The Racers & Chasers Club

• Thread starter jwesson1
  • 662 comments
I want to preface this and say that I enjoyed my time in the club, and I've met some good people here. I also want to make it clear that the main reason for my leaving is mainly because I am more or less taking a break from FH4, and I don't feel like putting my name into something that I'm not going to be around for very often (as I have been for the most part)

However, I want to make this known: I do think that Zach's point that the club feels unorganized holds water. I think that's the main point which should be taken: I've gotten the sense that there seems to be a lack of control especially in the last few months, maybe even since the last days of the FH3. Certainly, it's felt like in the lobbies that I have been apart in during FH4 is that there has been a lack of control, whether it be with not effectively enforcing the rules, especially with off-topic banter dominating police chatter (a problem which I freely admit I was apart of, and sincerely apologize for) and the way that some people effectively swarm suspects for the smallest infractions. Again, I will admit that I also participated in this stuff. However, there comes a point where you really need to crack down on this sort of stuff, because it builds.

You freely admit Ameer that you:

...don't have the motivation right now to keep the club in shape or even play the game recently.

I understand that. However - why do you not feel it is beneficial to place the day to day operations of the club into the hands of someone that you feel would be able to keep the club running? i'm sure that there would be people in this very club that would be willing to help in that regard. And as much as I don't want to bring up past history - the way you basically killed the club in FH3 by putting the kibosh on lobbies over last summer was something that this could have remedied. But that was then, and it can't be changed.

Again - I want to reiterate that I have no ill-will towards you, or anyone else in the club. However, I feel like there should be an honest look at the club as it stands now. And if you don't have the desire or motivation to continue with leadership roles for the club, would it not be best to secede control to someone who you feel would be a good stand in for however long you want to be gone?

However, there comes a point where you really need to crack down on this sort of stuff, because it builds.
Definitely not wrong. I'm too lenient sometimes.

And if you don't have the desire or motivation to continue with leadership roles for the club, would it not be best to secede control to someone who you feel would be a good stand in for however long you want to be gone?
It would be the most logical choice to pass on leadership, but I treat this thing as my "baby," which I know is kind of selfish when you think about it. I don't want to/plan on being gone, though. I just need(ed) a tiny hiatus.

@JR98 and @CVPI93 you guys too?
I’m out as well

While I’ve definitely had plenty of fun with this club in FH3, I just don’t feel that way with how it’s gone in FH4. Like @CVPI93 said it just feels like the rules are always being ignored and nothing ever gets done about it.

The way @CVPI93 chase went was what sealed the deal for me.

I would like to publicly apologize for how I acted last night. I imagine that I'll become a laughing stock as a result, but if I can patch the road, I will.

With that said, if I am allowed to come back, I feel like we as a community should definitely enforce the rules and call out those that break them.

I didn't want to have to leave this club, but as stated last night, I just felt like everything was going south, and fast.

@Ameer67 it's up to you whether or not you want me back in. I won't hold anything against you, or anyone else if I am denied entry.

I feel like we as a community should definitely enforce the rules and call out those that break them.
giphy.gif

I can't always be the eye in the sky.

You're (back) in.

I'm going to be at work tomorrow and might get out after 13:00, so if I'm able to come I will but I'll be like an hour late (which might be too late).

Well, I was expecting Panda to notify me when he was fully ready before he would make that post, but what he said is true either way. I've stepped down from the club and he has full control of the reins from here. I am not interested in Forza anymore, plus my free time has been slowly dwindling away, so it would be better to hand off the club to someone else than just let it die a slow death. At the moment, I am assisting him in the transition, but I do not know if Panda is completely ready for "showtime", but that's up to him of course. I hope Panda does a kickass job and knowing him, he probably will.

Anyways, it was definitely fun while it lasted.

I honestly feel like my slightly immature leaving of the club is what killed it, and I'd like to change that. I have no hard feelings towards any of you. What's done is done. That was then, and this is now. 👍

Sorry if anything I did left a bad taste in anyone's mouths. I'd like to partake in this new chapter of Racers and Chasers of course.

I won’t deny that this news has taken me by surprise, but I will say this; I respect Ameer’s decision, and wish him the best of luck in his future endeavours.

As for Panda, I wish him the best of luck in his new role. I will continue to contribute to the club whenever I can, and I look forward to what lies ahead.

Well this sucks. I may stay on for a while in between racing commitments, but the recent drop in morale leaves me questioning my future here.

Lobby February 2nd if anyone is interested like this post.

More details to follow when enough likes reaches

Or we can do the third, depending on schedules.
Lobby is going to be February 3rd 1pm EST class will be A class and area will be determined when everyone arrives. Also we may do some of that chasing gamemode too. Can’t remember the name. Anyway. See everyone on Sunday.

Lobby is going to be February 3rd 1pm EST class will be A class and area will be determined when everyone arrives. Also we may do some of that chasing gamemode too. Can’t remember the name. Anyway. See everyone on Sunday.
Yikes. Can’t make that, Got work till 3 :/

Back