The Metal ThreadMusic 

Jimmy Enslashay
gtavcfan - I finally got around to listening to some Brujeria today. They're ultra racist against Whites, especially America. Lol. I don't like them though, the main singer annoys me, too corny. Although you must laugh at the translations of their lyrics.

http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/brujeria/matandogueros.html#5

Scroll down to the English translation.

I know, I don't listen to them very often because of the content, since I speak Spanish (so does my family). Besides Brujeria, the other Non-English Metal I listen to is Rammstein (German), and Ásmegin (Icelandic-Norwegian)

I don't like Rammstein personally, they are too techno-ish. But as I've said before, I love the show they put on. What sort of metal is Ásmegin? I'll have to give them a listen.

Jimmy Enslashay
I don't like Rammstein personally, they are too techno-ish. But as I've said before, I love the show they put on. What sort of metal is Ásmegin? I'll have to give them a listen.

Basically Ásmegin plays Nordic Folk Music but with metal music, the only good song I've heard (and liked) is called "Af Helvegum".

I know they're Industrial, lol, I'm kind of stating the obvious but I'm making a point about my taste at the same time. :lol:

Soilwork....I'm shuddering "as we speak" (pun intended!). They have the potential to be a quality band, but the singer and the fact that all of their songs consist of non-stop soloing, really ticks me off. But I can tolerate them I guess.

Jimmy Enslashay
Soilwork....I'm shuddering "as we speak" (pun intended!). They have the potential to be a quality band, but the singer and the fact that all of their songs consist of non-stop soloing, really ticks me off. But I can tolerate them I guess.
Soloing?

Damn 10 character rule.

All through their songs, the guitars are continuously solo-ing (i can't think of the damn word, I haven't used it in ages, but I know what I mean), I can't explain it without using the word. It'll come to me soon. Sorry, these holidays have put me into no-thinking mode and I can't think of anything I want to say.

Anyway, the point is I can't stand it. A fair few other bands do this too, but Soilwork do it almost all of the time, and this is what I despise of them. And the singer.

Jimmy Enslashay
All through their songs, the guitars are continuously solo-ing (i can't think of the damn word, I haven't used it in ages, but I know what I mean), I can't explain it without using the word. It'll come to me soon. Sorry, these holidays have put me into no-thinking mode and I can't think of anything I want to say.

Anyway, the point is I can't stand it. A fair few other bands do this too, but Soilwork do it almost all of the time, and this is what I despise of them. And the singer.
I don't exactly no what you're saying, but like I said, I like 'em.

I definately wouldn't consider them metal myself, and from my knowledge I believe they are simply "Rock". Maybe in the eighties, as they based most of their grouping of Rock/Hard Rock/Metal bands on mainly live performances (ie. how heavy it was, the vocals, drumming speed etc), they would be considered "Hard Rock", but I'm not too sure on that. Feel free to correct me.

I just wanted to know beacuse, my favorite song is metal and its called "Comin' Atcha Live, but yet many of their other songs sound too much like rock. One surprising thing I found out about this band is that they sound like women, but actually are dudes.

I definaley recomend everyone here listen to "Black Seeds on Virgin Soil" by Old mans Child, which is a sort of spinoff of Dimmu Borgir. Its kinda Black-Metal, the song uses 3 guitarists, it sounds f'ing amazing. Cradle of Filth is also pretty good, but right now Im kinda sick of them.

Im not sure what category Dream Theater falls into, but "In the name of God" is great, if a little long at 14 minutes. "Acid Rain" is a fun psych-rock song, no lyrics, two gutarists, great if its just that time.

DrogoGTO - Haven't heard Dream Theater, but I know people that listen to them. I'd say they'd be some sort of Nu Metal maybe, but I'm pretty sure they're classed as metal. I've been meaning to listen to 'em, but I keep forgetting. I also haven't heard Old Mans Child, and I haven't heard OF them before...thanks for that. I'll get back to you.

LedHed - I wouldn't consider them Metal myself, but they are considered Metal.

Jimmy Enslashay
DrogoGTO - Haven't heard Dream Theater, but I know people that listen to them. I'd say they'd be some sort of Nu Metal maybe, but I'm pretty sure they're classed as metal. I've been meaning to listen to 'em, but I keep forgetting. I also haven't heard Old Mans Child, and I haven't heard OF them before...thanks for that. I'll get back to you.

LedHed - I wouldn't consider them Metal myself, but they are considered Metal.
Dream Theater? Nu-Metal!? PAH! :crazy:

Dream Theater are the most awesome progressive metal group to date. Race Idiot calls them the Le Mans of bands, as most of thier songs go for like 10+ minutes. Top band, you need to check 'em out. 👍

PROGRESSIVE metal? Sounds right I guess.

Le Mans of bands, lol.
Didnt the lead guitarist for Dream Theater set a record of like 128bpm in one of their songs from Train Of Thought? I dont remember where I read that, but it sounds like something I NEED TO HEAR.

Oh, and Rammstein is cool, but they REALLY need to make something different, 1/2 of their songs sound the same to me :(
Wilder Wein is different, good, but not great. I think the best song R+ ever did was Rammstein, at Berlin in 2001.

DrogoGTO
PROGRESSIVE metal? Sounds right I guess.

Le Mans of bands, lol.
Didnt the lead guitarist for Dream Theater set a record of like 128bpm in one of their songs from Train Of Thought? I dont remember where I read that, but it sounds like something I NEED TO HEAR.

Oh, and Rammstein is cool, but they REALLY need to make something different, 1/2 of their songs sound the same to me :(
Wilder Wein is different, good, but not great. I think the best song R+ ever did was Rammstein, at Berlin in 2001.
I dunno, but Train of Thought is a pretty balls out album...for Dream Theater anyway.

Meh, from what I've heard, I won't like them 1 bit. I don't like progressive metal anyway. But sounds OK for progressive. I'll still give 'em a listen. I don't know about Le Mans of bands though...

Btw, how many actuall metal cds do u guys have?

I'm at 180 metal cds, and I'm aiming for 500. I'll get there by the end of this year.

Slayer, Sepultura, Soulfly, Dimmu Borgir, Marilyn Manson, NIN, White Zombie, Rob Zombie, Vader, Cryptopsy, Napalm Death, old Fear Factory, Led Zeppelin, Cannibal Corpse, Bolt Thrower, Immolation, Nile, Death,Megadeth, Bile, Morbid Angel, Lamb of God.

Theres some of what I listen too. Some of them not so much but whatver I'm not gonna go through and filter them.

Unknown Variable X
Slayer, Sepultura, Soulfly, Dimmu Borgir, Marilyn Manson, NIN, White Zombie, Rob Zombie, Vader, Cryptopsy, Napalm Death, old Fear Factory, Led Zeppelin, Cannibal Corpse, Bolt Thrower, Immolation, Nile, Death,Megadeth, Bile, Morbid Angel, Lamb of God.

Theres some of what I listen too. Some of them not so much but whatver I'm not gonna go through and filter them.

I'm glad to see other people are listenning to "Lamb of God"......

;)

Back