The Parity Club - Interest Check and TestingFinished 

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,011 comments
Good to know that old card can run the game so well, my 970 hopefully shouldn't have any problems running the three monitors. They're only 720p @ 60hz so it shouldn't be too demanding.

So, if you wanna get your last dose of parity racing in I'd recommend joining up tonight or Sunday because I'm sure I won't be in GT world much after that.

It sucks to see you go but I wish you the best of luck in the PC world. Things are crazy for me tonight and I have to help a friend move on Sunday so it looks like thats all the parity I'll get. :cheers:

It sucks to see you go but I wish you the best of luck in the PC world. Things are crazy for me tonight and I have to help a friend move on Sunday so it looks like thats all the parity I'll get. :cheers:

Bittersweet, for sure. Racing without Torzilla, well, it won't be the same. :cheers:

Maybe I'll arrange a grand farewell for next weekend or something. Shifter Karts at the Nordschleife or something like that so we can all have one last race together.

So everyone is running to PC land ey?

Well let me welcome you to the land of superior graphics, higher fps, and wondering why non of it to works all of a sudden. :dopey:

Anyway, I may join you guys on the other side depending on how long it will take me to find a new gpu, the HD 5450 in this rig isn't holding up too well... so my sim exploits have been limited to rFactor and GTR2 so far.

But you can't leave B!! They are releasing a safety car by the end of this month! (Sarcasm). Hate to see you go and others for that matter. I've been busy myself and GT6 just hasn't had anything exciting happen for a while now. They keep adding small ,not so great "stuff". Anyways, thanks for all the organized/fun events you created and took the time to do. Enjoyed being a part of them.
:cheers:

Anyway, I may join you guys on the other side depending on how long it will take me to find a new gpu, the HD 5450 in this rig isn't holding up too well... so my sim exploits have been limited to rFactor and GTR2 so far.

If you get it fixed up let me know. I plan on spending a lot of time just driving around and learning things, would be nice to have some familiar faces on track to drive with. 👍

But you can't leave B!! They are releasing a safety car by the end of this month! (Sarcasm). Hate to see you go and others for that matter. I've been busy myself and GT6 just hasn't had anything exciting happen for a while now. They keep adding small ,not so great "stuff". Anyways, thanks for all the organized/fun events you created and took the time to do. Enjoyed being a part of them.
:cheers:

Thanks mate, always made me smile to see you still showing up after all these years, and to see you up front in the parity races. 👍 And yeah, of all the things GT needs a safety car is not one of them. :dunce: :lol:

Here is my contribution to the PC racing world...

View attachment 249960

It will actually run PCars although the weakest part is the graphics card... or rather lack of!
Been thinking of iR, but have to be sure before laying a monthly sub.

What's gonna be the title of choice amongst those moving across?

@KingKlingeling RE that rig picture, I have enough aluminum section in my garage to build two of those (probably)... just no where for it to go though. Very cool though.

That will likely be what I will be doing. My desktop will not handle the stress. I am looking at USB GPUs right now. I will leave a message if I find anything good. If you guys are going; I'm going! But I will do my best to jump back and forth for as long as possible. Many of the people (this entire club for sure), I've met here are too cool to just let go.

@BrandonW77 as I race this seasonal, it gives me the idea. What do you guys think of a Ferrari Challenge for an upcoming series? I know MRs are tough to tune, but they do have some FRs and I would be glad to share any of my MR tunes. Including my F40. Not perfect, but maybe as close as you can get without all aids on.

@BrandonW77 as I race this seasonal, it gives me the idea. What do you guys think of a Ferrari Challenge for an upcoming series? I know MRs are tough to tune, but they do have some FRs and I would be glad to share any of my MR tunes. Including my F40. Not perfect, but maybe as close as you can get without all aids on.

That's what we did before this group. And since I'm getting the PC I probably won't be hosting anymore GT races.

The room is open for practice. Racing will begin around 7:30 EST.

That's what we did before this group. And since I'm getting the PC I probably won't be hosting anymore GT races.

The room is open for practice. Racing will begin around 7:30 EST.

Ah... I see, said the blind man. Well, I will find you guys there. As for tonight, I will see you guys shortly.

Sigh this is not what I wanted to happen. To meet you great guys and to lose you because of the PC. I simply do not have the assets or the desire to convert to PC. I'm going to college in less than two years and to make an expensive racing setup at this time in my life doesn't seem like a great idea. There are other things I need my money for such as an actual car and not our virtual cars that cost 100,000 cr and are still much easier to acquire than some junky used car that costs less than $5,000. Anyway I'm sad to see you guys go because you guys have brought me hours of joy and I will remember them for a long time. Hopefully gt7 will have competitive ai so at least I can entertain myself. I'm sure I can find other clubs but I at one time had participated in a bunch of clubs at the same time and now there's only one club left. :( I bid you guys good luck though

I can't blame anyone for leaving to try different things. I hope you guys enjoy it. For me, I don't derive enough enjoyment from virtual racing to make any kind of investment in it for the future. I will probably stop racing, except for the odd time. So for me, it makes no sense. I will sorely miss this club of course, it's pretty much the only racing I do now. And it provided some of the best racing I have ever had.

I hope the future brings you what you guys desire.

I'm still split on the whole thing... my main area of gameplay will still be GT6 purely because of time and money.
The laptop I use appears to be able to handle the basics (low visual settings etc) of PCARS, but as a long term thing its not what I shall be using. It gives me a taste of the game and tbh I'm not really blown away by it!
I'm sure having the right kit would help improve this, but this will not be coming anytime soon.

My ideal plan would be in this order...
Triple screen setup with GT6,
Purchase PS4
Convert triple screen PS3 rig to PC

So to @BrandonW77 , @KingKlingeling , @kHamcio and others I wish you a fond farewell, and best of luck and enjoyment.

Until our paths once again meet :cheers:

I'm still split on the whole thing... my main area of gameplay will still be GT6 purely because of time and money.
The laptop I use appears to be able to handle the basics (low visual settings etc) of PCARS, but as a long term thing its not what I shall be using. It gives me a taste of the game and tbh I'm not really blown away by it!
I'm sure having the right kit would help improve this, but this will not be coming anytime soon.

My ideal plan would be in this order...
Triple screen setup with GT6,
Purchase PS4
Convert triple screen PS3 rig to PC

So to @BrandonW77 , @KingKlingeling , @kHamcio and others I wish you a fond farewell, and best of luck and enjoyment.

Until our paths once again meet :cheers:

You make me has a sad. :( Perhaps I'll hang around for a bit and do some kart races, I don't think any of these games have karts and I enjoy them enough I could make a weekly GT appearance for them. I'm ready for new games, but not ready to give up racing with this group. Perhaps Sundays at our normal time slot?

Oh, and I wouldn't worry about triple screens for GT6, not worth it in my opinion and it doesn't totally work properly (no skid marks or smoke in side monitors and a few other :odd: anomalies). But perhaps used PS3's are cheap enough now to make it a little more worth it.

I can't afford it either :D
but I got no other hobbbys ( Will sell my motorcycle during the winter)
and I'm gonna eat dry toast during the next year :D

I really can't either but in order to keep my hobby alive I felt it was necessary. Seeing as this is my only hobby (besides napping and drinking) I felt it was worth the investment and it will keep me entertained for many moons. Thank god for credit cards (and PB&J)! :D

Would anyone be interested in racing shifter karts on Sunday afternoons/evenings (3:30pm EST) for the next few weeks?

Last edited:
Would anyone be interested in racing shifter karts on Sunday afternoons/evenings (3:30pm EST) for the next few weeks?

I'm interested, for sure!

Also, I will still stick to the GT6, too - there is still tons of fun there for me, thanks to You guys! :)

I will still race in @BrandonW77's leagues and single races/clubs of the other members and @WarriusZero's Zero Cup, which is just perfect, like Your Ferrari Fest and Parity Club! :cheers:

@BrandonW77 Yeah I could do some kart racing, it could be a good back to basic's training experiance!
And that's abit disappointing to heat about the triple screens... do you race with the in car view?, does it make any difference as the views are more filled with interior than exterior!?

@KingKlingeling what bike do you have... I would expect a young man as yourself to not be suffering from such a discomfort! ;) you should still have many years of riding left in you.
This however is some of my downfall, I probably have too many hobbies...

I have two motorbikes that are waiting for me to rebuild them, an old E36 waiting for me to finish track preparations (actually just starting would even be an improvement), several musical instruments, and of course my gaming... then of course there is the distraction of work, kids and the wife :boggled:

I envy some of you guys somewhat... but I'm happy still. :D

@BrandonW77 Yeah I could do some kart racing, it could be a good back to basic's training experiance!
And that's abit disappointing to heat about the triple screens... do you race with the in car view?, does it make any difference as the views are more filled with interior than exterior!?

They work, but in GT5 the smoke/dust effects and tire marks spread across all screens. In GT6 they do not and never have. Strange things can happen with track objects too, like when you pass a cone once it crosses to the side monitor it will suddenly appear in a different location. Other than that it all works fine regardless of view (I switch between interior and "bumper" cam). But this late into the game, with participation continuing to dwindle and a useless offline mode, I don't think it would be worth the investment. But if you can get it done on the cheap it would be fun. I love them, completely changes the experience in a massive way, I just wouldn't recommend it to anyone for GT6 at this point because I don't think you'll get as much use/enjoyment out of them as I did.

@hobbsy , I own a 2004 ZX10R , tuned in every possible way.
I bought It nearly 10years ago and instandly began to modify it.
every cent I earned during 5 vacations at some nice places abroad ( 8 years on duty in the german army),went straight into it.
theres nothing left to do on the bike and i'm kind of bored it.
I add a picture and tomorrow I post another one with a piece of paper with my Gtp-name on it, if needed ( don't wanna end up in the famous ludicrous claim thread :lol:)

image.jpg

@hobbsy , I own a 2004 ZX10R , tuned in every possible way.
I bought It nearly 10years ago and instandly began to modify it.
every cent I earned during 5 vacations at some nice places abroad ( 8 years on duty in the german army),went straight into it.
theres nothing left to do on the bike and i'm kind of bored it.
I add a picture and tomorrow I post another one with a piece of paper with my Gtp-name on it, if needed ( don't wanna end up in the famous ludicrous claim thread :lol:)

View attachment 250512

That's sweet.. very nice dude.

I had a Vulcan 950 a few years ago. Some idiot turned in front of me, I hit the brakes and high-sided. I hit the road at about 50mph and slid/tumbled about 50 meters. Luckily I had full protective gear on, I was banged up pretty bad but nothing serious. Bike was totaled. I currently have no desire to ride one on public roads again. But the insurance money for the bike is what bought my multi-monitor setup.

Latest Posts

Back