The PS VITA Thread - New '2000' Model

• Thread starter Robin
  • 680 comments
I'm also goign to be bummed that the whole thing will likely be PS Store only, and I doubt there will be very many apps(Redlaser, Angry Birds, Yelp, Google Earth, ESPN, Skype[No Skype would mean a wasted opportunity for Face-time-like stuff] AIM, etc). I think I'll hold off on getting one till I have more info about it.

I don't know about all that other stuff, I suppose it will depend how Sony controls the app making process. But Skype is on the current PSP, so it's probably a fair assumption that it will be on the Vita in some form.

Vita's a definite launch purchase for me, but I won't be getting the 3G version. AT&T... :yuck:

Lots of news on the PS Vita in this article, including a UK release date and 11 games that will be released along with the console.

I just found out that I am getting a Vita, my wife pre-ordered one for me for my birthday. I was going to wait until I could get a used/refurbished one but now I don't have to.

There are first problems with new psp.

While playing on-line vita can freeze and only hard reset can help. Touch screen sometimes does not work at all. But those are obvious problems of all new game machines of new generation. Sony is well known for releasing new firmwares and i think players in Europe will not have those problems.

You don't have to buy ridger racer for psp vita. If you played RR7 on ps3 then you notice it's the same game. Same tracks same cars. Borrring :yuck: 👎

Remember that both PSP versions of RR was based from RRV, if I recall correctly. ;)

If it's wrong, feel free to correct it.

The difference being its portable and it has trophy support? So it shouldn't matter if you are a fan of the series and want to play on the go. If it were RR7 Portable with trophies and all the content I'd get it, but does not have the content so its a pass for me.

I've already finished RR7 a long time ago and i don't like to be put in a Delorean. So ill skip ridge races too.

Sony has just released the official prices for the PS Vita memory cards. The good news? The prices are cheaper than Gamestop's estimate (see my previous post). The bad news? Well let's just say that these aren't exactly promising prices, either:

4 GB Memory Card = $19.99
8 GB Memory Card = $29.99
16 GB Memory Card = $59.99
32 GB Memory Card = $99.99

Source

A minimum of $20 is needed to save your Vita games, and if you want maximum storage for downloaded games, expect to pay up to $100.00.

Those prices are kinda odd. Should be:

4GB-$19.99
8GB-$29.99
16GB-$49.99
32GB-$89.99

That or the 4 and 16 seem overpriced by $5 and $10

Just found out I'm getting the Vita wifi at release for my birthday from my wife. I'm pretty excited as I planned to buy it, but much later in the year. My first game will for sure be Uncharted: Golden Abyss and I will also pick up Escape Plan. I've heard a lot of about Gravity Rush but haven't actually seen anything about it so I will have to check it out. I already own GT PSP on UMD but if I read good things about it on Vita I may have to pick that up too. I don't know much about the memory cards but I will probably go with an 8 gig to start with. I'm pretty excited and can't wait for the 22nd.

I will preorder mine in the next few weeks. Cant wait to finally play Starwars Battlefront with two sticks. Its crazy but I will more than likely be playing my digital PSP games I never finished. Getting the Wi-Fi model since I have mobile broadband.

32gb card and I'm set. Super Stardust Delta will be my first game.

d7e3be54_mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpeg

I don't know where I've been hiding but that's the first I heard of super stardust delta... I just caught myself up and well, that pic was pretty much my reaction. I better start saving! :drool:

Well i wouldn't be drooling if it was just a port of SSHD ...I will own this, unfortunately that'll be a while from now :(

I plan to buy both handheld consoles this year. Vita and 3DS.

good for you. Wish i could do the same, but i really need a job. can't really compare the two, one is a mighty hardware approach (vita) and the other has established itself well with some great games like 2 monster hunter titles.

Although I have seen on youtube a video of monster hunter running on the vita (ngp it was called back then), it may just be a port of the psp title.

Well earlier I pre-ordered my Vita! Wifi only version (I have 5Gb/month on my phone with wifi ICS, no need for 3G) and I get a half price discount on the 16 and 32Gb cards too...

I honestly don't know quite what I'm expecting from the Vita. I've played around quite a lot with one already and had a few discussions with the staff at Gamestation, since they know me too well in there. Also feeling slightly weird, I've never had anything on release before; even GT5 was bought over a month after release...

I found my PS Vita waiting for me when I got home today. Of course as I am setting it up it says it needs a firmware update. If anyone has any specific questions let me know, but I might not be back on here for a while.

First impressions: Its has some weight to it, doesn't bother me now, will have to see it that becomes a problem while playing it. The screen is nice and big and bright. It turns the screen off after what seems to be a very short time, and you have to press the power button a couple of seconds to get it back on... or maybe I am doing it wrong. System update is 55% complete...

Used it today in full daylight and the screen was bright and easy to see. Couldn't say that about my PSP.

Last edited:
I will preorder mine in the next few weeks. Cant wait to finally play Starwars Battlefront with two sticks. Its crazy but I will more than likely be playing my digital PSP games I never finished. Getting the Wi-Fi model since I have mobile broadband.

Haha exactly the same, never finished most games on the PSP due to the missing dual sticks.
Now, all the FPS (resistance, MGS, ...) can be finished.
I've preordered also the WIFI + Lumnies as preorder discounted (-15€) and the 8gb card for free and starter pack for free.
Will be getting Uncharted, escape plan, and SSD too

Nobody needs the 3g, just tether you smartphone

Yeah but the 3G bundle seems too good with the extra's. Not sure if its the U.S.s only but thats a good deal. 8GB card plus free game. The free game is Super Star Dust Delta plus the DLC according to IGN. Its hard not to go with the 3G version, just cancel before the the next month to keep the game but not the service.

I'd imagine GT-PSP will drive better now with the analog stick.

Here amazon has a good deal, probably the best to my knowleadge (the one I have) and there is no difference in the extras I think between 3G and wifi.

Apart from Uncharted, I really am eagre to get my other games on it from the psp and all the minis (2year psn premium, so I have a lot of them :D)
It's just so sad it hasn't built in memory, I loved my PSPgo for that. Yeah I had one and was still quite happy with it.
This will be the 3rd PSP: Slim, Go, Vita

Preordered mine on Amazon for £225 WiFi version with 8GB card and Lumines.

Didn't realise Super Stardust was coming out for it as well! These two games are gonna overtake my outside life haha!

I found the 32 gb memory card on buy.com for $39.99 +$2.29 shipping for a total of $42.28! That's about $14 cheaper than what they are charging for the 16gb.

http://www.buy.com/prod/32gb-playstation-vita-memory-card/227807171.html

I was planning on buying a 8 gb but I couldn't pass up over 50% off. I may have to wait a few days after my Vita arrives for it to come but I can wait. Tuesday I will pick up Golden Abyss and I'll download Escape Plan and SSDD DLC pack when the card arrives. I'm officially getting excited now!

Edit: Target is having buy 2 get 1 free this week on Vita games. Change of plans, I'm getting Golden Abyss, Lumines, and Wipeout. It looks like it's in store only.

Last edited:
Back