The Nurburgring of Japan: Toyota's New Purpose-Built Country Road Test Course

'' but also a conservation project. Roughly 60% of the 1,600-acre site is the original trees and greenery''

As far as conservation projects go I would consider cutting down 40% of the greenery a bit of a failure.

As a humanitarian I only kill 4/10 people I meet!
You're assuming that 100% of the site was trees and greenery to start with? There's certainly a lot of forest around there, but it's definitely not 100% green land.

Toyota has left 59% of the site untouched, with 24% going to buildings and facilities, 1% to the tracks and 16% is new, managed nature areas (13%) and a reservoir (3%). For a £2.1 billion vehicle test facility, using 25% of it for that purpose and allowing 75% to remain natural seems pretty decent.

I hope they didn't replicate Belgian roads. :ouch:
We have a Belgian block road here at Nissan. It was paid for by another manufacture (to be unnamed) to use for their testing but now that they have moved out, we use it.

Nice aerial view from the Toyota Website
002_en.jpg

Based on this image, importing it into CAD and a country road course length stated as 5.3km, then the Eastern Section long straight is approx 2km, with the ends being approx 200 and 220m radius.

Last edited:
W
'' but also a conservation project. Roughly 60% of the 1,600-acre site is the original trees and greenery''

As far as conservation projects go I would consider cutting down 40% of the greenery a bit of a failure.

As a humanitarian I only kill 4/10 people I meet!

Didn't the road already exist?

Nice aerial view from the Toyota Website
002_en.jpg

Based on this image, importing it into CAD and a country road course length stated as 5.3km, then the Eastern Section long straight is approx 2km, with the ends being approx 200 and 220m radius.
So it´s shorter than the nurburgring? The country road part I mean.

I got to go on a tour on this track! It was as a group and we got driven around the track by bus. One of the engineers I believe it was gave a presentation on its development and we could ask questions at the end (in Japanese). I love toyota so this was great. At the time I really was thinking it's like the nurburgring of Japan and was surprised to find so many articles comparing it so.

Back