The "OMG 2.03 and DLC!" thread - DLC Packs Are Live!

• Thread starter ghsnu
  • 1,466 comments
I did last dlc. Would not accept my card details have had to get psn card to save the bother.

Did the psn card work ok?
after looking this problem im having up it seems many people are having the same issues and some say that the psn card doesnt work either

OK - DLC Feedback:

The Track:
It's quite cool - basically a very extended XXL version of Indianapolis.
I was able to preview the track online this morning and funny enough won the race by saving my last slipstream to the last second ^^ as said, drag racers will have to love this track.

The cars:
Of course, you have to love any new premiums added to GT5. It's a bit scary how you can pimp the Beetle by adding spoilers, etc. I have re-purchased the new cars in NCD to pimp them, but leave the original DLC cars intact; you never know ^^

The Speed Test Feature:
Unfortunately, this is only tied to the DLC route X track; would be kind of cool to have this feature for all tracks available; imagine Top Gear Test track with Speed Rankings - could pretty much simulate Top Gear Show rankings ^^

I don't know if the DLC is overpriced; everything relativizes when you smoke cigarettes ...

I'm definately gonna buy the cars, but I'm having reservations about SSRX, and thinking of getting Spa instead. Is SSRX worth the money?

mattythedog
I'm definately gonna buy the cars, but I'm having reservations about SSRX, and thinking of getting Spa instead. Is SSRX worth the money?

Spa is better for racing. As in door to door.

The SSRX is a blast though. I'd work on getting both. ;)

If I had to choose. Spa then SSRX. If you drag race, run ovals then SSRX is the one for you.

Im suprised no one has done a 2.03 disappointment thread yet!

shhhhh-man-70374912.gif

No point to it. The only things 2.03 did wrong are things PD aren't going to fix and are mostly related to the DLC anyway, and everything else I've seen people muttering about are holdovers from previous updates.

TOTALLY SPA over SSRX. I went online yesterday to try out ssrx and it's really totally boring, even with an x1, may be fun if you are a drag racer and drag race in a tiny little chunk of that track but it's just massively huge and boring.

That's good, maybe people finally learned it's pointless.

One small thing I noticed (maybe this was around before 2.03 even) - When I was driving my 1200 around the Ring, using the the chase cam would cause my screen to jump sideways every so often. Hard to explain. :indiff:

No such thing as a little niggle with the car packs. for the price you would expect each car to have an RM version.

Well it was the sam on car pack 2 and the free Toyota GT, to be honest you should be happy with what you have got, because if you are not you have only got yourself to blame for playing it.

Why is there a Nissan Leaf in the DLC? Seriously, why did anyone bother putting this rolling pile of misery in a racing game seeing as how it's completely antithetical to anything a car enthusiast likes? It's FWD, electric, and reinforces the link between "affordable" and "boring". WHY IS IT HERE?

Why is there a Nissan Leaf in the DLC? Seriously, why did anyone bother putting this rolling pile of misery in a racing game seeing as how it's completely antithetical to anything a car enthusiast likes? It's FWD, electric, and reinforces the link between "affordable" and "boring". WHY IS IT HERE?

It's a Nissan.

Nissan + Sony relationship = Lots of Nissan's in the game.

Plus it was the "Car of the Year" in Japan.

Back