The Rolex Sports Car Series /Help Plan Season 2!/

  • Thread starter Thread starter polarbear345
  • 3,021 comments
  • 102,931 views
Don't even worry about setting fast lap times. Do as many laps as you can in qualifying so you can run your fuel down low, then pit fresh softs on there and have at it. In the race, just keeping up will be fine. Doing too much will ruin your tires because this track doesn't have run-off.
This is true. I've had problems running off the course on Suzuka. It's just so weird that I do it so much here, but not other places. Probably because I don't have enough practice on it.
 
Hate to say it, but im pretty sure i wont be racing again this week. Got an invite to the nascar all star race on saturday and its a free ticket so how can i say no? So instead of racing with all of you, ill be watching guys going in circles at 190mph :P
 
May be interested in trying this series on a limited basis. I haven't found it yet after searching but what tire compounds do you use?
 
We use all Racing tyre compounds.
 
So there is no limitations on which tire compound to use during race?
 
Nope, all tyre options are viable during race. I know a lot of places limit to Racing Meds and Hards during a race, but this doesn't happen here.
 
I'm not really sure how my car is going to go up against the Audi's and vipers. I haven't even touched the 2:02's yet. I'm 99% sure I'm losing half a eternity in the esses, how would I get the 458 to bite at turn in?
Are you entering the corner under deceleration (either braking or coasting) or with the throttle?

I've noticed that with my setup, I can coast through the S Curve and the car'll stick. I engine brake through the S Curves, unless I somehow run wide then I'll dab the brakes. Try a lower decel sensitivity on your LSD setting, about 10 or 11. The stock LSD works lovely. 5 / 20 / 10 abuses its stunning poise through corners. With about 10mins of tinkering with the car, I managed a 2:02.842 on lap 1, and 2:02.718 on lap 2.
 
Shinshiki
Is someone going to open a free practice room tomorrow?

I'd be willing to bet there will be a room of some sort today. Whether it'd be a open gtplanet series rooms like yesterday or a Rolex room is the better question.
 
well, done all golds for GT academy and can say I beat seth on none and mel practically none. YAY! May 28th for the next round.... Ah well back to Suzuka
 
So... Is 2:03 roughly the race pace at the moment?
 
Yeah, I think 2:04's are fine if you are consistent. Don't even worry how fast the others are going, as long as you keep up and don't ruin your tires you're in a good spot.
 
Lol, damu, well done! I re-tried maybe like three or four times, (except on the Nürburgring, since the Nürburgring challenges were incredibly fun! Same with the one at Monza!)


Anyways, yeah, I'm pretty much a future racing driver, so, you're not really making a perfectly fair comparison. I mean, I'm not bragging, but, I've been professionally racing for the last 11 years, and I've been playing Gran Turismo games, and such since I was 3 (15 years ago.)

So, perhaps I've had a lot of practice...

Still, everyone's going to have their specialty in life, and I'm sure I can't beat you at chess. :P (Not saying you play chess, saying I suck at it!)
 
Still, everyone's going to have their specialty in life, and I'm sure I can't beat you at chess. :P (Not saying you play chess, saying I suck at it!)

Well my chess record:
Games Played: 40
Games Won: 0, so you know xD.

In fairness my favourite childhood games driver & Crash Team Racing and I have owned all the GTs. Then again I've played loads of games xD.

Anyways back on topic. How much time would you expect to lose at 100% weather per lap?

Also any practice rooms tonight?
 
Last edited:
Well my chess record:
Games Played: 40
Games Won: 0, so you know xD.

In fairness my favourite childhood games driver & Crash Team Racing and I have owned all the GTs. Then again I've played loads of games xD.

Anyways back on topic. How much time would you expect to lose at 100% weather per lap?

Also any practice rooms tonight?

30 seconds per lap? And, practice... no one really expressed too much interest, though we all managed to have lots of ITCC fun. :)
 
30 seconds per lap? And, practice... no one really expressed too much interest, though we all managed to have lots of ITCC fun. :)

30 seconds huh? time to learn the GT rain dance xD
 
So, any time of DP class at suzuka, reference please!!
 
So, who's up for Suzuka?

DP:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

GT:

1.anirishnirvana
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
 
DP:

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

GT:

1.airishnirvana
2.polarbear345
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
7
8.
 
DP:
1.unrealanthony
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

GT:

1.anirishnirvana
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
 
DP:

1.unrealanthony
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

GT:

1.airishnirvana
2.polarbear345
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
7
8.
 
Hey, jfilyaw may race with us tomorrow. He will drive one of the dp cars. He probably won't be full time, so I'll let him drive whatever car he wants.
 
It's full 100% weather? And idk I didn't work today so I might need to work tomorrow
 
harrison1476
It's full 100% weather? And idk I didn't work today so I might need to work tomorrow

25% weather 5 changiblity
 
DP:

1.unrealanthony
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

GT:

1.airishnirvana
2.polarbear345
3. Melons
4.
5.
6.
7.
7
8.
 
DP:

1.unrealanthony
2.james6653
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

GT:

1.airishnirvana
2.polarbear345
3. Melons
4.
5.
6.
7.
7
8.
 
1.unrealanthony
2.james6653
3.shinshiki204
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

GT:

1.airishnirvana
2.polarbear345
3. Melons
4.
5.
6.
7.
7
8.
 
1.unrealanthony
2.james6653
3.shinshiki204
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

GT:

1.airishnirvana
2.polarbear345
3. Melons
4. freshseth83
5.
6.
7.
7
8.
 
1. unrealanthony
2. james6653
3. shinshiki204
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

GT:

1. airishnirvana
2. polarbear345
3. Melons
4. freshseth83
5. StormPacer
6.
7.
7
8.
 
Yeah I'm working today sorry guys...
 
I don't know if I'm gonna make it going swimming with the family
 
Back