The Racers & Chasers Club

• Thread starter jwesson1
  • 662 comments
Uh oh. Never a good thing to see... :lol:

upload_2018-10-7_13-38-57.png

Today’s lobby was great in my opinion. Because it was nice to talk to everyone again. Personally because of how FH4 is I think it needs more work! So in FH3 off roading was difficult because there was trees, consistent bumps and etc but in FH4 it’s mainly just plains when off roading. So it’s hard to catch/flip anyone. So what I wanna say is, small cross country like behind houses and stuff is fine. Until we get into the plains then it’s just so hard to catch them and easy to escape. Now I think we should also have off road units that are a class higher, they’re called in after 3-5 minutes or so of solid off roading. So that’ll make people want to go off roading less. I literally did circles in a Nissan sentra and escaped them every time. I also think we should use “super units.” After about 10-15 minutes they should be called in. We should also consider the weight of a car when chasing them. So I’ll come up with some ideas of say if someone is in a car that weighs under 2,000 pounds then if they hit something at 50 they’re done. Please reply back if you agree or disagree with anything.

I thought it was a pretty good lobby, I think we just need a few more rules in place (and an official livery) and it’ll be perfect. Biggest issue I saw was our confusion with the Patrol location after maps where turned off but that can be something we can just learn as more lobbies are hosted.

Appreciate everyone that turned up. We did learn a lot in this first test lobby. (Minus the minor issues we had via Forza Servers, should be resolved hopefully soon.) @Ameer67 and I are currently in the works to discuss rules, and guidelines, since we didn’t really set any in today’s lobby. We wanted to figure out what was the the flaws of FH4, and we definitely found some flaws.

Expect a write up soon.

- we will be taking people’s feedback as-well from the first lobby!
:cheers:

A little birdie told me that somebody was using a Unimog as a regular police car. I thought that was meant to be a SWAT vehicle? Or did we not enforce any vehicle restrictions in this Lobby? Obviously I wasn't there, so I have no idea.

A little birdie told me that somebody was using a Unimog as a regular police car. I thought that was meant to be a SWAT vehicle? Or did we not enforce any vehicle restrictions in this Lobby? Obviously I wasn't there, so I have no idea.

Nothing was restricted, we were figuring out what was the issues with Horizon 4, to figure out what route to take for the next lobbies.

I've heard some nasty rumors about how today's lobby went, and I'm just going to say it now; If I'm in the next test lobby we do, I'm definitely going to make sure that the rules are enforced. I do not want to see this club fall apart before the first official lobby.

Towards the end of the FH3 days, everybody got a bit careless and the lobby quality plummeted fast. Whether it was because everybody got burnt out, or people just stopped caring, I know that I'm not the only one who saw the decline, and I'm not about to let that happen again if I can help it.

REFERENDUM #3
There are speed limit signs posted throughout the map. Should we follow those or just set or own?

Option 1:
  • Follow the speed limit signs. (The lowest speed will be 30 mph, even if a sign says something less. I don't want to be going too slow!)
Option 2:
  • Have the host set a custom speed limit.

LIKE THIS POST FOR OPTION 1.

I've heard some nasty rumors about how today's lobby went, and I'm just going to say it now; If I'm in the next test lobby we do, I'm definitely going to make sure that the rules are enforced. I do not want to see this club fall apart before the first official lobby.

Towards the end of the FH3 days, everybody got a bit careless and the lobby quality plummeted fast. Whether it was because everybody got burnt out, or people just stopped caring, I know that I'm not the only one who thought that, and I'm not about to let that happen again if I can help it.

I wasn't at the end of the FH3 Days, so I can't comment. But besides that, today's lobby for sure showed some flaws in FH4, compared to FH3, which we will have to adjust rules and guidelines. Because today's test lobby acted kind of a free-for-all. I couldn't even say "realistic" fit in any of the chases today. Maybe I'm the only one who got frustrated but seeing people crashing into walls, trees, houses, and being rammed so many times from Police Units, and still going was starting to get annoying, because in reality, if you crash into a tree, I'm pretty sure your vehicle will be disabled. I also witnessed fields being abused in chases, doing donuts in random fields, not bothering using roads anymore, and I think we are all guilty of this. But this is def something we will have to regulate, try to keep on roads, and dirt paths, and keep the field driving to a minimum. Another issue is Police Units were clumping up, lets spread out guys.

I think maybe we could take advantage of vehicles with the light bars, instead of having random vehicles with police liveries which look odd.
Maybe make a list of vehicles that can only be used as police vehicles.

Vehicles with Lightbar.
'15 Audi RS6
'14 Golf R
'17 Camaro ZL1
'16 Avendator
'10 SLS AMG
'17 BMW M4 GTS
'17 Alfa Romeo 4C
'13 Bugatti Veyron

Of Course, have the variant of Slicktop, and Rhino Units. That's one thing that could add a bump of realism.

Maybe we can incorporate a damage system as well.
-> Police Unit gives a decent hard ram on a racers vehicle more than 5 times, its disabled for example.
-> Hitting Trees, Buildings, Walls, Rock Walls, etc disables vehicles.
-> Getting Rammed from a Rhino Unit takes your car out immediately
-> Keep the chases on the road and dirt roads and a minimum of fields

Regarding Referendum 3, I personally say option 2. It saves us the trouble of having to painstakingly go around the entire map and log all of the different speed limits. I say we should just keep it like we did with Horizon 3 (30 on backroads, 60 on freeway). Which reminds me...

Referendum #4

Since Horizon Life is basically single player with actual players instead of drivatars, there is no difference between offline and online. This also applies to the traffic cars. In Horizon 3 online, the large traffic Vehicles such as the box truck and the bus were removed. However, in Horizon 4, all of the traffic cars appear in the "online" mode.

Since any no-brainer can easily tell that a bus or a plow truck weighs a hell of a lot more than a regular city car, what do you folks think we should do regarding immobilisation speeds?

1) Cut the Collision speed of the large vehicles required to destroy a car in half (35mph collision and you're toast, 50 for trucks).

2) Treat them like regular traffic cars and have the same speed for immobilisation.

3) Same as number 1, with the addition of the ability to immobilize the SWAT vehicles in a 75mph collision.

Feel free to comment down below what you feel we should do.

1) Cut the Collision speed of the large vehicles required to destroy a car in half (35mph collision and you're toast, 50 for large trucks).

That's pretty hard to regulate thought, how about go about a damage system?
-> 3 hits for a regular police unit - the vehicle is toast
-> 1 hit from a swat, or rhino unit - the vehicle is toast?

I would assume that you mean substantial hits. Even then that brings up the whole problem of what constitutes a substantial hit.

I'll drum up a few ideas and get back to you.

Just for information, here's the old FH3 rule regarding collisions:
A player's vehicle is considered wrecked when it either A) hits a roadblock, traffic car, static object (walls, trees, etc) at 75+ mph (100+ mph for SUVs and pickups) or B) rolls/flips over, regardless of speed. (If you stick the landing, you're good.) Small shunts and nudges are OK.

(That's not the exact wording I think, but the speeds are the same.)

I would assume that you mean substantial hits. Even then that brings up the whole problem of what constitutes a substantial hit.

I would assume a substantial hit, is a police unit hits a racer, and that disrupts the racer's vehicle in some shape?

Just for information, here's the old FH3 rule regarding collisions:

(That's not the exact wording I think, but the speeds are the same.)

This will need to be adjusted.

I would assume a substantial hit, is a police unit hits a racer, and that disrupts the racer's vehicle in some shape?

This will need to be adjusted.

I mean if you can audibly hear a loud bang when a police car collides with you, that should definitely count as a substantial hit.

I'm seriously starting to wonder if we should just use simulation damage to avoid all of these collision headaches? Might be a crazy idea, but it might work.

I mean if you can audibly hear a loud bang when a police car collides with you, that should definitely count as a substantial hit.

I'm seriously starting to wonder if we should just use simulation damage to avoid all of these collision headaches? Might be a crazy idea, but it might work.
How big of an effect does sim damage have anyways? I've never used it.

I was thinking about that. However, i feel some people would complain about it.

How big of an effect does sim damage have anyways? I've never used it.

I know that in Horizon 3 if you hit something at like 50 miles per hour it was enough to start causing your car to malfunction. A light tap is only going to damage the aero, which will slow the car down a little bit. Plus a rollover instantly destroys your car with 100% mechanical damage.

I'd say that racers and regular police vehicles should use simulation damage, while the Rhino and SWAT units use cosmetic damage. Rhino units are killed at 100mph, while SWAT units wreck by simply rolling or hitting a large vehicle.

I know that in Horizon 3 if you hit something at like 50 miles per hour it was enough to start causing your car to malfunction. A light tap is only going to damage the aero, which will slow the car down a little bit. Plus a rollover instantly destroys your car with 100% mechanical damage.

I guess this is something we'd need to test out? But how are we supposed to enforce this? If we theoretically used Sim Damage?

I guess this is something we'd need to test out? But how are we supposed to enforce this? If we theoretically used Sim Damage?

I just told my friend from work that something came up, so I'll be able to test this out tonight with you guys if you want.

If we're aiming to have the club be as realistic as Horizon will allow us, I personally feel like simulation damage is a step in the right direction.

Benefits of sim damage:

• Collisions will definitely impact your car's performance, negating the whole issue regarding collision speeds.
  • Your tires will wear out and you might even run out of gas, thereby getting rid of the whole problem regarding police chases that are way too long.
  • Performing a very unrealistic jump such as a 600 foot jump across a lake will wreck your suspension, which makes the police Pursuits a lot riskier
  • Rolling your car will instantly destroy it, meaning that you'll barely be able to move, and the police can roll in for an easy bust, which also gets rid of the problem of people attempting to drive off well after they've been busted.
  • Over revving your car and doing silly stunts will kill your engine and/or transmission.
I would also advise people to try to save up 2 million credits and purchase that one Mansion near Edinburgh, that grants you the ability to fast travel anywhere. Simply fast traveling a few feet up the road will fix your car, allowing you to get ready for the next chase.

Benefits of sim damage:

• Collisions will definitely impact your car's performance, negating the whole issue regarding collision speeds.
  • Your tires will wear out and you might even run out of gas, thereby getting rid of the whole problem regarding police chases that are way too long.
  • Performing a very unrealistic jump such as a 600 foot jump across a lake will wreck your suspension, which makes the police Pursuits a lot riskier
  • Rolling your car will instantly destroy it, meaning that you'll barely be able to move, and the police can roll in for an easy bust, which also gets rid of the problem of people attempting to drive off well after they've been busted.
  • Over revving your car and doing silly stunts will kill your engine and/or transmission.

Those are quite some good point!

Another one I forgot to mention...
  • Since Rhinos and SWAT unit will be running regular cosmetic damage, a substantial collision from one of these behemoths will actually destroy your car.
If you think about it, there was really no point in these vehicles when anyone can BS their way out of a hard collision. With the whole inclusion of simulation damage, we won't have to worry about that anymore, and it will definitely save us a lot of headaches (except the one the racer will have after being obliterated by one of these trucks). :lol:

Although that being said, I feel like light rhinos should still run simulation damage, since light rhinos will just be regular SUVs and trucks that are not lifted. I would honestly just group the light rhinos in with regular police cars in terms of how we handle the damage.

Last edited:
Back