[The McLaren Thread]-Welcoming The Name And The F1 To Gran Turismo!

SrRd RacinG

(Banned)
SrRd-RacinG
-In Gran Turismo 4, so many years ago, we saw this gem, the BMW McLaren FINA F1 GTR:

mclarenf1gtr_2.png

However, it was acquired through BMW.
But like fine wine, Gran Turismo matures with age. And now McLaren will represent itself, alone, in Gran Turismo 5.

-On January 7th, during the 2010 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, we have finally seen, for the first time in a Gran Turismo title, the racing beast, the McLaren F1 road car, and not through BMW.

VIDEOS OF McLaren F1:

gp_005wa.jpg
(5/12/2010)

And lastly, will Gran Turismo 5 sport the new 2011 McLaren MP4-12C(seen below)?

2011-McLaren-MP4-12C-car-walls.jpg

mp4-12c-rear-19444.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited:
kazllelujah!

Watch them hold onto the Porsche secret for the last minute, not to get hopes up, but we've only been pleasantly surprised so far ;)

kazllelujah!

Watch them hold onto the Porsche secret for the last minute, not to get hopes up, but we've only been pleasantly surprised so far ;)

Honestly, this close to release I don't think Porsche is going to show up. Still, I find it odd that not even RUF has been shown . . .

I wouldn't hold out for Porsche, but enough about them.

MCLAREN ARE IN THE GAME! This is fantastic news. I know have major respect for Mclaren and Polyphony, Not that I didn't before.

Mclaren: :cheers:

Polyphony digital: :cheers:

You've got to think when the F1 can go to 240mph and the Bugatti can go to 253mph, the Mclaren has absolutley nothing tech-wise whereas the Bugatti is technology orientated. Also the Mclaren has a V12 6.1L engine whereas the Bugatti has a W16 8.0L engine with 4 turbo-chargers. And also seen on Top gear the Mclaren is quicker from a stand-still. My god I hope PD get that right.

Last edited:
You're crazy.

The McLaren F1 is arguably the greatest supercar/sportscar ever made.

This is my opinion on super cars:

If someone gave me one of these in real life for free, I'd drive it around and enjoy it for a couple weeks, then sell it and by a handful of cars I really want. :sly:

This is my opinion on super cars:

If someone gave me one of these in real life for free, I'd drive it around and enjoy it for a couple weeks, then sell it and by a handful of cars I really want. :sly:

I will agree with you on that point for every other supercar (Veyron, F40, Zonda, Reventon, etc. etc.) ever made except for the McLaren F1. I know that supercars usually are just status symbols for the ultra-wealthy and unfortunately most are designed to mostly fulfill that role (Veyron being a good example).

But the history and the purpose and the intent behind the McLaren F1 is designed purely as the purest and most awesome driver's car. It wasn't designed to have the fastest top speed (unlike the Veyron), it wasn't designed to simply have insane horsepower, and it wasn't just a racecar with some road-legal lights and rubber. Of course it is only accessible to the super-rich just like all the other supercars, but I think the F1 stands head and shoulders above the rest in terms of its design and what it stood for.

but of course to each his own.

Last edited:
kazllelujah!

Don't count on it, it's been stated by both Kaz and Porsche that they will not be in GT5 and the reasons why.

Ferrari in GT5P had the F2007, I wonder if there will be the equivalent Mclaren F1 car, Hamiltons first GP car..

No, it's already covered in at least 3 others.

I dont bitch about it i asked, because i find it a bit extreme to make a thread just for this.

The general news thread and the official carlist thread.

In my book "Extreme" is cutting off your own Bo**ocks because your country got beat in a rugby match, making a thread about a car is not "Extreme"

With all due respect that is what the news and discussion thread is for, as is the car list one. But at least you put some effort into the OP.

Um... have I missed something here? Where does it say the F1 road car will be in GT5?

You most certainly have. :lol:

Check the news page and watch the video - 2 minutes, 26 seconds in.

Back