The Political Cartoon/Image/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 12,875 comments
I assumed Dom was being sarcastic because they’ve been using DEI when a minority was involved, but in that instance, the person was white.

He normally posts right wing takes instead of sarcasm so I didn't.

rob-lee.jpg

There's already a Pokemon inspired by Trump's look.

250px-0735Gumshoos.png
I’m not sure if it was really 100% confirmed that Gumshoos was inspired by Trump, even if the resemblance is indeed uncanny otherwise. I recall that GameFreak was even asked about it in an interview once.

Fun fact: Gumshoos and its pre-evolution, Yungoos, are based on invasive mongoose that were intoduced to Hawaii in at attempt to control the similarly-invasive rat population. But the mongooses were diurnal while the rats were nocturnal, so the mongooses became an ecological problem in their own right. Indeed, in the games set in the Alola region - modeled on the Hawaiian islands - the Alolan forms of Rattata and Raticate are nocturnal, as well.

Last edited:
I’m not sure if it was really 100% confirmed that Gumshoos was inspired by Trump, even if the resemblance is indeed uncanny otherwise. I recall that GameFreak was even asked about it in an interview once.

Fun fact: Gumshoos and its pre-evolution, Yungoos, are based on invasive mongoose that were intoduced to Hawaii in at attempt to control the similarly-invasive rat population. But the mongooses were diurnal while the rats were nocturnal, so the mongooses became an ecological problem in their own right. Indeed, in the games set in the Alola region - modeled on the Hawaiian islands - the Alolan forms of Rattata and Raticate are nocturnal, as well.
He wasn't based on Trump. From an interview conducted as the game released:

Game Informer: Is Yungoos/Gumshoos modeled after Donald Trump?

Junichi Masuda:
It’s a very American-centric question I think, and actually a lot of people sent me comparison photos on Twitter pointing out the resemblance. But we had started the design of this Pokémon a long time back, and we didn’t have any intention to make it look like Donald Trump.
https://www.gameinformer.com/b/feat...rning-questions-for-pokemon-sun-and-moon.aspx

Seems a bit bold to assume he even knows those two, especially the latter.
Nah. His kids are still sort of within the age range that they MAY have played Pokemon growing up. He may understand the first 2 as they are all the first release.

Oh no he could never get a Slinky. Risk of strangulation too great.
You can definitely forget this. Strangulation risk plus losing an eye or eyes risk.

EDIT: I forgot about the hole in the handle. Risk of a splinter in a certain sensitive area.

51+r95YwW1L - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Back