The Project CARS Photo Pron Thread

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,228 comments
Lots of great shots still coming in here all, well done :eek:
@torque99 lovely set as usual 👍 I'm close to getting some more shots up, but recently becoming a grandad (:D
:D:D:D:D) has had a slight impact on my free time. Not complaining though, family comes #1 :bowdown:

@doblocruiser @c_14S6 welcome to the pCARS club have fun 👍
@doblocruiser looking forward to seeing some of your pCARS shots in here and your Flickr, when you're more settled into the game 👍

ps.....Craig, I didn't realise you were a Battlefield player! I need to get a FR over to you so we can squad up some time 👍

Tried photomode briefly this morning but it is very limited and a bit clumsy to use. Camera movement seems restricted?! Also the sliders are very very slow and practically unusable in the state in which they are in. I need some practice to get a bit more used to it. There is a nice selection of filters.

MPJID1Z1TWMAAARVA_

MPJIDM91TWMAAARVA_
Nice start 👍
Yes the photomode is a bit lacking, especially the sliders and camera movement. You can, however, plug in a USB keyboard to your PS4, then if you press CTRL, ALT + K you will gain much greater camera freedom and movement. More info on that can be found here

:cheers:

@doblocruiser ^^Great pics and frames..:cheers:

You also get the top cropped off in the photomode so most people use the replays and camera angles as you can go lower easier. The whole UI in Pcars is badly designed in my opinion.

I maybe thinking of the wrong photomode (on too many!) but I'm sure you can rotate the camera right round isn't it the R1 & R2 Buttons if not I will have a look when on there next 👍

Is there an option to turn the camera diagonal?
Yes, using the keyboard method above. I should point out that you can only use the keyboard in replay and not photomode. Also the first default "TV" style replay will not allow keyboad use, but all others (chase -bonnet - bumper - cockpit - helmet etc) will let you use the keyboard 👍
^^Great pics and frames
Agreed :drool:
You also get the top cropped off in the photomode so most people use the replays and camera angles as you can go lower easier. The whole UI in Pcars is badly designed in my opinion.
Yes this one is really annoying although I dont think it happens as often as it used to?

Lots of great shots still coming in here all, well done :eek:
@torque99 lovely set as usual 👍 I'm close to getting some more shots up, but recently becoming a grandad (:D
:D:D:D:D) has had a slight impact on my free time. Not complaining though, family comes #1 :bowdown:

Agreed and congrats on becoming a Grandad - grand kids are the best, I've got two myself. :)

I maybe thinking of the wrong photomode (on too many!) but I'm sure you can rotate the camera right round isn't it the R1 & R2 Buttons if not I will have a look when on there next 👍

Also agreed - great pics @doblocruiser! 👍
The image corruption when using photomode is a real pain - funny thing is the images are fine when viewed on the PS4 it's only when exporting them that they get screwed up. :odd: I often just cut and paste the bits off the top back to the correct photo where I can to fix them up.

You can fix that garbage at the top of the file by taking the photo a second time though (at least you can on PS4). Worth it when you can't be bothered connecting the keyboard. A Bluetooth keyboard works as well for those newcomers.

This one was taken using the full photomode but the second press of the take photo button.

13217579_882444688544671_5407990359402213537_o.jpg

This one was taken with only a first press (banding at the top). I forgot to take 2 photos. (Bum)

13217198_882444831877990_69430440690233154_o.jpg

Finally here's the cropped version (but still with errors I've made even worse top left)

13227291_882476715208135_7541304816189970213_o.jpg

Last edited:
Great shots ^^ @JohnScoonsBeard I wish I knew that before it would have saved me hours of fiddling/cropping the right photos..I will give that a go soon..thanks for the tip..any tips on making the sliders move in less than 1-2 mins of holding them ;)

Back