The Must Have Upgrade for any Logitech G Wheel Owner

• Thread starter GTEYE
  • 485 comments
ok but if i have these 3 springs from this post as example, i don't have to need the ricmotec cell solution ?
Well, they're different, so that would depend on your preference. I started with this brake spring w/c is an improvement of the stock (though personally, mine softened after several months' use, but maybe also because my foot got too used to it already) , while the LC G27 is much tougher (short pre-travel, then heavy on the latter travel, but after around 1 week I got used to it).

I have seen no evidence they soften over time, most likely you become more accustomed to the heavier pedals after a while. If you go back to the original springs you soon realise the vast difference between them.

I have seen no evidence they soften over time, most likely you become more accustomed to the heavier pedals after a while. If you go back to the original springs you soon realise the vast difference between them.
Yes, like I said, maybe its because I have gone accustomed to it after prolonged usage. But I also gave my comments in previous posts about wishing pretravel was shorter & have a longer stiffer feel at the end. But anyway, that's just my preference and opinion. And i recommend that highly now im using a LC. Improvement from stock though. Thanks.

If i buy all 3 springs, is the gteye throttle spring comparable with like example the clutch original spring? or even heavier?

Yes, like I said, maybe its because I have gone accustomed to it after prolonged usage. But I also gave my comments in previous posts about wishing pretravel was shorter & have a longer stiffer feel at the end. But anyway, that's just my preference and opinion. And i recommend that highly now im using a LC. Improvement from stock though. Thanks.
With the @GTEYE brake spring I found even when I change to a heavier shoe you sometimes think the spring is getting soft. As GTEYE pointed out in his post, there is no evidence they soften over time, I have been wearing slippers for many many month every day using the brake peddle, because I found slippers give you the same feel every time and they look like racing shoes. Thank you @GTEYE for the brake spring because my times are even faster now and I put your brake spring in my G29 brake peddle a few month ago even better :cheers:.

If i buy all 3 springs, is the gteye throttle spring comparable with like example the clutch original spring? or even heavier?
The GTEYE throttle is firmer than the original throttle, but softer than the original clutch. Below is a graph representing all 3 GTEYE springs together.

gteye-full-set-graph.jpg

Below graph represents the difference between the GTEYE throttle and the original throttle. The throttle pedal is not intended to make it feel "stiffer" but more to balance the weight of your foot, reducing fatigue and improving modulation feedback.

gteye-throttle-graph.jpg

The GTEYE throttle is firmer than the original throttle, but softer than the original clutch. Below is a graph representing all 3 GTEYE springs together.

Below graph represents the difference between the GTEYE throttle and the original throttle. The throttle pedal is not intended to make it feel "stiffer" but more to balance the weight of your foot, reducing fatigue and improving modulation feedback.

Ok thanks for the update ! but its not weird to use the original clutch spring on the throttle ?

Ok thanks for the update ! but its not weird to use the original clutch spring on the throttle ?
It can be done, but it is considered by many to be too firm for the throttle, by all means give it a try and see how it works for you. Since it is the most commonly used pedal be aware your foot may become tired in longer sessions, whereas the GTEYE throttle can actually reduce fatigue since it holds the weight of your foot rather than push back excessivly.

It can be done, but it is considered by many to be too firm for the throttle, by all means give it a try and see how it works for you. Since it is the most commonly used pedal be aware your foot may become tired in longer sessions, whereas the GTEYE throttle can actually reduce fatigue since it holds the weight of your foot rather than push back excessivly.

Ok do you have a discount code for 3 springs?! ;)

Just installed the GTEYE brake spring on my inverted Logitech G29 pedals. The brake pedal now feels stiffer than my Fanatec Clubsport V1 brake pedal usually set on number 5. I may need to remove the rubber insert.

I am surprised a simple spring can make all the difference 👍

I normally use Throttle and Brake only, is it worth swapping out the Clutch spring and installing it into the Accelerator pedal?

Thanks.

I normally use Throttle and Brake only, is it worth swapping out the Clutch spring and installing it into the Accelerator pedal?

The Logitech clutch spring is generally regarded as too firm to be used as the throttle.

The original Logitech throttle is 0.45N/mm spring rate (firmness), whereas the Logitech clutch spring is 4N/mm (a big increase).

The GTEYE throttle is 0.75N/mm and is weighted just perfectly to support the weight of your foot without adding extra fatigue.

Just received my brake spring for my G920. Even using it for the first minute it was a massive upgrade from the stock spring and rubber insert. I now how full 100% range of the pedal travel to use compared to about 55% with the stock spring and rubber insert. I highly recommend renoving the rubber insert. It changes the firmness too abruptly and limits your total pedal travel so there is less room to feather the brake more accurately.

Ive alwatys raced without abs, this spring has allowed me to trail brake way better, brake later and stop earlier than before. Feels just how a brake pedal should.

Anyone with this system needs to upgrade to this spring.
Ive only had it for a couple of days so i reckon i will impove even more on my braking with a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Just received my brake spring for my G920. Even using it for the first minute it was a massive upgrade from the stock spring and rubber insert. I now how full 100% range of the pedal travel to use compared to about 55% with the stock spring and rubber insert. I highly recommend renoving the rubber insert. It changes the firmness too abruptly and limits your total pedal travel so there is less room to feather the brake more accurately.

Ive alwatys raced without abs, this spring has allowed me to trail brake way better, brake later and stop earlier than before. Feels just how a brake pedal should.

Anyone with this system needs to upgrade to this spring.
Ive only had it for a couple of days so i reckon i will impove even more on my braking with a couple of weeks.
Thanks for your feedback. Yes, it goes to show there is no single perfect setup for everyone, some people like the rubber insert, some do not. It`s good that we all have the choice to leave it in or take it out. One thing we know for sure, it is always better with the progressive brake spring installed.

I really am finding the brake pedal too stiff, I think I may need to wear trainers rather than slippers.

I have reverse mounted the pedals, I wonder if this is the issue. I also swapped the brake pedal to be in the clutch position and clutch in the brake position.

7EMT1AQ.png

Last edited:
I really am finding the brake pedal too stiff, I think I may need to wear trainers rather than slippers.

I have reverse mounted the pedals, I wonder if this is the issue. I also swapped the brake pedal to be in the clutch position and clutch in the brake position.

7EMT1AQ.png
I think the way you got it setup and that why the brake pedal seems stiff, I have also swapped the brake pedal to be in the clutch position and clutch in the brake position, I wear slippers and I got the pedal base the right way on my rig and the GTEYE brake pedal is not that stiff and I also do left foot braking all the time, this GTEYE brake pedal is heaps better I use it on my G29 :).

Seating position and leverage play an important role in the pedal effort required.
Do you have the standard G29 rubber insert installed? You could try removing it if so.

Seating position and leverage play an important role in the pedal effort required.
Do you have the standard G29 rubber insert installed? You could try removing it if so.

Hi, yep rubber insert has been removed. Your comment has made me realise the recent change I made. I moved the pedals to a 60 degree angle and postioned them higher up. Prior to that they were at a higher angle and lower down.

They did feel less stiff before the change, it just didn't cross my mind :embarrassed:

Guess I will have to get used to the new configuration.

I would also like to post feedback, i got the GTeye throttle spring a few months back. The spring is very much underrated on here. I reckon its just a valuable as the upgrade to the GTeye brake spring. The extra firmness does give you much more control when applying over the stock spring. I found myself being able to apply the throttle more progressively, allowing to drive cars with much higher diff locks less prone to stepping out. While it doesn't seem big, managed to drop a couple of seconds off a Nordscliffe time to A late 6:41 with an AMG GT3 on project cars.

Very highly recommend!

Well, to be honest, I was reading enthusiastically and went to check the website until I was shocked by the price!
70$ for 3 springs?!?! This is way too much even for the upgrade and improvement they provide!
Sorry but it's too much! I got the whole wheel and pedals for 200$ so not paying half of that for a mere 3 springs!

Back