The Racers & Chasers Club

• Thread starter jwesson1
  • 662 comments
So we were talking about it last night and we've kind of reached an intersection in the road, regarding engine swaps. Unfortunately for many people the V12 swap returned for cars that definitely don't suit it. However we also got the addition of racing engines for some cars now. Time to reach out and see what everyone feels about it.

Should:

1) We keep the ban on silly swaps in place, with no changes?

2) We ban racing engine swaps, but allow the dreaded V10/V12 swaps?

3) We allow all swaps, including racing engine swaps?

4) We ban silly and racing engine swaps?

Comment down below what you would like to see.

I feel like the ban should only apply to pure Racing engines. At least the V12 is a production engine unlike the Turbo Rally or Racing V12. If it has a Racing restrictor on it, I think it should be banned

Ban the silly and racing swaps

Some people are blatantly abusing this in the previous iteration, and I would prefer if we nip it in the bud now.

I would add: only allow silly swaps if we are doing silly lobbies from the start. Which should be rare. Otherwise, ban them.

I was honestly thinking about outright banning engine swaps, but only for specific vehicles/classes. C class muscle cars come to mind.

I was honestly thinking about outright banning engine swaps, but only for specific vehicles/classes. C class muscle cars come to mind.
I like this idea. At higher PI levels, engine swaps make hardly any difference. For example, if you swap the 8.4L V10 into the Saleen S7, it only gains like 15-20 PI. However, a 6.2L V8 swapped into an old Monte Carlo on Street Tires shoots it up roughly 150-200 PI.

I also want to add something off topic: some people were blatantly using the map during pursuits to find suspects that broke line of sight. Basically honing in on people. This needs to stop.
It's a problem of honesty, what else can it be really? I mean, we can make all the rules we want about maps, but if someone doesn't follow it, then damn. Some things are just tough to enforce.

But yeah, STOP LOOKING AT THE MAP PEOPLE!!!

One rule i'd like to see added into the club would be - ''Try to make your car as realistic as possible'' - As this would cover multiple things such as :

1 - The silly engine swaps (V12s / I4 Rally / V8 Race / etc),
2 - Racing & Drag tyres/ tires (Its illegal in the UK to use slick tyres / tires) ,
3 - Not displaying a number plate / licence plate (Yes i know some / all cars in game don't have plates on the Front but most have Rear plates displayed unless its being removed via adding a bodykit)

Just to name a few.

It's a problem of honesty, what else can it be really? I mean, we can make all the rules we want about maps, but if someone doesn't follow it, then damn. Some things are just tough to enforce.

But yeah, STOP LOOKING AT THE MAP PEOPLE!!!

Honestly, I'm fine with people faking it in a way. I will freely admit that in my first few lobbies I used the map, mainly because I was trying to learn what the limits of the map were. Chances are, I'm going to do the same thing this time around.

But people who make a beeline for the suspect because they have the map up, making it so obvious, it needs to stop.

One rule i'd like to see added into the club would be - ''Try to make your car as realistic as possible'' - As this would cover multiple things such as :
3 - Not displaying a number plate / licence plate (Yes i know some / all cars in game don't have plates on the Front but most have Rear plates displayed unless its being removed via adding a bodykit)

I think literally the only car that has a front license plate on it that we can drive is the James Bond edition DB5.

Lobby 0
Date: 10/7/2018
Time: 2 PM Central
Class: B
This is going to be a trial run. You can bring out your own police livery or use a white vehicle, doesn't matter. Just bring something. Maps will probably be allowed to get used to the area.

Tentative map for Broadway:

upload_2018-10-6_18-30-45.png

LIKE THIS POST IF YOU THINK YOU CAN MAKE IT.

Me, my brother and Jett are gonna join. Is that alright?

My new username: HuskySlushii

Brothers: GoldenToaster10

Jett (new acc): RenaRenamon

This isn’t a second post. I just wanted to state that me and the other 2 people I listed are getting ready to play. Invite us whenever

I would have loved to have called out today just for the lobby, but at the same time I kind of can't resist time-and-a-half pay at work. :lol:

On a more serious note, if these tests lobbies are going to be a constant thing, I can definitely join this coming Saturday since I get out of work at around 1:45 in the afternoon.

Back