The Metal ThreadMusic 

I don't think Mellodic is a genre. The only chanells I watch that sometimes has metal are MTV, MTV 2, and VH-1. I most of the time watch MTV 2 since Headbanger's Ball, and Beavis and Butthead are on it. Can't wait for the Jagermeiter tour this fall.

Meh, there's never any quality Metal channels anywhere. We get Headbanger's Ball here, but I don't have Foxtel (Pay-TV/Satellite). I look at the playlist for each week's show on a site I go to regularly, and I see it's mostly Nu Metal. Occasionally they get Lamb of God or Nile or something good (once they had The Berzerker - the best Australian Metal band around IMO), but I see it's mostly Slipknot, Deftones, etc.

Also, as soon as I seen DrogoGT post the word "Mortician" I said yuck. Lol, I hate Mortician, too much distortion. They probably would be a good band if they didn't use so much of it. You can't hear the singer, and you can hardly differentiate between the drums, guitars, etc. They ARE good live though, but that's the extent of their quality.

Aside from tv, the radio also doesn't have anything good most of the time, it just sucks. One in a while they will have a good song. That is why I have cassettes in my car, when the radio sucks I just put something cool on.

Jimmy Enslashay
Also, as soon as I seen DrogoGT post the word "Mortician" I said yuck. Lol, I hate Mortician, too much distortion. They probably would be a good band if they didn't use so much of it. You can't hear the singer, and you can hardly differentiate between the drums, guitars, etc. They ARE good live though, but that's the extent of their quality.
Why is that a problem? I mean, you do listen to Grindcore...

Silverzone - I never said Metallica weren't Metal....

Shannon - In Grindcore, you can HEAR the singer, maybe not understand him so well, but you can HEAR them. In Mortician, the distortion drowns out the singer, so you can hardly HEAR him, as opposed to UNDERSTANDING him.

Shannon
Metallica needed to shut up after ...And Justice For All. Pure and simple.
Metallica doesnt need to shut up, they are cool they should make more albums!!

[offtopic]
Jimmy Enslashay
drowns out the singer, so you can hardly HEAR him, as opposed to UNDERSTANDING him.
Imitating Butt-Head: You said Hard[/offtopic]

Shannon - Amen. Except I think one song from Black is good: Enter Sandman. All the rest are boring. The albums before that are good too, but because I've heard them a million times thanks to some friends of mine, I'm REALLY over Metallica. Go watch one of the performances when Joey Jordison (Slipknot) drummed for Metallica...look at his hair for one :lol:, but the worst thing is his voice. No grunt. He sounds like he should be in some queer pop/boy band. Really re-instates alot of people's opinions that they should finish soon. Their last album was a clear indication of that for me, as well as the Load/Reload series. But again, I agree with Shannon.

What is with this forum and saying metallica sucks. You gys need to listen to garage inc. Whiskey In The Jar is my new favorite song. that song rules. And insulting The Black album is about the lowest you can stoop. all the songs on that album rule, Jimmy Enslashay. then you got Load/Reload which are extremely unappreciated and under rated. Its just nobody likes Metallica when they decide to go different ways with their music. ST. Anger is cool because its thir heaviest album since Kill 'Em All. St. Anger is a little bit more metal than all of them. of course its not as good, but it is till Metallica. And they are not sell-outs If they were sell-outs, they would have retired a long time ago. And I agree with gtavcfan because He knows metallica rules. and korn is metal. Static X rules too. Okay, I know that was EXTREMELY off topic, but I had to say it. but anyway, I don't know if anyone else has mentioned them, but Hatebreed rules. they are really cool.

Silverzone
What is with this forum and saying metallica sucks. You gys need to listen to garage inc. Whiskey In The Jar is my new favorite song. that song rules. And insulting The Black album is about the lowest you can stoop. all the songs on that album rule, Jimmy Enslashay. then you got Load/Reload which are extremely unappreciated and under rated. Its just nobody likes Metallica when they decide to go different ways with their music. ST. Anger is cool because its thir heaviest album since Kill 'Em All. St. Anger is a little bit more metal than all of them. of course its not as good, but it is till Metallica. And they are not sell-outs If they were sell-outs, they would have retired a long time ago. And I agree with gtavcfan because He knows metallica rules. and korn is metal. Static X rules too. Okay, I know that was EXTREMELY off topic, but I had to say it. but anyway, I don't know if anyone else has mentioned them, but Hatebreed rules. they are really cool.
Hey dude I did'nt say that they suck, actually they are cool and I also like them. Maybe Jimmy doesn't like Metallica but still he shouldn't insult them by sayin' that they suck, because they don't. Also this Jimmy-dude is cool, he likes Slayer. I watch Jamey Jasta of Hatebreed every sunday on Headbanger's ball, this week they are with Judas Priest.

(BTW Silverzone, cool avatar)

I never said Metallica sucked, find me one quote where I stated that. I also didn't intend to insult Metallica, as I have stated in this thread, none of my opinions are an attack on any band, or any insult. All comments are opinion-based, and shouldn't be considered an insult against the bands. I've said this plenty of times in various forums.

Silverzone
No one is saying they suck at all. Their pre-black album stuff was pure genious. They were really light years ahead of most metal bands during that time (Kill 'Em All up until ...And Justice For All). It's just from the black album onwards, their music really went downhill. With all due respect, they are still great musicians but unless they produce something decent soon, I think it's time for them to hang up their boots. 👎

Oh, and by the way, "Whiskey in The Jar" is a **** song in my opinion. :)

Silverzone
WHISKEY IN THE JAR RULES. but thats okay, evryone has an opinon.
agreed, it's one of my favourites of theirs. btw, you should listen to the Thin Lizzy original of the song. Compare Metallica's cover to the original, it's amazing how well held the essence of the original song. In many areas Metallica improved on the original 👍

CAMAROBOY69
3. Pantera
4. Slayer
5. Deicide
6. Cannibal Corpse
7. Dying Fetus
8. Malevolent Creation
9. Suffocation

Some GREAT bands there! Slayer, Deicide and Malevolent Creation are my favourite bands at the moment. Dying Fetus are good. Suffocation are great. Cannibal Corpse = Death legends. Don't go much on the top 2 personally, but you're taste, not mine. Awesome selection there!

Hatebreed are alright, they fall into Metalcore; that is, a combination of thrash metal and hardcore punk.

Bands that have soft singing are oddly alluring to me but then again louder singing and guttural pukeshouting with hoarse howling textures would rather be my primary weapons of choice for extreme metal music, especially grindcore :mischievous: :cool:

Yeah, I'm sort of like Klonie, except for the fact that I don't really like any softer singing in Metal. Hatebreed don't really have much soft singing, and when they snig soft, it's not that soft like Slipknot, etc go into. I've liked Hatebreed a little bit more lately since I have finally got an album of theirs.

Jimmy Enslashay
Haha, good old V-Rock.
I was listening to V-rock the other day when I was driving. I recorded the radio station to one of my cassettes and when I went to pick up my mom from work, I was listening to it.

I have it on CD, listen to it a fair bit. I have all the radio stations :lol:

New Devolved album September 6 release in Australia!! They're a Tech-Metal band from Aus. Check 'em out.

Jimmy Enslashay
I have it on CD, listen to it a fair bit. I have all the radio stations :lol:

New Devolved album September 6 release in Australia!! They're a Tech-Metal band from Aus. Check 'em out.
My car only has a cassette player and radio. I want to buy it a CD player sometime.

Jimmy Enslashay
Haha, good old V-Rock.
All songs on V-rock are great, but I wished that sometime it contained a different song than the song that they used, Since the game is based on 1986:

Instead of "Too Young to Fall in Love (1983)" they should have used "Shout at the Devil (1983)" or "Helter Skelter (1983)"

Instead of "You've Got Another Thing Comin' (1982)" They should have used "Breaking the Law (1980)"

And for Quiet Riot [not on the cd], they used "*** ON Feel the Noize (1983)", but I wished that they had used "Metal Health (1983)"
Thats just my opinion.

Back