The Political Cartoon/Image/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 12,855 comments
Shouldn't that say "Washington Post Lower Your Expectations"? Why is this tied to the executive? That seems... arbitrary.

Do we really think that the US president can or even should solve supply problems in various countries?
Yeah I don't get that either. It's like these signs conservatives keep coming up with like "Don't blame me I voted for Trump". Any and I mean ANY US president can't just snap their fingers and fix GLOBAL supply issues. I'm anticipating T Rump at one of his rallies to say, "I can fix this on my first day back in office" or some other idiotic thing he comes up with.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't get that either. It's like these signs conservatives keep coming up with like "Don't blame me I voted for Trump". Any and I mean ANY US president can't just snap their fingers and fix GLOBAL supply issues. I'm anticipating T Rump at one of his rallies to say, "I can fix this on my first day back in office" or some other idiotic thing he comes up with.
For people who claim to want ‘small government,’ Republicans seem awfully keen on wanting the government to have a bigger hand when events such as these happen.

I'm anticipating T Rump at one of his rallies to say, "I can fix this on my first day back in office" or some other idiotic thing he comes up with.
That would require him to officially announce another run. The closest he gets to that is by claiming, "and we will make America great again" at the end of all his rallies. Otherwise, the rallies are nothing more than the same tired script done for money & to feed his ego.

FCGjtCGX0AIlolQ.jpg

Get me Joe McCarthy and HUAC.
Proud Of You Reaction GIF

Shouldn't that say "Washington Post Lower Your Expectations"? Why is this tied to the executive? That seems... arbitrary.

Do we really think that the US president can or even should solve supply problems in various countries?
It's not rational. It's emotional.

This gave me a chuckle:

I'm anticipating [Trump] at one of his rallies to say, "I can fix this on my first day back in office" or some other idiotic thing he comes up with.
How? Tariffs! If they don't swiftly and fully relinquish their goods unto us, we'll tax the ever-living **** out of what they do send. It can't fail.
For people who claim to want ‘small government,’ Republicans seem awfully keen on wanting the government to have a bigger hand when events such as these happen.
Screenshot-20211012-161345-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Tell people you want your house teepeed and egged without actually telling people you want your house teepeed and egged.

I gather this is a reference to Brittany Poolaw, an Oklahoma woman who was convicted and sentenced to four years in prison for misdemeanor manslaughter (a felony, despite its name, when an individual dies as the result of the commission or attempted commission of a misdemeanor) when she miscarried. Prosecution determined that the miscarriage was the result of drug use, though the medical examiner's report listed no cause for the miscarriage and examiner testimony provided it could have been the result of genetic abnormality or placenta abruption, and possession of methamphetamine (the substance in question) and state law prohibits prosecution in miscarriages unless the expectant mother committed a crime that directly caused the death, which misdemeanor possession can't reasonably be said to have done and use isn't criminalized.

Back