The Porsche Thread

• Thread starter FosterG
  • 30 comments
WIP
1958 Porsche 356A Speedster Race Car Chassis No_ 84333 presented as ___.jpg
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_GetPhoto(55).jpg
1958 Porsche 356A Speedster Race Car Chassis No_ 84333 presented as ___(1).jpg

Porsche. There is no substitute.

There really isn't.

Driving the 996 I really can't believe just how good the Porsche driving experience feels with proper physics. How your own ability to put together corner entry, mid-corner and exit determines whether the front or rear leads the car on the way out. How the traction advantage of Rear-Rear means even second gear acceleration still finds ultimate traction and not tyre slip. If you do want that, you better get that tail mobile under braking and certainly don't throw on excess throttle once the tyres are lit, because it will bite you.

I couldn't be happier.

These cars make me push the limits more than any other cars in the game. As you pointed out, grip or drift. It's my call on what I want it to do. All those shots are the same corner. I threw the car in there. Controlled grip and drift. The steering was precise and I wasn't scared where I would end up. Where I pointed and applied throttle, is where I went. Incredible. I'll get to the 996 and 991 soon. Just not right now. :)

I think this video is relevant, even if the 904 aka Carrera GTS isn't in the game.

The way Walter Roehrl throws that car around the track is exactly how I drive the 718. Just drift the tail out a little bit and it will fly around corners.

I fondly remember watching that once before. I'm meant to be pressure washing the back yard, but to heck with it. It can wait whilst I watch it again!

That has to be one of that neatest mid-engined cars of all time. No fuss or excess. It's like an infinitely cooler Dino.

I am absolutely in love with the 718. This is easily my favorite car in the game now. It almost makes me forget we didn't get the '73 2.7.

Here I am racing a Maserati Tipo 61 at Watkins Glen. I like this shot because it's a couple of contemporaneous sports cars, a sight you might have seen for real back in 1960 or 1961.

And now for a little painting. I'm not 100% sold on it. I might change the green to white.

I'm really liking that GT3 RS paint job. I couldn't find a good one on the design store (or whatever it's called).
Really? It didn't take me long to find this one, I just searched "RS" under the description and this showed up after a bit of scrolling.

Really? It didn't take me long to find this one, I just searched "RS" under the description and this showed up after a bit of scrolling.
I haven't checked in a while, but I'm sure some better ones have popped up since. The ones I saw weren't very good looking or the colors were off, things like that.

Back