The Porsche Club

  • Thread starter Thread starter bengee
  • 126 comments
  • 6,720 views
Hey I also hooked up the Ruf Club too. Check them out.

So what y'all non European GTP'rs know about this? 993 GT2. *insert maniacal laugh* :lol: :lol:
 

Attachments

  • 993 gt2.jpg
    993 gt2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 94
Ive got a road test in one of my old cars mags of a porsche that looks just like that - except it is an 993 RS
 
Man the 993 is the last real 911...and the gt2 and gt1 are so hard to find pics of... that is my absolute favorite porsche... :drool:
 
i have a few high res 959 pics and moby dick pics i would like to post too... lets save them for later... hehe
 
ooooooooooooooooooooooooh, 959?.......:drool: I NEED 959 Pics.

Speaking of 959, did you know (I bet you did) that the 959 can be made US legal? Can't remember the company name, but I have the magazine. They are upgraded to US Spec and are 600bhp instead of 450. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: very awesome.
 
yes... i did... and did you know that bill gates bought and crash tested several of the 200 made so he could own one... that bastard

First of all he doesnt deserve any of the money he made and he certainly doesnt deserve to destroy or hurt any 959's...
 
I don't know, I wish I was in his position. I could put his billions to use....:trouble:

*edit* When I get rich (and I will, one way or the other) I think I'm going to buy rare cars, which people have an inclination to buy, now that their not made, and strip them down and make replicas. Maybe, I'll make them so they meet DOT standards, but I'm going to make them. :trouble: *insert maniacal laugh here*
 
my bad man, I didn't even look at the front bumper, and at first glance, it looked like this...


*edit*well, that didn't work.
 
here we go
 

Attachments

  • 996 turbo roock.jpg
    996 turbo roock.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 102
You in this too rotch???

when i get back i will post some 959
 
Ooh.

count me in.

Can't go wrong with the carrera GT :D :drool:

MSRP: $440,000
0-60 - 3.9sec
Engine: V-10 twin turbo packed into a 6 speed manual.
 

Attachments

  • icon3_800x600.jpg
    icon3_800x600.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 93
mmmmmmmm....someone needs to find a picture of the GT in black. Pleeeeease????!!!
 
When did you people take pics of all my cars? Oh and the Carrera GT isn't a twinturbo. Its a 605hp NA V-10. Trust me..I own one....well..I lied.....:(
 
porsche_996gt2_si_sw_2001_2501_03_21.jpg
(996 GT2)
Love the front............

gt2darr.jpg
(996 GT2)
Respect the end!!!

X006918C.jpg

the 911 (993) Turbo
 
Hey guys, I'm kind of a Porsche fan myself, been growing up riding in Porsches my dad drove for quite some time. Anyways I've been trying to figure out what type of 911 Turbo that my dad drove once, it was really cool, white exterior with red leather interior, the A/C was taken out(it was so damn hot because it was in Hong Kong!). I think it had a carburetor too but I'm not sure, I thought that was the case because when you started the car you had to be stepping on the gas pedal or else it wouldn't work. Can anyone tell me what type of 911 it is? I'm leaning towards a 964, but I remember that the rear spoiler didn't have the black lining thing on it.
 
well... to me it sounds like your dad definitely had a carrera rather than a turbo because all modern turboes have a wing (whale or duck tale) with rubber... However if it has a wing and doesnt have any rubber i would think its a carrera 2.7 rs from back in the day :drool: or a 930... really it depends on the year in which it was purchased... this is the easiest way to tell...

whoops didnt see you said turbo
 
it's probably better to do a search on 911 turbo and find a picture that best looks like the car you're talking about.

but, since I'm nice, I'll post up one of each.

Here's a 930 Turbo...
 

Attachments

  • 930.jpg
    930.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 67
And just because I like them, a 996 Turbo...

*edit* BTW, I'm assuming that you think you had a turbo because of the whooshing sound it made....?
 

Attachments

  • 996 turbo.jpg
    996 turbo.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 66
found this one on the int... post my better ones later

just look at how sweet this car is... and so ahead of its time

:drool:
 

Attachments

  • 959_2.jpg
    959_2.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 67
it's definately sweet indeed, what would it be like being pushed forward by 450 BHP's coming from the rear.....

198 MPH
0-60 MPH in 3.6 sec
1/4 Mile in 11.8 sec at 119MPH

9592.jpg
 
Back