhhhh 👍, race 3 performance though =:banghead: the darn car just had no powa?

Last edited:
Guy's, if you're interested, this is happening over at SRM tonight, lot's of fun to be had.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ght-9-19-stay-tuned-for-pcars2-action.335309/

SRM Presents
Knockout Night "Round 2" Sept 19TH
img_1859-jpg.666572

We will drive the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME, all night longggggg!

img_2048-jpg.672010

-The Rules-
the only cars allowed to be knocked out of the races are the top 3, so basically if your in a podium position you can be taken out at any time!, from 4th on back you guys must respect each other the best you can, but anyone of you can take out the leaders at any time by cutting the track if necessary :D.Top 3 spot must drive the correct course at all times, so if your in a podium position no track cutting! Now here comes the crazy part, once you enter the last lap of the race it becomes a full on wreck fest, anything goes, anyone can go, haha! this night will be scored and a winner will be crowned so i need everyone to please finish these races!!! We are doing this because the last knockout event was a big hit, so you asked and we delivered! I want everyone to keep an open mind this night and just have fun and blow off some steam, this is what its designed for, so enjoy and don't get all bent when you get wrecked!

-Weather and Regs-
We will keep the time of day, tracks, and weather changing all night! I won't have anything planned at all, we will just roll with the punches as they come. The racing will start at 8:30pm est and last untill 10:30pm est. So we will get as many races in as we can in this time frame. The races will all be small 3 to 10 lappers depending on where we race? Tire wear, fuel on normal, damage on visible only, no penalties, no pit stops.
Thanks for plug!

@Awaffle14 , @mphile77 , and @coltsjugg: In race two, but I'm not sure who caught the worst of it. @SGETI called nice and loud, " @Gr8_Lakes , On your right." He never mentioned that he was bringing a train of cars with him... Sneaky devil. :mischievous:

About (01:19.25) on the stream from a couple posts up, shows what happened from my view. (Additional views below) Looks like I gave @SGETI the requested room; Then I saw @mphile77 was hot on his tail, so I darted back to the right to give him room also. Then I tried to tuck back in behind @mphile77 to set up for the hairpin. Seems @Awaffle14 was hoping for the same courtesy I'd granted the previous two fellas. Problem was, I had less than a two second lead on @davidt33 , and I just didn't want him to follow the train around me. Sorry @mphile77 and @Awaffle14 , you caught the brunt of my quick judgement call. Sorry again.

Here's some more replay views. (I'm trying new stuff with the computer and PS4 tonight. I'm feeling kinda loopy from the cold medicine, so what the heck. :boggled::P:lol:)

We're supposed to learn from our mistakes. What an education tonight! :lol:

That was me that knocked you into Mphile... looks like I probably could of done better with that. Should of slammed ya harder into Mphile!

For as much as I was looking forward to Group A Cars for the final night of ProjectCars, I had a lousy night. I think it's because I'm coming down with a cold. Yeah, yeah, excuses - excuses. Still, I had a fun night. I told Steve I don't know what happened to our average Joe, leisure league. This league is getting downright FAST!!! Not to mention, one mistake and you've lost the lead pack for the rest of the race. This is not a bad thing, especially when racing with ULTRA-CLEAN racers. Fast guys push the slower ones to get faster, and slower guys help faster guys work on getting through traffic. When we all play nice, it works out great. Thanks to all you guys for making Monday nights so fun.

Special note: Apologies to those that were negatively affected my my mistakes tonight:

smcinnis/@sgohsixthree and @GTLehman: In race one, for the dive bomb in turn 8. (@Rednose58 had the same color car as smcinnis/@sgohsixthree , so I originally thought it was @Rednose58 that caught hell). This one you can see brewing from about 0:06.00 on my stream. smcinnis/@sgohsixthree and @GTLehman are battling with each other in front of me, and @Awaffle14 is pressuring me from behind.:scared: I got impatient, put myself in an unrecoverable position going into the last turn, and paid the price. :ouch:Sent to the back of the pack looking like a dip-schitt for dive bombing. :banghead: Key word here: IMPATIENT. Again, many apologies.

@Awaffle14 , @mphile77 , and @coltsjugg: In race two, but I'm not sure who caught the worst of it. @SGETI called nice and loud, " @Gr8_Lakes , On your right." He never mentioned that he was bringing a train of cars with him... Sneaky devil. :mischievous:

About (01:19.25) on the stream from a couple posts up, shows what happened from my view. (Additional views below) Looks like I gave @SGETI the requested room; Then I saw @mphile77 was hot on his tail, so I darted back to the right to give him room also. Then I tried to tuck back in behind @mphile77 to set up for the hairpin. Seems @Awaffle14 was hoping for the same courtesy I'd granted the previous two fellas. Problem was, I had less than a two second lead on @davidt33 , and I just didn't want him to follow the train around me. Sorry @mphile77 and @Awaffle14 , you caught the brunt of my quick judgement call. Sorry again.

Here's some more replay views. (I'm trying new stuff with the computer and PS4 tonight. I'm feeling kinda loopy from the cold medicine, so what the heck. :boggled::P:lol:)

We're supposed to learn from our mistakes. What an education tonight! :lol:

Ahhh the much hated snetterton. Well now I feel a bit better about missing out. I actually liked the version on gt legends. But this one has those 2 sausage infected hairpin Esses.

Ahhh the much hated snetterton. Well now I feel a bit better about missing out. I actually liked the version on gt legends. But this one has those 2 sausage infected hairpin Esses.

You missed a lot of fun racing though. My take on tracks/cars I don't like is that everybody is in the same boat as far as the difficulties are concerned.

Those sausages are a problem for everybody, but eventually you find ways around them that may be less slower than when you started.

So, it doesn't matter what those two crazy guys throw at us..... all we have to do is to figure it out and drive with it... that's what makes this group what it is.

Nice thing about mountain time is that we get PCars 2 on Thursday night at 10 pm (West Coast gets it at 9 pm). Since I'm retired.... there won't be much sleeping on Thursday night......:sly:

2 days 10 hours 25 minutes 28 seconds

Anyone racing tonight? I'll be on around 8pmET. Invite me and I'll show you a SmokeShow hahaha. Last night's racing was great, the last race was amazing and my Monday's in general have been made into a day I look forward to since joining this league. Thanks again to @Gr8_Lakes for pointing me to this website and @aerolite @Mike Lobban for accepting me into the league. Great stuff. ProjectCars2 should be outstanding, hopefully I'll be in here for the long haul!

Anyone racing tonight? I'll be on around 8pmET. Invite me and I'll show you a SmokeShow hahaha. Last night's racing was great, the last race was amazing and my Monday's in general have been made into a day I look forward to since joining this league. Thanks again to @Gr8_Lakes for pointing me to this website and @aerolite @Mike Lobban for accepting me into the league. Great stuff. ProjectCars2 should be outstanding, hopefully I'll be in here for the long haul!

Check the second last post on the previous page.

@Awaffle14 You're more than welcome to join us tonight. Keep in mind, tonight will be pure mayhem, not your typical racing. Just something we do every now and then.

Watched the replay of a couple Knockout Races from the SRM stream. Looked like a blast. As I suspected, I'm now fighting a full on upper respiratory infection, so I was in no condition to play along last night. But, with my health cooperating, I won't miss the next one. Hopefully the Dr. prescribed meds. have me feeling better by Friday. I'd hate to feel crappy when the game I've been waiting months for gets delivered. I'll be looking for you fellas this weekend.

i was hoping it would let you start downloading it before midnight, not sure if it will, but whoop whoop not long now

I thought I saw a message when I pre-ordered that it would allow you to download a day or two before. Guess I was wrong. The countdown timer is indicating time remaining about today 21st midnight. So much for that bright thought.

I thought I saw a message when I pre-ordered that it would allow you to download a day or two before. Guess I was wrong. The countdown timer is indicating time remaining about today 21st midnight. So much for that bright thought.
Yeah thats what i saw before too. And also yes the countdown to midnight timer is all i see too... im going to keep checking in on it just incase it randomly allows a pre download.

If anyones staying up because they have no life like me, ill be on around 1 or whenever it downloads i guess

For you fellas who bought it on the North American PSN store, the download is FINALLY live. :gtpflag:

Last edited:
For you fellas who bought it on the North American PSB store, the download is FINALLY live. :gtpflag:

Thanks for the heads up. After I saw your comment I went to check and initiated the downloading process.
Theme installed. Application (13.468 GB) downloading. And then the remainder of the 52 GB or so total should continue to download following Application download.

Back