The Racers & Chasers Club [Moved to FH4]

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 2,210 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
So since the Gurkha is returning, is the Unimog joining it on the SWAT Force? Might make for some variety, and it gives us another option, should the pursuit head into really rough terrain where the Gurkha may potentially wreck.

So since the Gurkha is returning, is the Unimog joining it on the SWAT Force? Might make for some variety, and it gives us another option, should the pursuit head into really rough terrain where the Gurkha may potentially wreck.
Probably. I'm just waiting to see if there will at least be a "bed cover" or something covering the back.

With all of the new information coming out for Horizon 4, here’s a couple of things which I think could be relevant:

1: Traffic lights are now a thing. Something to look out for, depending on whether they’re synced for multiple players?

2: The Unimog comes as standard with a canopy that completely covers the bed, though this can be removed in the upgrade shop. Apparently, it may also come with the 2400HP Volvo Iron Knight engine as an option for engine swaps.

3: The Best of Bond car pack is also a thing. I’ll have to wait and see what car class they’ll fit into, but I am keeping an eye on the DB10 and C-X75 for potential use as interceptor units.

A few things I noticed in the demo that could be useful

The police siren is back and can be won via a wheelspin or bought in Forzathon shop

Road signs in-game with A-road designations
91ceedd7-54be-40ff-a8f2-54d5f490acb3.PNG

Speed limit road signs
2deabeb1-20bc-4ae1-9a89-db0cfca27437.PNG

1: Traffic lights are now a thing. Something to look out for, depending on whether they’re synced for multiple players?
Do they function properly? I've spotted one (I think near Ambleside) but it was always green.

The Unimog comes as standard with a canopy that completely covers the bed, though this can be removed in the upgrade shop.
Any pics?

Traffic lights are present, though as I have not played the demo, I cannot day for certain whether or not they actually function. The Unimog was in the September monthly stream. Hold on, let me get a pic...

EDIT: Can’t seem to upload a pic, but I can get you the stream. The Unimog is around 11 minutes in if you want to see for yourself.

Last edited:
Having seen some... footage, looks like the Aston Martin DB10 and Jaguar C-X75 are both in S1 Class. I’ll definitely be adding these to the fleet.

I think if it's alright I might use underpowered cars this time around. Some rides that I ended up building on Horizon 3 were just downright overpowered. Plus I want a crazy challenge, like trying to get away from S1 class cars with a B Class Car.

@JR98 Oh... HELL YEAH!

@Ameer67 Yeah, there are a few cars in FM7 that can have an amber light bar installed (RS6, M4 GTS, Evo X, to name a few). The light bar actually works, but there’s no fancy light patterns.

EDIT: Here’s the list of cars I managed to find with safety car light options in FM7. There may be more cars I missed:

Alfa 4C
‘15 Audi RS6
M4 GTS
Veyron SS
‘17 Camaro ZL1
Aventador SV
SLS AMG
Evolution X
‘12 Cayenne Turbo
Golf R Mk7

Last edited:
If I’m not mistaken, I remember there was a multiplayer lock on FH3 that didn’t allow players to access online features until a certain point in the “story”. Anyone know if that’s still true for Horizon 4?

If I’m not mistaken, I remember there was a multiplayer lock on FH3 that didn’t allow players to access online features until a certain point in the “story”. Anyone know if that’s still true for Horizon 4?
I think there's some kind of "prologue"? Better to ask over here since a good chunk of them will have the game tomorrow.

EDIT: Not tomorrow, the 28th I meant.

Last edited:
Yes, you have to do all 4 seasons in the beginning then everything is unlocked after, it can take up to 6 hours depending on how fast you are

I got to play it last night. I can confirm. THERES A LONG ASS PROLOGUE. But multiplayer is not locked.

If anyone has any FH4 questions, I learned a lot about the game and would love to help anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the game started in summer for a week irl, but I’m already at the Fall showcase event.

I thought the game started in summer for a week irl, but I’m already at the Fall showcase event.
Yeah I thought that too, but I made it to Spring early this morning which is also where I stopped before going to bed. I'm not sure if it'll go back to Summer or stay in Spring though.

That’s the prologue. It brings you through all 4 seasons. Ending at spring. After spring you get into the actual game.

It’s a pain

OK, some questions for you Ultimate Edition folks:

1) How does the PI system seem compared to FH3 in general? Power builds still winning big time?
2) Is the Unimog in the Autoshow? And if so, how much is it?
3) Are there customizable phrases for the quick chat? Or only presets?

That's all I could think of for now. Thanks.

1) How does the PI system seem compared to FH3 in general? Power builds still winning big time?

Regarding the Unimog, it’s in the autoshow, it costs 100,000 cr.

As for chat, I think it’s presets. But I gotta look into it more.

So as of right now, I am faced with a dilemma regarding membership. I have thought of two options.

Option 1) Keep it the way it is. Send an application, get accepted, and be expected to join sessions on a reasonable basis. Nothing new.

Option 2) Get rid of official membership and put you guys (the ones who commonly joined our FH3 sessions) on a "usual people" list. That list would basically be those who actively join our lobbies (again, you guys) and would be allowed to host rooms. It also means there will be no "obligation" (if you could call it that) to join lobbies. The only requirement to participate would be a GTPlanet account. My hope is that this would be less intimidating than having to become a full-time member and complete and application, in an effort to get more people on board.

I don't think things are going to change radically if we go with option 2 anyways (unless we get a massive influx of new folks) because you guys know how the Forza section of GTP is compared to how the GTS/6/5 sections are. It's more calm and mature in my eyes, and we don't need to keep a constant watch on people unlike the Gran Turismo days.

What's your take?

So as of right now, I am faced with a dilemma regarding membership. I have thought of two options.

Option 1) Keep it the way it is. Send an application, get accepted, and be expected to join sessions on a reasonable basis. Nothing new.

Option 2) Get rid of official membership and put you guys (the ones who commonly joined our FH3 sessions) on a "usual people" list. That list would basically be those who actively join our lobbies (again, you guys) and would be allowed to host rooms. It also means there will be no "obligation" (if you could call it that) to join lobbies. The only requirement to participate would be a GTPlanet account. My hope is that this would be less intimidating than having to become a full-time member and complete and application, in an effort to get more people on board.

I don't think things are going to change radically if we go with option 2 anyways (unless we get a massive influx of new folks) because you guys know how the Forza section of GTP is compared to how the GTS/6/5 sections are. It's more calm and mature in my eyes, and we don't need to keep a constant watch on people unlike the Gran Turismo days.

What's your take?
I’d prefer the old system of applying before being allowed to join, and not just because it worked for GT6 and FH3. Requiring an application could turn away some potential players, but it would also promote a greater adhearance to the rules of the club and reduce the number of “cheaters” or trolls. I would keep the current system for now, but if we’re lacking active players, we can always open the doors to anyone that is interested.

Edit- It would also keep the club more structured as there wouldn’t be a constant flow of new players that don’t understand the rules or people leaving the club without warning. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

PI is much more balanced. I feel a Street tyre limit is the way to go even though power builds are less OP. Some cars get a small PI boost (FWD hatches get a 20-ish PI boost from street tyres) while old RWD cars are affected more (Corvette ‘60 gets around 70 PI or so from street tyres). There’s also Vintage Racing tyres which are the same as street tyres but look more authentic on classic cars. These are available on pretty much every car built prior to 1979.

There are just preset phrases for quick chat, but there’s a good amount of them which are earned from gameplay

Sadly not.

They redid engine swaps an Forzathon is a lot more fun.

Any other input on this?
@AudiMan2011 @Cowboy @EnkiTehWuff @Firehound427 @Gotbeefboy564 @JeepXJFreak @JR98 @jwesson1 @Lameonade @Silver Arrows

(Ya'll are probably too busy playing FH4. Not jealous at all...)

What's your take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back