The Punk Rock/Hardcore Punk/Pop Punk threadMusic 

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 70 comments
What happened to the old Metal thread?
Anyway, Parkway Drive just keep setting the bar higher. Awesome stuff

For me, the current era of punk is right up there with the best. There's so many great bands getting around at the moment and they all seem to be constantly touring, putting on great shows all around the world out of their own pockets just for the fans. Here's just a few of my favourite current bands:

Andrew Jackson Jihad - Distance

Classics of Love
- Bandstand

Hard Girls - The Quark

Jeff Rosenstock - Nausea

The Smith Street Band - Postcodes

Last edited:
This one is over twenty years old, the band's from Argentina so it might sound a bit weird to you guys listening to punk in Spanish but I love it. This album was recorded completely raw, you can hear the tempo continuing to increase as the intensity of the song grows higher and higher.

How did I just now happen on this thread? I live on punk and ska. I have since I was a wee lad way back in the 80's. Anyways, here's a song that I have loved for quite a while. Enjoy.

Nofx still has it. Best punk album in a long time.👍

I have to say I'm a little disappointed, no very fast drums at all. Quite solid songwriting thou.

The best recent punk rock album for me is Hang (Lagwagon). Just killer.

Jeff Rosenstock's new album Worry was released just last month, in true punk fashion, it's available for free on his on his label Quote Unquote Records (despite the fact that it's available for purchase on Side One Dummy). I highly recommend it, Jeff's consistently been on the top of his game since his final release with Bomb the Music Industry! in 2011.

There's also new releases from AJJ (formerly Andrew Jackson Jihad) and Joyce Manor. So, if anyone thinks punk is dead, then you're looking in all the wrong places.

Dead boys, Agent orange, Abrasive wheels, Ruin, Clash, Pistols, Ramones Motorhead, Misfits, Fear, Fang, FOD, X Stiff little fingers, Xrayspex, Damned, 999, Iron cross, Screwdriver, (first album) and like a thousand more l just can't remember

Plus like another 1000 country blues rockabilly metal jazz

I don't have youtube, since I'm at work. but a couple of bands to check out that I've been listening to lately.

The Bags
The Vibrators
Chaos UK
GBH
Offspring
and
X-certs

Those stand out to me a lot, and some people may not consider offspring punk, but I do.

why hasn't nobody posted in here? punk/metal/thrash is all i pretty much listen to.Oi !

Some folk punk

nice didn't duff from gnr play in the fartz ?
love the accused, cyptic slaughter , conflict, agnostic front , seige , conflict , English dogs , discharge,the exploited,napalm death, code 13, spazz, dead Kennedys , bad brains , sick of it all, the buisness , blood for blood , minor threat , poison idea .

I don't care how many times this is posted, unless it never have been and that would be a huge shame ;)

This one is one I like almost as much as I enjoy listening to groove family phsyco :D

What a song.

Back