The Parity Club - Interest Check and TestingFinished 

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,011 comments
That moment you wake up on Monday morning.... and realise,

NO MORE PARITY!

forever-alone.gif

Thanks for the races @BrandonW77, and to all the Racers that made them fun. 👍

Farewell all, until once again the rubber meets the road...

Last one out turn off the lights, Hobbsy signing off.

That moment you wake up on Monday morning.... and realise,

NO MORE PARITY!

forever-alone.gif

Thanks for the races @BrandonW77, and to all the Racers that made them fun. 👍

Farewell all, until once again the rubber meets the road...

Last one out turn off the lights, Hobbsy signing off.

Yes this, huge thanks to Brandon for setting up races and series for years, all the way back to the Capp Cup in GT5.:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Well, the PC had a faulty video card and it's going back today to get repaired/replaced. So I'll be hanging out in GT for a little while longer. The PC would work intermittently but would eventually lock up or the display would freeze. I could occasionally get a car on track in iRacing or Race Room Experience and drive around under practice mode but once I'd leave the track it would lock up and I wouldn't be able to get back. The driving experience is very nice in both, the sound is incredible and it's amazing what a difference that alone makes.

The good news, neither of them feel so drastically different to GT that I had a hard time jumping back in. Also, my tv's are only 60hz so the games are only showing 60fps which is roughly the same as GT so that also made it easier to come back to GT. I've always heard that the physics and graphics/frame rate were so superior in PC sims that it made it difficult to come back to GT, but it's not as bad as I feared. So, GT may still have some life left for me. Especially the karts, they have a unique enough feel to them that it's fairly easy to jump back into them.

I've been having fun racing karts in a couple public rooms, the racing and crowds have been good. So, I'm going to whip up a Sunday Karting Club so we can all still get together for weekly racing. I'll probably run it in a public room to start so we can get some bigger grids, if it becomes popular I can move it private. Don't worry, I'll rule with an iron fist and Random shenanigans won't be tolerated. I know karts aren't everybody's favorite, but they're very easy to jump into and because they're so even and have relatively limited top speeds they seem to keep the group fairly close and the competition is good.

I'll try to get a new thread slapped together today or tomorrow and probably have some rooms open this week. We'll keep Sunday as the regular day for racing but I'll probably open rooms randomly through the week too, and might even do some one-make races with the other courtesy cars as well.

I've been in a few really good kart rooms over the past couple weeks and I have go kart fever, I'm there.

I've been having fun racing karts in a couple public rooms, the racing and crowds have been good. So, I'm going to whip up a Sunday Karting Club so we can all still get together for weekly racing. I'll probably run it in a public room to start so we can get some bigger grids, if it becomes popular I can move it private. Don't worry, I'll rule with an iron fist and Random shenanigans won't be tolerated. I know karts aren't everybody's favorite, but they're very easy to jump into and because they're so even and have relatively limited top speeds they seem to keep the group fairly close and the competition is good.

I'll try to get a new thread slapped together today or tomorrow and probably have some rooms open this week. We'll keep Sunday as the regular day for racing but I'll probably open rooms randomly through the week too, and might even do some one-make races with the other courtesy cars as well.

It is unfortunate to hear of your CPU troubles, but hopefully good is made upon the purchase and everything is fixed promptly.

Thank you for letting me join in your final race yesterday. It's been a while and it was fun to knock some of the rust off with the karts. If I'm available in future I'll try and join you folks when there is racing going on.

I
It is unfortunate to hear of your CPU troubles, but hopefully good is made upon the purchase and everything is fixed promptly.

Thank you for letting me join in your final race yesterday. It's been a while and it was fun to knock some of the rust off with the karts. If I'm available in future I'll try and join you folks when there is racing going on.

I'd hate to race you when your a well oiled machine!!! :scared: ;)

I'd hate to race you when your a well oiled machine!!! :scared: ;)

Haha nah, I just haven't logged more than 30 minutes of seat time on GT6(or any sim) since 2013. Karts are such that it comes back quickly, which is why I dropped a lot of time in just a few laps of practice.

I'll probably try to open a karting room this evening if anyone's interested.

I may drop in if I'm round when you're on. I'll keep an eye out.

:cheers: Brandon

If you'r missing or are looking around for Parity events still, but also like the idea of running GT6 A-spec online, earning credits so you can purchase your next car have a look at the below thread.

Events are based around the Parity Formula and have produced some great close racing with a large variety of cars on the grid, race for run or compete for the Cup or overall win.

WRS/3D3 Career Championship

:cheers: Brandon

If you'r missing or are looking around for Parity events still, but also like the idea of running GT6 A-spec online, earning credits so you can purchase your next car have a look at the below thread.

Events are based around the Parity Formula and have produced some great close racing with a large variety of cars on the grid, race for run or compete for the Cup or overall win.

WRS/3D3 Career Championship
Sorry bud. Brandon's been long gone. He's moved onto the PC world I'm afraid. :guilty:

Sorry bud. Brandon's been long gone. He's moved onto the PC world I'm afraid. :guilty:

Yep I know, it was just to see if anyone fancied any more parity races :), were running two rooms normally and a few more would give us two full rooms and you know parity racing is fun.
Plus its GT6 A-spec but online :)

Hi @hasslemoff, thanks for the heads up on this thread. I would very much like to get racing again among a like minded group, this looks very interesting And certainly has had the effort put in to ensure everything is well planned out.

Not sure I can make this Sunday, but I'll certainly look further into it for future races.

Do you have a club in the community area?

Hope to catch up soon, and get on track again.

Hi @hasslemoff

Do you have a club in the community area?

Yes its by invitation only though.

As its part or the WRS you need to send a replay to Fetchy, this is so your PSN is register'd (no need for GTP tag use your current PSN) and it's a great help behind the scenes and it lets you run any of the WRS events from TT's to 2.4 multi class enduro's.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-registration-gt6-new-members-start-here.313756/

Then the invitation will be sorted and there is normally a practice room open nearly everyday.

After this Sunday there is a couple of weeks break the next events will be after mid march but you are free to join the practice rooms to get an idea of how it's all setup for the career mode.

We've been running multiple rooms or full rooms and the variety of cars has been great.

Here's a highlight video from one of the rooms for the 500p clubman cup.

Back