The Metal ThreadMusic 

Unknown Variable X
Slayer, Sepultura, Soulfly, Dimmu Borgir, Marilyn Manson, NIN, White Zombie, Rob Zombie, Vader, Cryptopsy, Napalm Death, old Fear Factory, Led Zeppelin, Cannibal Corpse, Bolt Thrower, Immolation, Nile, Death,Megadeth, Bile, Morbid Angel, Lamb of God.

Theres some of what I listen too. Some of them not so much but whatver I'm not gonna go through and filter them.

Yeah, another dude who likes Slayer!!!, What's your favorite album from Slayer? 👍 👍 👍
Isn't White Zombie and Rob Zombie the same dude?

gtavcfan
Yeah, another dude who likes Slayer!!!, What's your favorite album from Slayer? 👍 👍 👍
Isn't White Zombie and Rob Zombie the same dude?

Rob Zombie was the lead singer for White Zombie, but it is his solo project.....

Yeah, what Silvia said, except it seems his solo project is more liked than White Z.

Unknown Variable X - glad to see someone that agrees old Fear Factory is good, as opposed to new Fear Factory. You have a good taste in music, I especially like (from your list) LOG, Napalm Death, old Fear Factory, Slayer, Sepul, SoulFly, Vader, Zeppelin, Can. Corp., Nile and Morbid Angel. Also, Dimmu is ok, only one good album though (Darkness Enthrone Triumph).

I can't be bothered right now sorting them out into Metal and Rock, but I'll say that from a quick glance, it looks like roughly half and half. One day I'll list the bands I have (I have many albums from the one band, but I'll just list the bands when I get around to it).

Jimmy Enslashay
Btw, how many actuall metal cds do u guys have?

I'm at 180 metal cds, and I'm aiming for 500. I'll get there by the end of this year.

I know I already replied, but I did sort them this time:
51 Albums (including Live CDs) + 6 Soundtracks + 5 DVD Concerts = 62 Total

SLAYER: (Metal)
Show No Mercy
Haunting the Chapel
Hell Awaits
Reign in Blood
South of Heaven
Seasons in the Abyss
Live: A Decade of Aggression (Live CD)
Divine Intervention
Undisputed Attitude
Diabolus in Musica
God Hates Us All
War at the Warfield (DVD)

SLIPKNOT: (Metal)
Slipknot
Iowa
Disasterpieces (DVD)
Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses

IRON MAIDEN: (Metal)
Piece of Mind
Killers
Fear of the Dark
Ed Hunter
Rock in Rio (DVD)

MOTLEY CRUE: (Hard Rock)
Dr. Feelgood
Shout at the Devil
Girls Girls Girls
Greates Hits
Live: Entertainment or Death
Lewd, Crued, and Tattooed (DVD)

JUDAS PRIEST: (Metal)
British Steel
Point of Entry
Screaming for Vengeance
Electric Eye (DVD)

SOULFLY: (Metal)
Primitive

PANTERA: (Metal)
Vulgar Display of Power
Cowboys From Hell

OZZY OSBOURNE: (Rock)
Bark at the Moon
The Ozzman Cometh

RAMMSTEIN: (Metal)
Mutter
Live Aus Berlin (Live CD)

Metallica: (Metal)
Master Of Puppets
S&M (Live CD)

Anthrax: (Metal)
Spreading the Disease

Tesla: (Metal)
Mechanical Resonance

The Cult: (Rock)
Pure Cult: The Singles 1984-1995

Kittie: (Metal)
Spit

Nirvana: (???Rock???)
Bleach

Cannibal Corpse: (Metal)
The Wretched Spawn

Killswitch Engage: (Metal)
Alive or Just Breathing

Mushroomhead: (Metal)
XIII

Loverboy: (Pop Rock)
Get Lucky (I bought it because it has Working for the Weekend, Along time ago I wanted [Before I liked Metal] to have every song on V-Rock, almost all other songs on this CD suck)

Marilyn Manson: (Metal)
Anichrist Superstar

Megadeth: (Metal)
Peace Sells....But Who's Buying

Ásmegin: (Metal)
Hin Vordende Sod og Sø

Hatebreed: (Metal)
Perseverance

Guns N' Roses: (Rock)
Appetite for Destruction

I also Downloaded God Blessed Video by Alcatrazz (Sounds like metal)

and my soundtracks:

Mortal Kombat Annihilation

Resident Evil

Scream 3

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City O.S.T. Volume 1: V-Rock

Bride of Chucky

Beavis and Butthead: Do America the Soundtrack

Edit: I filled in the missing genres

I actually now have a list of all the bands I currently have on CD...NOT ALBUM. I have more than 1 album of a lot of bands, but before I post it, I'll wait about a week as I'm getting 50 new CDs!!

Btw, I done the genres that you missed out:
Iron Maiden = Metal...(80s Metal)
Motley Crue = Rock
Judas Priest = Metal...(80s Metal)
**Ozzy Osbourne is also classed a Rock Metal for some unknown reason. Different places put him between these categories...I believe he is Rock too, but just pointing that out. Don't change it though.
Anthrax = Metal...(80s Metal)
The Cult = Rock
Nirvana...not sure, not into them but it'd be somewhere around the Rock genre.
Loverboy = Pop Rock
Guns 'n' Roses = Rock

Help?

Jimmy Enslashay
I actually now have a list of all the bands I currently have on CD...NOT ALBUM. I have more than 1 album of a lot of bands, but before I post it, I'll wait about a week as I'm getting 50 new CDs!!

Btw, I done the genres that you missed out:
Iron Maiden = Metal...(80s Metal)
Motley Crue = Rock
Judas Priest = Metal...(80s Metal)
**Ozzy Osbourne is also classed a Rock Metal for some unknown reason. Different places put him between these categories...I believe he is Rock too, but just pointing that out. Don't change it though.
Anthrax = Metal...(80s Metal)
The Cult = Rock
Nirvana...not sure, not into them but it'd be somewhere around the Rock genre.
Loverboy = Pop Rock
Guns 'n' Roses = Rock

Help?

I didn't miss them, I left them that way because I wasn't exactly sure what they were. The Next I plan to buy are:
Otep
Dimmu Borgir
more from Motley Crue and Iron Maiden

gtavcfan
I didn't miss them, I left them that way because I wasn't exactly sure what they were. The Next I plan to buy are:
Otep
Dimmu Borgir
more from Motley Crue and Iron Maiden

I highly recomend both Otep albums..... That girl grouls like one of the boys.... Not to mention the technical guitar and drum work....

Very nice....

;)

Silvia - Lol, she does!
Shannon - thanks, I was coming back tonight to fix that, as it popped in my head this morning (Grunge).

[OFFTOPIC]By the way, I'm just about to receive 50 new metal CDs this weekend and through next week! Can't wait.[/OFFTOPIC]

Jimmy Enslashay
Silvia - Lol, she does!
Shannon - thanks, I was coming back tonight to fix that, as it popped in my head this morning (Grunge).

[OFFTOPIC]By the way, I'm just about to receive 50 new metal CDs this weekend and through next week! Can't wait.[/OFFTOPIC]

50 Metal CD's?.... Are you a member of some crazy hardcore Colombia House, or BMG or something?.....

;)

Oh yeah, I'm a major figure in the CD-Laundering area...Nah, I either do trades on the net, or my friend does and he burns me copies...This time I'm getting him to burn me stuff from his trade.

(Btw, I'm FINALLY getting the Monsters of Rock Concert DVD!!)

Jimmy Enslashay
I highly recomend both Otep albums..... That girl grouls like one of the boys.... Not to mention the technical guitar and drum work....

Very nice....

I'm going to buy the new album "House of Secrets", I saw one of their Music Videos on Headbangers Ball the other day "Warhead". (Imitating Butthead: That kicked Ass)

DrogoGTO
PROGRESSIVE metal? Sounds right I guess.

Le Mans of bands, lol.
Didnt the lead guitarist for Dream Theater set a record of like 128bpm in one of their songs from Train Of Thought? I dont remember where I read that, but it sounds like something I NEED TO HEAR.

If the guitarist (John Petrucci) played at 128 bpm, which is not a super fast pace by prog rock standards for crazy soloing... he must have been playing 32nd note triplets or something, or else the solo is at like 180 bpm. Because its just too fast for humanity with the clarity he achieves. I own just about all of their albums and they have got to be some of the most creative guys around. Its nuts. They arent popular if you arent into that type of music, and they only had like 2 mtv singles.. but thats a good thing in a way.. keeps em true to their roots ;) AND THEY ARE DEFINITELY NOT NU METAL!!!

Meshuggah, Killswitch Engage, Opeth, Iced Earth, Fear Factory, arch enemy... a few of the metal bands that I like. Oh, cant forget Yngwie Malmsteen :ill:

Gtavcfan - That was not my quote.

Finally got some Dream Theater of my own, as I'd only heard a little bit and I was told that was some of their worst...I still don't like too much...although I didn't expect to. Also, Dream Theater are getting pretty popular atm, and don't judge popularity on MTV...that's basically a rap station now (at least it is in Australia). But I still don't find them overly exciting.

Jimmy Enslashay
Gtavcfan - That was not my quote.

Finally got some Dream Theater of my own, as I'd only heard a little bit and I was told that was some of their worst...I still don't like too much...although I didn't expect to. Also, Dream Theater are getting pretty popular atm, and don't judge popularity on MTV...that's basically a rap station now (at least it is in Australia). But I still don't find them overly exciting.
Well, when you like that grindcore ****, prog metal doesn't sound overly exciting...:dopey:

Edit: We get MTV in Australia?
blink6.gif

Yes, Foxtel...You probably get Austar up there...

But, I spose Grindcore is my kind of exciting Metal...but still...whatever floats your boat.

Back when they were in their prime (I'd say mid 90's probably) they didnt get much of any mtv play. Thats all I meant really. Its good that more people are listening though. :)

gtavcfan
I'm going to buy the new album "House of Secrets", I saw one of their Music Videos on Headbangers Ball the other day "Warhead". (Imitating Butthead: That kicked Ass)

Yeah, that's a good song, with a great message....

"Sevas Tra" is also a good album, with songs like:

Blood Pigs (one of my favs)
Unclean
Battle Ready

Good stuff....

;)

I heard that At The Gates is another good metal band. They are actually classified in the Death Metal genre. This band is from Sweden and most of their songs are pretty kick-ass. Slaughter of the Soul, Terminal Spirit Disease, and Suicidal Final Art are excellent albums.

Jimmy Enslashay
Yes, Foxtel...You probably get Austar up there...

But, I spose Grindcore is my kind of exciting Metal...but still...whatever floats your boat.
Oh yeah, that new Austar Digital thingo. We just have the ordinary Austar service, with Channel [V]; that's enough crapness. :)

👍

Bleh, Channel V 👎. Foxtel has Digital too, same with Austar and Optus. I'll b getting that at the end of this year when my house finishes building. Also, At The Gates are not too bad. I don't mind them at all, heard some of their stuff not too long ago. I was actually just going to get one of their albums.

Jimmy Enslashay
Bleh, Channel V 👎. Foxtel has Digital too, same with Austar and Optus. I'll b getting that at the end of this year when my house finishes building. Also, At The Gates are not too bad. I don't mind them at all, heard some of their stuff not too long ago. I was actually just going to get one of their albums.
Indeed. Notice I said 'crapness'? I gave up on requesting decent songs because some other mofos would request a stupid Black Eyed Peas song like 55,000,001 times. :middlefinger:

There are NO good music channels here...occasionally "Rage" on free-to-air TV will have a metal night, but it's mostly crap metal (in my opinion, not aiming at offending anyone) like ICP and COF...once I seen a Cannibal Corpse song! That's the only time I've seen good metal on any station here...

what about shadows fall "the art of balance"? I watch Headbangers ball and Uranium when I have the chance and so far, their singles have appealed to me the most.... awesome cd.....They scream and are really heavy but have rom for some softer sound and a little bit of well, almost-singing. All the other bands i have heard just don't appeal to me or scream too much....(shadows fall TAOB is the heaviest Cd ion my collection)

anybody got any opinions on my other favorite bands?

Cold (Year of the spider is a bit softer than usual....least listened CD i have of them)
Godsmack (faceless sort of sucks for my listening...)
Deftones (their self titled one sounds a little too diffrent but awesome none the less)
seether (don't let the song"broken"featuring amy lee make you think that is their overall style)
P.O.D<when they had Marcos...come back Marcos!
Chevelle
and lasty but not least, System Of A DOwn:)

heh? anyways just thought i'd mention SHADOWS FALL for their work on "The Art Of Balance"...........

Well, I am back here to let you know that I am going to state some other metal bands I have not mentioned.

Biohazard
Downset
Shootyz Groove
Stuck Mojo
Body Count
2 Skinnee J's
(hed) pe

These bands are all rap metal or actually Nu-Metal. These bands try to be hardcore in their own right but they prove to be nothing more than choke artists. The best of the worst of these bands would have to be Body Count. Just check out down to the bottom of the page of Greatist Artists of Rap Metal section in this site.

With my Sat TV setup I get an all-metal channel, but rarely use it. Occasionally theres some good stuff there, but since its all random its hard to find. Sometimes theres some Lamb of God, Dimmu, OMC, Mortician, Black Sabbath, Judas Preist, Metallica, etc. but usually its "nu metal," which IMO is poo.

I used to hear all kinds of metal when I was 17, but these days the only kind of metal I still hear is "mellodic"(I think thats a genre rigth?).

Latest stuff I got is Angra - Rebirth(live in Sao Paulo) , Shaman - Ritual live, and Avantasia - The Metal Opera part 1. I´m looking for Metal Opera part 2 now.

Back