The Rolex Sports Car Series /Help Plan Season 2!/

  • Thread starter Thread starter polarbear345
  • 3,021 comments
  • 103,000 views
Here are my opinions on time switches for the next season:

Friday:

6:00-6:50-free practice

6:50-7:30-qualifying

Saturday:

4:00-4:30-show up time/warm up

4:35-6:15ish- race


All times are eastern united states time.

Post qualifying times on here, then? Everyone writes down their times, and then adds it onto here? Anyone with any doubts can be asked to re-run the lap time?
 
MrMelancholy15
Post qualifying times on here, then? Everyone writes down their times, and then adds it onto here? Anyone with any doubts can be asked to re-run the lap time?

That's a good idea! And we can make the grid up and post it on here, no messed up lists!
 
That's a good idea! And we can make the grid up and post it on here, no messed up lists!

Mmmmhhhm. I qualified today with a 1:58.865 (?) but, I gave Seth the inside line into turn 1, because I wanted to be able to avoid hitting my teammate. :) So, that would settle so much confusion... Like, at Indy, if I recall, I chose the outside line, into turn 1, to get more speed, and have a chance to brake in a straight line...


So, let's post up all of our times, and give the pole sitter from both classes the choice of their starting "side."
 
MrMelancholy15
Mmmmhhhm. I qualified today with a 1:58.865 (?) but, I gave Seth the inside line into turn 1, because I wanted to be able to avoid hitting my teammate. :) So, that would settle so much confusion... Like, at Indy, if I recall, I chose the outside line, into turn 1, to get more speed, and have a chance to brake in a straight line...

So, let's post up all of our times, and give the pole sitter from both classes the choice of their starting "side."

Sounds good! I'm going to sleep now, but the times would have to happen in that 40 minute window. Not on your own time. That way it'll be harder to fake a time.
 
polarbear345
Here are my opinions on time switches for the next season:

Friday:

6:00-6:50-free practice

6:50-7:30-qualifying

Saturday:

4:00-4:30-show up time/warm up

4:35-6:15ish- race

All times are eastern united states time.

This wouldn't work for me and as for the series dates I think we do cotinental on Saturday then Rolex on Sunday
 
This wouldn't work for me and as for the series dates I think we do cotinental on Saturday then Rolex on Sunday

I might be autocrossing on Sundays... Huge problem, since I don't know how often, when, or how much time it takes per day out...
 
MrMelancholy15
I might be autocrossing on Sundays... Huge problem, since I don't know how often, when, or how much time it takes per day out...

Ya so we should make continental where the nationwide race is on Saturday and the Rolex race where the Sprint cup race is also on Saturday
 
Wish i didnt have to miss the race, but to be honest id rather be hanging out with friends and drinking than playing a video game lol. Maybe next week ill join in and do the Vette some justice.
 
Even in the dying embers of the race, and the problems I faced, I had a real shot at first or second in that last stint. If only I'd pitted sooner instead of being stuck in such a rythmn that I forget about the tyres. So disappointed...
 
The Viper has speed in hand. The tire wear isn't bad either. Lag killed this race. I should have got on earlier to host it.
 
I was already a little heated from when damuemogirl got me into the gravel on the little kink on the run up to the final chicane. (not sure if it was lag-induced)

Yeah I forgot to apologise about that.

It's just as we did that corner it was like "acres of space, acres of space, he's been knocked?"

it's a shame about the lag affecting races like this.

Anyways sorry about that Polar (and others I forgot about)
 
anirishnirvana
Yeah I forgot to apologise about that.

It's just as we did that corner it was like "acres of space, acres of space, he's been knocked?"

it's a shame about the lag affecting races like this.

Anyways sorry about that Polar (and others I forgot about)

No problem, I remember thinking "nice! I've got him now! Oh oh oh oh oh he's not coming up, oh my goodness he came up!" lol

Kevin: we'd all pick real life friends before this! No problem!

I still think qualifying should happen some other time other than right before the race. Every race this year we've had to move the start back because people have showed up late. Yesterday was only 5 minutes so that's good, but it used to be like 7:30 was the earliest.
 
The Viper has speed in hand. The tire wear isn't bad either. Lag killed this race. I should have got on earlier to host it.
Mate, I was praying for someone else to host this in all fairness. Tried my best to get the quality as good as possible without having to result in everyone being kicked off, but everytime I get to race days my NAT Type takes the biggest nose dive ever from Type 2 to Type 3.
 
StormPacer
Mate, I was praying for someone else to host this in all fairness. Tried my best to get the quality as good as possible without having to result in everyone being kicked off, but everytime I get to race days my NAT Type takes the biggest nose dive ever from Type 2 to Type 3.

Happens to me too!


What race quality settings were used last night?
 
i will use my reccomended settings of low next saturday before the race and everyone can tell me how it is
 
Hmmmmm


I have a recommended setting of high....
 
Well, either the car is being a spoon, or I'm just too tired to be of any good to the car's performance. For some reason I cannot hit the 1:58's I was getting so easily in practice around Nurburgring, I'm lucky if I get 1:59's now. Even if I use the exact same settings I did have, still nothing, its as if I'm back to square one.

Anyways, talking about spoons, onward to Suzuka. 2:06 is my time right now. Yeah it's pretty low, but that's because I'm on Hard Tyres.
 
StormPacer
Well, either the car is being a spoon, or I'm just too tired to be of any good to the car's performance. For some reason I cannot hit the 1:58's I was getting so easily in practice around Nurburgring, I'm lucky if I get 1:59's now. Even if I use the exact same settings I did have, still nothing, its as if I'm back to square one.

Anyways, talking about spoons, onward to Suzuka. 2:06 is my time right now. Yeah it's pretty low, but that's because I'm on Hard Tyres.

Alright 2:06's on hards... I'm getting on now!


I'm in my lounge!
 
Last edited:
That Viper has serious low end-mid range torque. Since the engine doesn't rev so high it's mostly an acceleration machine. I think using low gearing would be good for that car. With Suzuka I'd say using full downforce on the Viper would be a good bet.
 
See I tried that before and strangely I came out worse off. Mind you, I did shorten the gears too which might not have helped.

Anyway, I thought the transmission was fixed for a 180mph top speed anyway? Or there abouts, whatever could give you roughly 180mph or a tad over.
 
Polar: I don't like compete alone or with only one car, it's too boring. Please, the next race if the class DP has just one car, I want to compete with my Ferrari 458 at the GT class, I don't care the points, the championship, I only want have fun!!

About the times for next season, If the race start at 4 will be impossible for me be part of the championship, the actual time is good, but, I preffer run on sunday!!
 
unrealanthony
Polar: I don't like compete alone or with only one car, it's too boring. Please, the next race if the class DP has just one car, I want to compete with my Ferrari 458 at the GT class, I don't care the points, the championship, I only want have fun!!

About the times for next season, If the race start at 4 will be impossible for me be part of the championship, the actual time is good, but, I preffer run on sunday!!

Ya that race must've been uneventful. Next week we should have at least 4 (James and winner) and hopefully another guy or too will show up.
 
5pm is better for me on Saturday, I get home from work just before 10pm GMT (5pm EST)...

Anthony could fill in for Nitrorocks, Polar. I'm sure that nitro wouldn't mind.
 
StormPacer
5pm is better for me on Saturday, I get home from work just before 10pm GMT (5pm EST)...

Anthony could fill in for Nitrorocks, Polar. I'm sure that nitro wouldn't mind.

Ya that's another idea.

Antony, would 5 be good for you on Saturday's?

What about having qualifying on another day?
 
Uuuuuggghhhh


Sorry guys, I totally forgot about the NAEC! I can assure you it will happen season 2!
 
Hmmmmm


I have a recommended setting of high....

That's it?? Perhaps I should host... I rarely D/c and get a very good recommended setting, if not highest...

Also, the NAEC would be best, if we had a full lobby's worth in both classes, but, we do have a decent points battle going.


Anyways, about my dominance, don't worry, I'm actually really quick in real life too.

Today, I had the first Autocross event of the year, and it went really well! The Stock (H-stock classed) Hyundai Accent '09 has some huge torque, though, not much FWD grip or top end power... Anyways, when I first went out, (first of 8 runs, +1 rerun because of a timing glitch, I'm not so entirely saddened by-FREE RUN!) I ran a 79 second run. The 9th run, I ran 67.175. Guys, listen, right, everyone really needs to learn tracks, and cars. The reason I am doing so well in my Audi, is the consistency factor. I'm consistently quick, because I found a general tune that works, and I only slightly tweak the diff and torque distribution between tracks. I also change gearing (longer for Le Mans, etc.) *but that's it.*


Spend some time, figure things out, and just slow it down, control the cars better.

In my Autocross, do to an extremely confusing layout on the track, I botched runs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8b. But, since it was the first time I had ever driven the Hyundai anywhere near the limit of adhesion, or, any full sized car, it was expected that I make mistakes. It was even expected that the guys with the $70,000 S2000, 600+ hp Subaru, the countless Miatas, and the $80,000 Corvette make mistakes. Everyone had one spin, off course, or otherwise big mistake. When I was marshalling, I had to fix some pilon somewhere everytime, red flag some guys for unsafe conduct (keep your ****** arms IN THE CARS UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE THEM...) or radio in about how so and so (I did this like four times) went the wrong way around the slalom.

You're going to make mistakes. Minimize them. I had a good lead on Seth, but, I made the "mistake" of putting softs on, only to realize that the GT cars were only 2.9 or so laps behind the leaders, and that cost me the win.
 
Last edited:
shame I've got quite the major distraction then. although I suppose past Suzuka onwards that will reduce significantly.

I just had a thought, is Le Mans going to be staggered start as well, just that I can imagine the slalom double file being quite interesting.

Also the last 2 races got me wishing GT had 3 time comparisons (1 for leader, 1 for guy right ahead of you, guy right behind you), although not much we can do about that
 
shame I've got quite the major distraction then. although I suppose past Suzuka onwards that will reduce significantly.

I just had a thought, is Le Mans going to be staggered start as well, just that I can imagine the slalom double file being quite interesting.

Also the last 2 races got me wishing GT had 3 time comparisons (1 for leader, 1 for guy right ahead of you, guy right behind you), although not much we can do about that

Live scoring for all the drivers fed to you, verbally, through speakers? Heheh, could get confusing...


Otherwise, major distraction? What's this?

And, for Le Mans, I know I can handle driving side-by-side with other cars. I've been doing it (video games, karting, highway driving, etc.) for ten years. :)
 
Live scoring for all the drivers fed to you, verbally, through speakers? Heheh, could get confusing...


Otherwise, major distraction? What's this?

And, for Le Mans, I know I can handle driving side-by-side with other cars. I've been doing it (video games, karting, highway driving, etc.) for ten years. :)

Final University exams, where the revision was also hindered by a death in the family, so sleepless nights ahead :D
 
Back