The Parity Club - Interest Check and TestingFinished 

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,011 comments
It will be a cold day in hell before I go back to pc... But I wish all of you making the transition all the best 👍

I am having less and less time for racing recently but I it was good to know races were there if I could make it. Only 2 weekly races like that anymore... Z8CC and Zero Cup.

As a side note, on my work computer I still have a picture of me and hobbsy battling in S2k and Opel at London. It was my first online race in gtp, I believe and where I met many of you :)

It's been a great year :gtpflag:

Last edited:
I'd like to see that 👍... I could very well have the replay saved too!

Does this work?

I lost all my old replays in the summer. I thought I would erase the game data (not save data) to fix some problems I was having and doing so removed all the replays and images I hadn't moved to PS3 library... :indiff:

Would anyone be interested in racing shifter karts on Sunday afternoons/evenings (3:30pm EST) for the next few weeks?

Of course I'll be there.

I will still be here as often as possible. Time does seem to be the next largest issue besides money. And the systems are getting cheaper. I remember when my friend bought a Dell XPS whose specs where not on par with Brandon's set up and it cost him nearly $1,500.00 US. So we've come a long way, and have a lot further to go. I suspect we will all be together again, sooner than you think.

I do believe this gives me my answer and is the death knell for the PS4 however. GT7 will have to be pretty badass to convince me to take a step back.

I would also welcome any of you who are around on Saturdays at 8PM EST (UTC -0500) to come check us out. We have a pretty good time.

Ah it was one of the ones I snapped. Good times, must have been a long time ago if you were beating me :P... Jk :sly:

Admittedly over the past couple of days I've looked closer at PCs than I have in years. I hate computers. Hate 'em. That's kept me out of them a bit, as well I dont even know where to start at this point.

I already have a PS4, but thats mostly for GTA V and War Thunder, which has gotten me back into flight sims(albeit this is a combat sim, which is only midly appealing to me). Seeing that my rig is now obsolete for PS4(it appears logitech will not be supported on PS4 for any software including GT7) I have a new interest in a multi purpose flight and racing rig.

In the meantime if I'm available, I may frequent your karting rooms.

Admittedly over the past couple of days I've looked closer at PCs than I have in years. I hate computers. Hate 'em. That's kept me out of them a bit, as well I dont even know where to start at this point.

I already have a PS4, but thats mostly for GTA V and War Thunder, which has gotten me back into flight sims(albeit this is a combat sim, which is only midly appealing to me). Seeing that my rig is now obsolete for PS4(it appears logitech will not be supported on PS4 for any software including GT7) I have a new interest in a multi purpose flight and racing rig.

In the meantime if I'm available, I may frequent your karting rooms.

I'm going to be looking into some flight sims eventually too. Several years ago I had a computer that could somewhat run Flight Simulator X and I enjoyed the heck out of it. I'm sure they've got some rather good ones out there by now, and I wouldn't mind trying a combat flight sim as well.

@r34love I've heard from a friend of mine who has a dell and he says its overpriced garbage. Having poor performance and reliability. @BrandonW77 I actually happen to play war thunder on the PC. :lol: It's a fun game but it can be frustrating at times. I wouldn't mind squadding up with you. It would be fun. The game also has tank as well. Your new computer shouldn't have any trouble at all running the game because run it at reasonable speeds and all I'm using is a laptop not at all designed for gaming. Oh I forgot to mention the game is free and its connected through steam so you would need to install that before you could get the game. Steam is also free and there are also a whole bunch of games you can get on steam.

@BrandonW77 I actually happen to play war thunder on the PC. :lol: It's a fun game but it can be frustrating at times. I wouldn't mind squadding up with you. It would be fun. The game also has tank as well. Your new computer shouldn't have any trouble at all running the game because run it at reasonable speeds and all I'm using is a laptop not at all designed for gaming. Oh I forgot to mention the game is free and its connected through steam so you would need to install that before you could get the game. Steam is also free and there are also a whole bunch of games you can get on steam.

I got Steam installed last night but haven't done anything with it yet. If it's free I'll certainly check it out. At one time I had a flight joystick somewhere, I'll have to see if I can find it. Gotta have a joystick for a flight sim! (That's actually what made me get Flight Simulator X, someone gave me a pretty nice joystick so I needed something to use it on). I still have some setup to do on the PC, hope to have everything up and running by tonight but I don't have a whole lot of time to mess with it at the moment. For sure by this weekend.

I'm on War Thunder on PS4 but the servers are cross platform. I'm usually one of maybe two people on PS4 when I'm in a battle. I'm pretty laid back(read:lazy) so I tend to fly bombers a lot. When I first started I used to hang out in the Arcade stuff but I'm currently on a DS4 controller which puts you at a significant disadvantage over the mousers in Arcade. I tend to mostly do the Realistic and Sim battles where I'm disadvantaged to those with a rig and yolk/stick, but I have more fun with the more proper physics in those modes. You'll find me chuggin along at 110kt and 14k ft in a seaplane most of the time.

My first interest in computers/gaming was flight sims. I still have inverted look programmed into my brain for life, so whenever friends play any of my games I always have to reset the controIs. I think when I last played Win Flight Sim 97 or 98 was the current version. I had a yolk and pedals and used to cruise around on long trips. Thats where my distaste for Thrustmaster originates, as everything they built at the time fell apart in minutes haha. I'm a GA user most of all, so War Thunder isn't really my ideal but it was something free and fun to play with the PS4 until GTA V comes out. I've never cared for combat stuff(flight or otherwise) but the program is versatile enough I can still have fun. Plus when I've got good cover the bomber runs are sort of like a GA flight with a few moments on the sight at the end. The greatest challenge can often be not ripping the plane apart rushing back for another bomb load haha. Just beware that because of the game's slow progression(grind) there are often a lot of skilled players on much better equipment(planes/armament) squatting in the low level battles. That can be frustrating if you're bothered by folks killing you. As well, I spend a bit of time in research just cruising in planes I haven't unlocked with sim physics/controls.

I need to take some time and just bite the bullet and get a PC. Certainly can free up some funds selling my spare wheels that will not be functional with PS4. I also need to look into the current sims, but I don't think much has happened there in years. Microsoft stopped supporting Flight Sim a while back I believe, and given the public's hatred for anyone learning to fly these days there has been a bit of a backlash against flight sims in the past decade slowing the genre's progress. There isn't as much out there as one would suspect in 2014, but I believe there are a couple of open source sims that are very good like Flight Gear. The whole discussion has me lookin at yolks and sticks again, however, and at minimum I'll probably order a stick for War Thunder tonite.

Cross comparability?! That's awesome! I wasn't aware that it was cross compatible. We should all just start playing war thunder and start squadding up with each other on the game and destroy planes together! :P

Has no one played Birds Of Steel, Birds Of Prey on PS3, they are from same company:)

I use a Thrustmaster joystick, haven't any complaints feels good:)

Has no one played Birds Of Steel, Birds Of Prey on PS3, they are from same company:)

I use a Thrustmaster joystick, haven't any complaints feels good:)
I have not. What kind of sim is it? It's sounds like a combat sim but from what time period is the game taking place in?

Yes thats right daddy and Brandon:tup: There a Russian company, they really didn't advertise, Birds Of Steel, so a lot of people didn't get to know.

Sorry I can't make tomorrow's race because I'm going out:(:nervous:

I'll be there tonight, however I have not had any time to test cars and circuit... would be happy to do karts although im not sure I'll be any good in these either lol

@KingKlingeling are you setting up triple screens too?

yes, finally :D
after years of putting my rubbish Laptop on my rig for Iracing , I bought a PC on thursday+ 2 additional monitors :D
I just have to build a proper screen mount and I'm ready :cheers:

What spec was your laptop, and how well did it run iRacing?

It's a game I would like to try but the subs put me off, especially as i've never had a decent machine to run any PC games... My Works laptop is quite a powerful unit with the exception of the graphics capability! It runs Project CARS albeit at the lowest settings (but have not tried to push the limits yet!)

Just wondered what your thoughts are on it?

cheers

Edit: Ah screw it... just checked the iRacing website, and they have 50% off new subscriptions I'll give the 1 month option a go ($6) and see how the laptop gets on! 👍

Last edited:
Back