The Must Have Upgrade for any Logitech G Wheel Owner

• Thread starter GTEYE
  • 485 comments
I am also considering buying mostly the brake spring from GTEye. I might also be interested in buying the full set.

I have the Logitech G29 and use it for PS4 and Xbox one. I find the brake pedal is very hard to be precise with. It feels like its going from very soft to absurdly hard with very litle in between.

Just a bit worried about the many post about there will be a dead zone travel after I remove the rubber inside the G29 pedals.

I am not able to modify the potetio meters or do anything like that my self. But do people think its still worth purchasing the brake pedal spring for Logitech G29 ?

Also does people with the full set think its worth to buy the other springs. I will mostly only use the Brake and throotle springs as I dont use a manual shifter with clutch yet ( I may buy a gear shifter on a later date )

Are there any plans to make and upgraded version for g29 users ?

@GTEYE

The GTEYE brake spring does smooth out the transition to the rubber stopper, but also makes the overall pedal stronger.
We read that many people either remove the rubber, or cut it shorter, you can even replace the rubber with something softer.

We have not found any deadzone issues during testing.

I am also considering buying mostly the brake spring from GTEye. I might also be interested in buying the full set.

I have the Logitech G29 and use it for PS4 and Xbox one. I find the brake pedal is very hard to be precise with. It feels like its going from very soft to absurdly hard with very litle in between.

Just a bit worried about the many post about there will be a dead zone travel after I remove the rubber inside the G29 pedals.

I am not able to modify the potetio meters or do anything like that my self. But do people think its still worth purchasing the brake pedal spring for Logitech G29 ?

Also does people with the full set think its worth to buy the other springs. I will mostly only use the Brake and throotle springs as I dont use a manual shifter with clutch yet ( I may buy a gear shifter on a later date )

Are there any plans to make and upgraded version for g29 users ?
Once you put in the Brake Spring you would never go back to the original one, I would remove the rubber block but it is up to you on how it feels with or without it.

I would remove the rubber block but it is up to you on how it feels with or without it.

I agree about removing the rubber block, especially if you are putting the GTEye spring in. Bear in mind that driving a sim can be physically taxing, despite the lack of G Forces. Constantly braking puts an uneven load on the hips and lower back - and the older you get and the more you sim race, the more potential long term stresses you are putting on your body (unless you thoroughly work out several times per week like a modern race driver and most simmers don't). It's possibly even worse for sim racers because practice is effectively unlimited.

Most sim racers are young and have time on their side but as they get older they need to be more careful about abusing their bodies by way of endless one legged full body weight squats (which is effectively what they are doing if they are using high end pedals). It is murder on the hips and the joints in the lower back over the long term. For me, I find that the pedal with just the GTEye spring alone is perfect. It provides sufficient progressive pressure to facilitate effective braking without being so heavy so to cause any long term issues.

Dick Johnson wrote in his autobiography that after a career of touring car racing, he needed a titanium hip and knee. Yet a sim racer could run up the kms he did within a fraction of the time that he did whilst now easily being able to emulate the pedal pressures he endured throughout his racing life. So my in humble opinion, better to stick to the minimum amount of pedal force needed to drive in a "realistic" manner. And I think the GTEye springs absolustely nail it in that respect. Adding even more resistance is in my opinion unhealthy in the long term.

I agree about removing the rubber block, especially if you are putting the GTEye spring in. Bear in mind that driving a sim can be physically taxing, despite the lack of G Forces. Constantly braking puts an uneven load on the hips and lower back - and the older you get and the more you sim race, the more potential long term stresses you are putting on your body (unless you thoroughly work out several times per week like a modern race driver and most simmers don't). It's possibly even worse for sim racers because practice is effectively unlimited.

Most sim racers are young and have time on their side but as they get older they need to be more careful about abusing their bodies by way of endless one legged full body weight squats (which is effectively what they are doing if they are using high end pedals). It is murder on the hips and the joints in the lower back over the long term. For me, I find that the pedal with just the GTEye spring alone is perfect. It provides sufficient progressive pressure to facilitate effective braking without being so heavy so to cause any long term issues.

Dick Johnson wrote in his autobiography that after a career of touring car racing, he needed a titanium hip and knee. Yet a sim racer could run up the kms he did within a fraction of the time that he did whilst now easily being able to emulate the pedal pressures he endured throughout his racing life. So my in humble opinion, better to stick to the minimum amount of pedal force needed to drive in a "realistic" manner. And I think the GTEye springs absolustely nail it in that respect. Adding even more resistance is in my opinion unhealthy in the long term.
You said about Dick Johnson wrote in his autobiography that after a career of touring car racing, he needed a titanium hip and knee . Yet a sim racer could run up the kms he did within a fraction of the time. That will not happen because it is a different environment using a Rig than a real car, my Rig I have been using the GTEYE Brake spring for over 3 years now with no problems.
Why I said there is a different environment using a Rig than a real car, is because you can take breaks using a Rig because you can pause the game and take a 10 minute break or longer. I am 55 years old and I do have to take care because of my age, and doing racing every day now, with Breaks.

Why I said there is a different environment using a Rig than a real car, is because you can take breaks using a Rig because you can pause the game and take a 10 minute break or longer. I am 55 years old and I do have to take care because of my age, and doing racing every day now, with Breaks.

That's certainly true if you are either running offline only against AI or online in short races. My own experience online however is that the only place where really high calibre, serious and competitive competition exists - within a very high fidelity simulation - is iRacing. And the races there are just too long for me nowadays. I am the same age as you and I limit myself to 20 minute races plus the qualifying. It is all offline nowadays using Race 07, since I've not yet found any other simulation with excellent AI that is also very high fidelity. I may look into more recent sims down the track but I'd have to build a new machine first.

I am a big stickler for ergonomics and looking after the body because mine was (unintentionally) abused in the past. I drove non-syncromesh heavy vehicles around Sydney through the 1980s and that was probably the equivalent of a normal human lifetime of car clutchwork in an ordinary car. Some of those trucks needed about 40 kg of clutch pressure and you had to double-declutch up and down the gearbox. I was still OK driving a manual car up until around two years ago. I was driving in a very heavy traffic jam for over an hour and that was the end of it for me.

The knee got better if I wasn't driving but within half an hour of getting in the car again, same problem - knee pain. My left knee couldn't take it any more. It was found that it simply had worn itself out after ten zillion clutch presses over more than three decades. Luckily, however, it is perfectly fine so long as I am doing anything other than motions that emulate pressing down a clutch. So I reluctantly sold a perfectly good manual car and bought an automatic. Problem "solved". My sim racing rig obviously just uses the clutchless sequential option with paddle shift.

I think a brewing problem with sim racing is that by the time many young people even begin to feel pain and start taking breaks, the damage has already started to take root. Running short races and taking breaks might manage the issue from a medical point of view but when you have so many ambitious people doing whatever it takes to be the best in the world and not giving much if any thought to preserving their health, then it potentially becomes one of the toughest activities on the body you can imagine - mainly because sitting is an inherently bad posture to begin with and secondly because the asymmetry of the significant forces required to drive a race car -simulated or otherwise - is unavoidable.

Recently ordered the GTEye brake spring to put into my G29 pedals. I plan to remove the rubber stopper as well since it annoys me to no end, but reading around about the firmware curve that's in the wheel makes me concerned about the possible deadzone that will show up, and how drastic it is.

Has anyone else done this brake mod without adding in a resistor or modifying the curve through DIView, etc? I only use this wheel with GT Sport so don't have access to modify the curve through a pc.

Edit: wanted to update now that my brake spring has arrived. The firmware deadzone still exists for the brake travel of course, but the increased curve of the GTEye spring all but negates it since you will feel proper pressure before reaching the deadzone. Love it, and it feels much better than just having the rubber stopper in there.

Last edited:
I just finished my quick release adapter, took the idea from one i've seen online, and added a few modifications, made it a bit stronger (imo)

Just want to point out that this is a vendor's thread specifically for the GTEye spring set, not a repository for good ideas that you came up with. You should consider making a new thread or finding a more suitable thread for this post.
Good job though.

You said about Dick Johnson wrote in his autobiography that after a career of touring car racing, he needed a titanium hip and knee . Yet a sim racer could run up the kms he did within a fraction of the time. That will not happen because it is a different environment using a Rig than a real car, my Rig I have been using the GTEYE Brake spring for over 3 years now with no problems.
Yes. You Are old, but still a fast old man

Hi friends.

I'm considering the three springs pack, but it is still a bit expensive for me...

Are there any active discount code for GTPlanet users.

Thanks in advice.

Sorry, there are currently no valid discount codes available.
The price includes shipping worldwide.

If you prefer, you can purchase only the brake spring.

Better balanced feeling of all 3 pedals is provided with all 3 springs, but not mandatory.

Once you put in the Brake Spring you would never go back to the original one, I would remove the rubber block but it is up to you on how it feels with or without it.
The Original rubber block it absolutl nothing to , so throw it away, But I really dont understand why Logitech keep making so bad breaks

Last edited:
I love how there's completely opposite schools of thought on the rubber insert. I took it out on Day 1 based on reviews here and it's so much better. The insert doesn't make it progressive at all. It's the same resistance with it in until you hit it and then it becomes unnecessarily heavy to press. I'm not that weak either. Real cars have load cells and it's totally different. Get some Fanatec pedals if you want it to feel like a real car. For me, the rubber insert was too much and the spring on its own is plenty enough resistance when trying to press all the way.

I love how there's completely opposite schools of thought on the rubber insert. I took it out on Day 1 based on reviews here and it's so much better. The insert doesn't make it progressive at all. It's the same resistance with it in until you hit it and then it becomes unnecessarily heavy to press. I'm not that weak either. Real cars have load cells and it's totally different. Get some Fanatec pedals if you want it to feel like a real car. For me, the rubber insert was too much and the spring on its own is plenty enough resistance when trying to press all the way.

Fully agree

ok....have gone through most of the posts...and at the end of the day...for someone with a g29 playing on a ps4? Is it still recommended to get the break mod from GTEYE? and sounds like removing the rubber stop is the way to go? sorry to bring up this topic back to a full circle.

@GTEYE are any dimensional specs available for the springs themselves?

I purchased the brake spring, but have recently move to a T300 setup with the T3PA pedals. The springs in those pedals are weaker than the G29 set, and I was thinking of swapping the GTEye spring into the brake if the dimensions were similar. Before cracking em open figured I’d ask here.

ok....have gone through most of the posts...and at the end of the day...for someone with a g29 playing on a ps4? Is it still recommended to get the break mod from GTEYE? and sounds like removing the rubber stop is the way to go? sorry to bring up this topic back to a full circle.
I still highly recommend the GTEYE brake spring and I will never go back to the original spring. Removing the rubber block is the way to go when you buy the GTEYE spring.

bought and got the GTEYE spring installed. Gotta say it def is stiffer...Don't feel like I can play with socks as much due to the resistance...are people mostly using shoes? Thanks

No problems at all here with socks (sports socks so a bit thicker than business ones). I've been driving for a year now with just the socks and GTEye springs and it is all perfect. Are you using an additional brake rubber inside the pedal assembly? If so I could definitely understand not wanting to use socks...but without that extra bumper the pressure should not be high (it should only require a bit more pressure than a regular brake pedal in a modern car).

Hi there, just wondering if I should mod my Logitech G920 brake pedal. I have been using it for a while as it came but recently now i'm learning heel-toe it has become a bit annoying. I have seen things about modding the other pedals too, that would also be nice if it is relatively cheap and simple but not a major concern. Does anyone have any preferences or advise as to which mod I should use? Are some better than others and are do they have any problems?
TLDR; should I mod only the break, all 3 pedals or leave it?

You should definitely mod the brake. The clutch and acceleration springs are by preference.
Thanks, do you reccomend clutch and accelareator as well, are there any problems with any of them? Also are GTeye the best ones to get or are there better?

Thanks, do you reccomend clutch and accelareator as well, are there any problems with any of them? Also are GTeye the best ones to get or are there better?
I haven't used them, only the brake spring. I did swap the brake to the accel and accel spring to the clutch, but didnt like the added resistance to either pedal. The brake spring is really good though, so I imagine the other two springs should be well tuned for their propose.

I did have both the GTEYE accelerator and the brake spring but I found the accelerator spring was to stiff and it was hurting my ankle, so I removed the accelerator spring and put back the original spring back in.

Back