[The McLaren Thread]-Welcoming The Name And The F1 To Gran Turismo!

For gods sake guys, if you don't agree with a thread report it and let the mods decide. Whatever you do decide to do, do not degrade the thread into a petty argument over if you think it worth it or not. To a lot of members the confirmation fo the McLaren is big news, leave it at that or report the thread. If the thread isn't deemed worthy of being here, the mods will sort it out. Afterall, their the ones with the ability to do something about it.

I never understood that one.

It was featured on the boxart, but it wasn't in the game.

What's up with the agruing (lol?) This thread is dedicated to McLaren. Just as there are Porsche and Lamborghini threads, I thought it might be nice to make one solely about McLaren and its cars.

I mean, it IS big news. Just as Lamborghini/Bugatti was confirmed.

Last edited:
this is a God send, this just proves how much better Gran Turismo 5 is going to be compared to Forza 3, i can just imagine being in an F1 online racing against the modern super cars and humbling their drivers, that deserves a :cheers:

this is a God send, this just proves how much better Gran Turismo 5 is going to be compared to Forza 3, i can just imagine being in an F1 online racing against the modern super cars and humbling their drivers, that deserves a :cheers:

True. I look forward to challening nearly every car against the F1.

But I also hope your username, the LP 670-4 SV makes it too. I am sure it will as the lesser known and less menacing Gallardo 550-2 has made its way into the game.👍

What's up with the agruing (lol?) This thread is dedicated to McLaren. Just as there are Porsche and Lamborghini threads, I thought it might be nice to make one solely about McLaren and its cars.

I mean, it IS big news. Just as Lamborghini/Bugatti was confirmed.
Much greater news than Lambos and Bugattis being included! :sly:

Nah, they're all just as great news I guess. Seriously, what's the Forza fanboys gonna pick on about GT5 now? Seriously!?

Having the F1 makes it better? Last I checked McLaren was in Forza. One car will not make this game better.

Having the F1 makes it better? Last I checked McLaren was in Forza. One car will not make this game better.
It wont? Depends on the car in question I guess, and I'd say the McLaren F1 is THE most legendary super car of all times. That's my opinion however.

Any small addition to a game makes it a tiny bit better, don't you think?

Having the F1 is a must. Every racing game depicting real cars should have it. But, GT5 would still survive without it. However, because it's in, this propels GT5's desire to be the encyclopedia of cars and will make for some really fun matches and mismatches.:dopey:

Just have to say, it's bloody amazing how PD went from having none of the biggest super car manufacturers, to suddenly having four of them. 👍

Just have to say, it's bloody amazing how PD went from having none of the biggest super car manufacturers, to suddenly having four of them. 👍

Exactly.

McLaren

Ferrari

Bugatti

Lamborghini

All I'd like to see now is Maserati, Porsche and Koenigsegg.

Much greater news than Lambos and Bugattis being included! :sly:

Nah, they're all just as great news I guess. Seriously, what's the Forza fanboys gonna pick on about GT5 now? Seriously!?

They still got Porsche

That will change at some point though. I wonder how much porsche wants for their license. Odd PD has enough money to get Super GT,K NASCAR, WRC and IRL licenses but no Porsche license

As for the McLaren F1 - Finally. This car is legendary and no car encyclpedia racing game is complete without it. I cant wait to reenact NFS style racing battles but with simulation physics. McLaren F1 vs F430 vs F50 vs Veyron vs Lambos vs McLaren SLRs etc etc its going to be crazy

I only hope PD allows us to customize the race grid.

Earth, the reason Porsche arn't in GT5 is beacuse of EA, EA are in a suchy position with Porsche and they hav an exclusive license and permission from Porsche to sub-let that license to other companies at their own discretion. EA are the reason Porsche arn't in GT5.

It wont? Depends on the car in question I guess, and I'd say the McLaren F1 is THE most legendary super car of all times. That's my opinion however.

Any small addition to a game makes it a tiny bit better, don't you think?
That's still besides the point really. Having the McLaren F1 is great, but it's not a fact that puts GT5 above Forza in anyway since the F1 is already in Forza.

Ohohh, calm down, we're not talking of a car, it's a legend, the fastest ever road going car! You can say Veyron is faster in a straight line, ok, but in a normal track, there's no road going car that can match F1.

The only big absence ( among with porsche) will be koenigsegg.

Call me crazy, but this doesn't really excite me that much.

Same for me...

If it was this one (1977 McLaren F1) I would be excited...
0023627.jpg

Earth, the reason Porsche arn't in GT5 is beacuse of EA, EA are in a suchy position with Porsche and they hav an exclusive license and permission from Porsche to sub-let that license to other companies at their own discretion. EA are the reason Porsche arn't in GT5.

That's still besides the point really. Having the McLaren F1 is great, but it's not a fact that puts GT5 above Forza in anyway since the F1 is already in Forza.
Didn't realise it was "better than Forza", only better than what it is already. That's why I got so confused. Because if you have a game with 10 cars, then add one, it obviously become a rather bit better.

-> I'm glad that my dream car in my high school years is in GT5 now.

F1 (production-spec) '95
car_photo_309052_7.jpg

-> Now the front-runner F1 (road version, base model) is confirmed in a sneaky way, other McLaren (road car) greats will follow suit:

M6 GT '69
1969_mclaren_m6_gt.jpg

XP5 prototype '94 (love those cool fog lights!)
mclaren1.jpg

F1 LM '95
mclaren_f1_lm.jpg

F1 GT '97
mclaren_f1_gt.jpg

MP4-12C '10
2011-McLaren-MP4-12C-front-three-quarters-view-static.jpg

(Got it from the Vehicle Wish List) :sly:

Last edited:
Didn't realise it was "better than Forza", only better than what it is already. That's why I got so confused. Because if you have a game with 10 cars, then add one, it obviously become a rather bit better.
If you read the orignial post you quoted, he was quoting LP670-4 SV who pretty much said that because the McLaren is in GT5 that it's beter than Forza without realising the McLaren was already in Forza. LP670-4 SV has since closed the matter. I think you may have missed the context of the comments you are replying to ;).

If you read the orignial post you quoted, he was quoting LP670-4 SV who pretty much said that because the McLaren is in GT5 that it's beter than Forza without realising the McLaren was already in Forza. LP670-4 SV has since closed the matter. I think you may have missed the context of the comments you are replying to ;).
Haha yeah, didn't read properly. :lol:

Fact is, Forza doesn't have the McLaren F1 road car (spotted in the GT5 demo) or the F1 LM. GT4 already had the F1 GTR, and the F1 GT that Forza 3 also has is nothing special. I mean, it would be cool to have but it doesn't even compare to the road car or F1 LM.

Exactly.

McLaren

Ferrari

Bugatti

Lamborghini

All I'd like to see now is Maserati, Porsche and Koenigsegg.
Although it's a given, I do think the Pagani name is in dire needs of being updated within the GT Series.

The C12 & C12S are lovely, but it's about time the F got its namesake. Actually, that goes for any game that has had a Zonda besides NFS....

Back