The Racers & Chasers Club

• Thread starter jwesson1
  • 662 comments
Benefits of sim damage:

• Over revving your car and doing silly stunts will kill your engine and/or transmission.
I would also advise people to try to save up 2 million credits and purchase that one Mansion near Edinburgh, that grants you the ability to fast travel anywhere. Simply fast traveling a few feet up the road will fix your car, allowing you to get ready for the next chase.

Just tested this point out.

Over Revving does not damage engine or transmission for an odd reason, and it just seems like the overall Sim Damage is basic, i did 100 mph in a field bouncing up and down with limited damage in a drift spec RX7. But crashing into a tree sure does kill it.

I honestly feel like the next lobby we host, we should definitely test out simulation damage. We should definitely run the setup that I proposed, and then from there we'll be able to judge whether or not it's actually a good idea.

Like to add, when you fast travel it does reset your damage back to 0, and there are tire and fuel wear, it's not too aggressive. It took me a good 4minutes doing constant donuts and burnouts to wear out the tires to 100%, and only use 3/4th of a tank.

Like to add, when you fast travel it does reset your damage back to 0, and there are tire and fuel wear, it's not too aggressive. It took me a good 4minutes doing constant donuts and burnouts to wear out the tires to 100%.
Perfect! I like where this is going!

How many cruisers/cops for each lobby? What if someone takes out someone that isn’t in a chase by accident or on purpose?

How many cruisers/cops for each lobby? What if someone takes out someone that isn’t in a chase by accident or on purpose?
I'd say we should stick to the original idea (1 racer + 5 cops + 1 light rhino), after the 8th person joins, it changes (2 racers, 4 cops + 2 light rhinos). If someone innocent accidentally gets taken out, Fast Travel up the street to fix your car. If it's intentional, let us know so the person responsible gets written up.

Anyway, Panda, Ameer and myself tested the Sim damage. I can't speak for everyone, but I feel that this is the way to go. Here are the results of beating up my poor old Golf Mk1 GTi:

1) Takes 3 collisions @70mph with traffic to disable car
2) Takes 3 substantial head-on crashes @70mph from Heavy Rhino to disable car
3) Takes 1 substantial head-on crash @70mph from SWAT Unimog to disable car
4) Colliding with larger traffic @70mph is the same as Heavy Rhino, as in it disables your car easily
5) Gently rolling car does not fully disable it, but rolling your car after landing a jump wrong completely disables it
6) Downshifting too fast to where the engine severely over-revs adds roughly 20-40% engine damage
7) Tires wear out 0.1% every 5 seconds of regular driving, but around 0.5% every 5 seconds from burnouts/drifts
8) Takes around 3-4 T-Bone crashes @70mph from SWAT Unimog to disable car

My Golf was running simulation damage. Ameer's Heavy Rhino and Unimog were both running cosmetic damage.

Last edited:
I'd say we should stick to the original idea (1 racer + 5 cops + 1 light rhino), after the 8th person joins, it changes (2 racers, 4 cops + 2 light rhinos). If someone innocent accidentally gets taken out, Fast Travel up the street to fix your car. If it's intentional, let us know so the person responsible gets written up.

Anyway, Panda, Ameer and myself tested the Sim damage. I can't speak for everyone, but I feel that this is the way to go. Here are the results of beating up my poor old Golf Mk1 GTi:

1) Takes 3 collisions @70mph with traffic to disable car
2) Takes 3 substantial head-on crashes @70mph from Heavy Rhino to disable car
3) Takes 1 substantial head-on crash @70mph from SWAT Unimog to disable car
4) Colliding with larger traffic @70mph is the same as Heavy Rhino, as in it disables your car easily
5) Gently rolling car does not fully disable it, but rolling your car after landing a jump wrong completely disables it
6) Downshifting too fast to where the engine severely over-revs adds roughly 20-40% engine damage
7) Tires wear out 0.1% every 5 seconds of regular driving, but around 0.5% every 5 seconds from burnouts/drifts
8) Takes around 3-4 T-Bone crashes @70mph from SWAT Unimog to disable car

My Golf was running simulation damage. Ameer's Heavy Rhino and Unimog were both running cosmetic damage.

I think we will have to test this for next lobby.

However, i do wish we can do typical cruise events or something, like back in the GT days instead of repeating the same events of cop vs racer. lets look into different game modes we can incorporate.

However, i do wish we can do typical cruise events or something, like back in the GT days instead of repeating the same events of cop vs racer. lets look into different game modes we can incorporate.
It's a cops and robbers club, that's it.

A Reminder To All Members!
Make sure you've purchased the FAIRLAWN MANOR house. It costs 2,000,000cr. and grants you the ability to Fast Travel anywhere on the map.

I forgot to mention that Ameer and myself did a test Pursuit last night with sim damage, and the results were definitely positive. Police Pursuits are going to be more like a strategy game now, and not a Ramming Fest. Officers will have to be really careful when landing their P.I.T. maneuvers on a racer, and Racers will have to be careful navigating the tight roads of the various maps we'll be doing without hitting anything.

After around 10 minutes of chasing, our cars were starting to break down. We tested this pursuit in Broadway. One thing to remember to is that this was only with one police officer pursuing the racer. I think it's safe to assume that police chases going on for too long will be nothing but a mere memory. 👍

I forgot to mention that Ameer and myself did a test Pursuit last night with sim damage, and the results were definitely positive. Police Pursuits are going to be more like a strategy game now, and not a Ramming Fest. Officers will have to be really careful when landing their P.I.T. maneuvers on a racer, and Racers will have to be careful navigating the tight roads of the various maps we'll be doing without hitting anything.

After around 10 minutes of chasing, our cars were starting to break down. We tested this pursuit in Broadway. One thing to remember to is that this was only with one police officer pursuing the racer. I think it's safe to assume that police chases going on for too long will be nothing but a mere memory. 👍

I think another thing to mention is, Police Units will need to give space to each other, at least a decent car length, so it doesnt end up being like uh.

giphy.gif

I was telling everyone to spread out in yesterday's lobby, but I think @Silver Arrows and I were the only ones who patrolled the country roads. Everyone liked to stay in the town.

I was telling everyone to spread out in yesterday's lobby, but I think @Silver Arrows and I were the only ones who patrolled the country roads. Everyone liked to stay in the town.

I patrolled around about in my Unimog on the dirt roads C:

Also, look what I found! Quite the rust bucket, but boy does she run!

3a3wcqv.jpg

We should also try to reduce the amount of Kamikaze runs by the police units; there are always a couple people that try to ram into the racer as fast as possible. While it ends the chase faster, it is not realistic nor is it fun.

That's kind of the point of pursuit priorities. For me, it would be something like this:

Priority 3: try to pull them over by honking, maybe small nudges.
Priority 2: up the ante a little bit. Go with harder hits.
Priority 1: bring out the big guns. Go all in and do what's needed.

Great points fellas. I also feel like simple reckless driving won't really speed up the priority increase process. However driving onto sidewalks or walkways that are well off the road will definitely increase priority much quicker.

Also another thing: since we'll be running simulation damage in the next lobby, we should probably think about having a repair cool down for cops that get wrecked during the pursuit. @Ameer67 and I talked about it, and unfortunately the ambulance will not be returning. I feel like we should have a 3 minute cooldown for wrecked cops before they can fast travel a few feet up the road to fix their car and rejoin the pursuit.

Great points fellas. I also feel like simple reckless driving won't really speed up the priority increase process. However driving onto sidewalks or walkways that are well off the road will definitely increase priority much quicker.
At the end of the day, it is whoever's controlling the pursuit (lead unit, starting unit, dispatch, whatever) discretion. If they want to jump straight to priority 2, for example, then so be it. (I'm not saying you should though, unless it's necessary. Again, officer's discretion.)

(And just a heads-up people, if you're broke like @Lameonade was (is), you can switch into another car then switch back to your original vehicle to quickly repair it.)

Also another thing: since we'll be running simulation damage in the next lobby, we should probably think about having a repair cool down for cops that get wrecked during the pursuit. @Ameer67 and I talked about it, and unfortunately the ambulance will not be returning. I feel like we should have a 3 minute cooldown for wrecked cops before they can fast travel a few feet up the road to fix their car and rejoin the pursuit.

In general everyone will have to drive more carefully, because of sim damage. This will reduce some full speed rams, from police units, and make people realize they need to give each other space in pursuits. I do agree with timer!

Now I think we should also have off road units that are a class higher, they’re called in after 3-5 minutes or so of solid off roading.
The plan is to call in a heavy rhino when the chase hits priority 1. During winter, we'll have 1 heavy patrolling. (So there's a maximum of two, depending on season.)

I also think we should use “super units.” After about 10-15 minutes they should be called in.
Enforcer class police vehicles are basically just what you stated. Here's the description I wrote up for it on the (not-yet-complete) website:

This unit is allowed to be tuned one class above the lobby's limit, but must sit at the HQ or side of the road until a pursuit reaches priority 1. In their downtime, they are allowed to deploy a drone and act as a dispatcher if need be.
Restrictions: only 1 allowed on-duty and lobby needs to have 6+ players.

So, I spoke with our lovely real estate agent Joel about something the Lothian Police Force really needs. Sure, we're striving to be the greatest Specialized Police Department, and we've been given the funds needed for our nearly-unmatched fleet of Pursuit vehicles, blah blah blah...

But we need something even bigger. No I'm not talking about Playground Games adding the Marauder! Although...that would be cool. ANYWAY, getting off topic here. We need...a BASE. A base of operations of course! Luckily for us, there's a 4-star hotel that recently was added to the market in southwest Edinburgh. After sweet-talking the owner into dropping the price in exchange for Police Brib-AHEM...doughnuts, it's ours!

Of course, I didn't leave the building without first grabbing some photos of it, as well as a satellite view of the building. Fellow officers, I present to you...the Lothian Police Headquarters!

View Across The Street:
eWxUFNR.jpg

Front Entranceway:
EJlRef2.jpg

Parking Lot (Room for over 100 cars!):
lHfnyKS.jpg

Front Of Main Building:
4lhcgDD.jpg

Satellite View (Building Circled In Red):
F9spRbk.png

Last edited:
So, I spoke with our lovely real estate agent Joel about something the Lothian Police Force really needs. Sure, we're striving to be the greatest Specialized Police Department, and we've been given the funds needed for our nearly-unmatched fleet of Pursuit vehicles, blah blah blah...

But we need something even bigger. No I'm not talking about Playground Games adding the Marauder! Although...that would be cool. ANYWAY, getting off topic here. We need...a BASE. A base of operations of course! Luckily for us, there's a 4-star hotel that recently was added to the market in southwest Edinburgh. After sweet-talking the owner into dropping the price in exchange for Police Brib-AHEM...doughnuts, it's ours!

Of course, I didn't leave the building without first grabbing some photos of it, as well as a satellite view of the building. Fellow officers, I present to you...the Lothian Police Headquarters!

View Across The Street:
eWxUFNR.jpg

Front Entranceway:
EJlRef2.jpg

Parking Lot (Room for over 100 cars!):
lHfnyKS.jpg

Front Of Main Building:
4lhcgDD.jpg

Satellite View (Building Circled In Red):
F9spRbk.png
I found that lot a while ago
That’s where I took these at
314BCC34-1969-437A-B61B-403484E11D34.jpeg
A84C4EBF-CA0C-4F78-855E-03A1ACEE847B.jpeg

Also, if the Enforcer Unit is meant to be a class higher than the lobby limit, will that mean we'll see S2 Enforcer cars in an S1 lobby? Might be the only time we see an S2 Police Car, so it should be interesting.

Got some police codes from NFS MW 2005, and I think these could translate well to this club.
As you can see, there's even a dispatch code for both Sports Cruisers (Or Enforcers in our case) and Rhinos! I did however replace the 10-63 code, as it was normally unused. Instead, it's now the code for requesting a SWAT Unit.
iwfBYAI.png

Back