The New Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is the World's Fastest Muscle Car

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 278 comments
Kinda defeats the object doesn't it
Sure, if there weren't literally hundreds of places in the country where you can do so; far moreso than not, in fact.

The NHRA doesn't control every drag strip in the country, and a drag strip being NHRA certified doesn't even mean you can't run whatever if they have non-NHRA events.

That's the oddest statement I've ever seen about drag racing.

this is what happens when the world be on the road course racing tip......

in other News

at the end, it seems like they will be advertising the Widebody Hellcat next.

at the end, it seems like they will be advertising the Widebody Hellcat next.

Strange, because the person sending the driver on these tasks, says "Das Good" which strikes me as a German take on English. The handler if you will hasn't done that prior. Then he asks how good the driver is in the "Ring", not ring, but Ring. Which takes us back to Germany, and makes me think it has something to do with the Nurburgring, which is called "The Ring".

I don't see any connotations of anything Dodge being used, and keeping it to a small scope shouldn't even be the thought. Since Pennzoil has done these videos with other manufactures, and sponsors many groups, I think it would be easier to say that it could be anything. However, if you want to narrow the scope and keep it Dodge related, I think the closest you'll get is something else in the FCA group being used in these short films.

Strange, because the person sending the driver on these tasks, says "Das Good" which strikes me as a German take on English. The handler if you will hasn't done that prior. Then he asks how good the driver is in the "Ring", not ring, but Ring. Which takes us back to Germany, and makes me think it has something to do with the Nurburgring, which is called "The Ring".

I don't see any connotations of anything Dodge being used, and keeping it to a small scope shouldn't even be the thought. Since Pennzoil has done these videos with other manufactures, and sponsors many groups, I think it would be easier to say that it could be anything. However, if you want to narrow the scope and keep it Dodge related, I think the closest you'll get is something else in the FCA group being used in these short films.

They have pretty much did a commercial with every new dodge product from the hellcat>viper>demon and the newest model is the hellcat wide body
The previous video using the viper the person said I recall, are you good at exorcising demon

Dodge used the video door the demon launch

It could be the widebody, or not but if so, they don’t have to make any kind of “record”. They could come up 20 seconds short of the ZL1 and still “win” for the challenger owners and naysayers will think about saying challengers can’t turn corners.

They have pretty much did a commercial with every new dodge product from the hellcat>viper>demon and the newest model is the hellcat wide body
The previous video using the viper the person said I recall, are you good at exorcising demon

Dodge used the video door the demon launch

Awesome, well aware, none of what you typed (clearly didn't read my post) has anything to do with what I said and analysis given on what the next video could be.

Also Dodge didn't use it to launch the Demon, Demon has been out for some time already and known about longer. Shell is just doing the PR many have waited for since the release of the ACR short film.

The Hellcat film wasn't even in the same vein as these last two films and came out a little more than two years ago if I recall correctly. There was no significance on a driver doing task for an unknown handler, nor could it have been understood that there would be a series of short film/commercial from that.

So as I said, what I said prior still stands easily, and if FCA is to feature a vehicle again with Pennzoil short film series it would most likely be the Trackhawk. Your take on it being the widebody, because of the previous cars used is strange, considering I gave a better justification for it being another car maker (even within FCA le gasp) and yet you just ignored it. Just last year they did one with the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Ferrari 488, and the BMW M6. So I can't think of anything Ferrari related being released soon, I already said the Jeep that I think could be used, and BMW has the M8 soon to be released that has been doing extensive testing at "The Ring". This isn't a "Dodge series of video", it's a Pennzoil production so it's hard to see it simply as being just Dodge.

Last edited:
It could be the widebody, or not but if so, they don’t have to make any kind of “record”. They could come up 20 seconds short of the ZL1 and still “win” for the challenger owners and naysayers will think about saying challengers can’t turn corners.

Since you did a ninja edit to your post, I will respond to it and sayy that them going to Ring doesn't have to do anything with a time. The Ring is used as a manufacture time attack as much as it is visual PR to promote cars and products. For example Mercedes used it to launch the AMG GT R. So why you jumped to a defense of dodge supposedly proving themselves, you've only wasted your time because no where do I hint at that.

Also 20 seconds is quite a margin if they were to take say the wide body hellcat and run that short of the ZL1, which isn't even the best performing Camaro (yet). 20 seconds is the difference between a 918 and 911 GT2 RS. So for cars in the same class essentially to be the far apart in this hypothetical scenario would say a lot in a bad way for the Challenger.

Last edited:
Back