The "OMG 2.03 and DLC!" thread - DLC Packs Are Live!

• Thread starter ghsnu
  • 1,466 comments
I'll just leave this here...

nissan-leaf-rc-600.jpg

THAT MUST BE A RACE MOD FOR THE LEAF RIGHT NOW!

No seriously.... Do it PD.

PD/Kaz could (in theory) put the Leaf racing concept in a same class race with the Citroen Survolt and possibly the electric Radical Toyota did.

Well, the Leaf is pretty neat. The interior is not that bad. And I can look at the front without wanting to stab my own eyes over and over gain.

However, the rear end is about the ugliest thing ever produced by mankind, (feces included). What were they thinking? Nissan, seriously...

Regarding the other DLC cars, my absolute favourite so far is the Beetle. I got a blue one, completely stock, and it's fantastic! I could drive that thing for hours and hours...

The Aventador is second, I love the aero customization options, you can make it look quite different depending on what you chose!

Mini Countryman is nice too. The first thing I did with it was to raise the suspension to max, paint the car green and go have a blast at Eiger K Trail.

The Aston looks nice, but I haven't driven it yet.

Same with the Jaguar...

THAT MUST BE A RACE MOD FOR THE LEAF RIGHT NOW!

No seriously.... Do it PD.

I'd love for that to be a racing modification or a standalone TC car, especially if it came with unpainted carbon fibre. :D

As an aside, and this is nothing to do with PD but the electric car industry in general, if you wanted to get people to buy your electric car, would you make it look like this...

Nissan-Leaf-Electric.jpg

or this... :)
lead15-2012-fisker-karma-fd.jpg

I struggle to understand why car makers are pushing the consumer to make a consious style decision so that they can "save the plant" There is no technical reason why an elctric car has to look any different (better or worse) than a petrol or Diesel powered car. If you want people to adopt electric cars, and pay a healthy premium for it I might add, at least get them styled by someone who isn't more used to drawing pictures of Mummy and Daddy with their wax crayons...

As long as they are in addition to regular sports cars, why not? The Leaf may be boring, but the Leaf RC certainly has a place in the game.

No electric car has a place in the game. Also, range issues would prevent it from being used in the longer (endurance) races, which are where the real replay value of the game lies.

Toronado
It's a race car. One that would, in theory, compete quite well with several ones already in the game that are usually underutilized.

I don't see the problem.

Until you get into longer races. It's no fun running short races all the time. Also, electric cars sound annoying and are too politically correct.

As an aside, and this is nothing to do with PD but the electric car industry in general, if you wanted to get people to buy your electric car, would you make it look like this...

Nissan-Leaf-Electric.jpg

or this... :)
lead15-2012-fisker-karma-fd.jpg

I struggle to understand why car makers are pushing the consumer to make a consious style decision so that they can "save the plant" There is no technical reason why an elctric car has to look any different (better or worse) than a petrol or Diesel powered car. If you want people to adopt electric cars, and pay a healthy premium for it I might add, at least get them styled by someone who isn't more used to drawing pictures of Mummy and Daddy with their wax crayons...

There are, however, a few technical reasons why they fail in general.

Last edited:
Pissed off at the DLC price in Australia. What a joke! It's not even their advertised price!

Unfortunately thats how it is for some stupid reason. how much is it actually?

One small thing I noticed (maybe this was around before 2.03 even) - When I was driving my 1200 around the Ring, using the the chase cam would cause my screen to jump sideways every so often. Hard to explain. :indiff:

I noticed this during some b-spec races before 2.03.

There is no technical reason why an elctric car has to look any different (better or worse) than a petrol or Diesel powered car. If you want people to adopt electric cars, and pay a healthy premium for it I might add, at least get them styled by someone who isn't more used to drawing pictures of Mummy and Daddy with their wax crayons...

You do realise that the Leaf is similar in style to the Micra? (which sells great in Europe)

No electric car has a place in the game...

There are, however, a few technical reasons why they fail in general.

They fail in general because they're more expensive to make, more expensive to buy, difficult to recharge when not at home, and have high costs in the medium term when batteries need to be replaced.

None of those reasons are an excuse to make them fugly though

You guys can cry and moan and complain about the electric car, but the fact remains that it will only become a larger and larger segment in the future. But thats just what it is: another automotive car segment. Just like the SUV. Just like the sedan.

No one is forcing you to buy it. If you truly hate the electric car, that's fine. But if you want to be mad about it then be mad at your government. Tax incentives help sales.

Last edited:
White & Nerdy
What's wrong with the world, when so called enthusiasts want electric cars...

Its electric cars that will save your Ferraris and Lamborghinis. That's the logic that Aston Martin are using with the cygnet- IQ thingy.

sumbrownkid
You guys can cry and moan and complain about the electric car, but the fact remains that it only become a larger and larger segment in the future. But thats just what it is, another automotive car segment. Just like the SUV. Just like the sedan.

No one is forcing you to buy it. If you truly hate the electric car, that's fine. But if you want to be mad about it then be mad at your government. Tax incentives help sales.

I think the Nissan Leaf looks cool. It's the only electric car I've saw in real life (twice).
As for the DLC, I love the selection the way it is. Keep up the good work PD and you'll keep bringing in the money! 👍

I think the Nissan Leaf looks cool. It's the only electric car I've saw in real life (twice).
As for the DLC, I love the selection the way it is. Keep up the good work PD and you'll keep bringing in the money! 👍

Indeed. Car Pack 3 was Gran Turismo in a nutshell.👍

Back