The Rolex Sports Car Series /Help Plan Season 2!/

  • Thread starter Thread starter polarbear345
  • 3,021 comments
  • 102,928 views
He said he got busy, and we never heard from him again...:nervous: I'm not sure why he left so abruptly, he said his car broke down and his wife had to drive him and a bunch of other stuff was going on. So I don't want to totally take him off the list, he did SO MUCH for the series as a whole... well lets face it, If it wasnt for him, we wouldnt be here right now (probably) So I have him as a reserve for now and when (I hope) he comes back, he can race!
Yeah it would be nice if he gets to race again. Never met the guy and he's my teammate.
 
Shinshiki
Yeah it would be nice if he gets to race again. Never met the guy and he's my teammate.

He's a reserve, just under your car because it's the last lmp. He's really a reserve for them all. I wasnt sure where to put him, so I put him there. There is a spot number two open for team oreca. So you could get a teammate!
 
i am intersted in this so can you tell me when a new season is starting. thanks!
 
i am intersted in this so can you tell me when a new season is starting. thanks!
If you want you could join mid season right now. We're constantly looking for people for the DP field seeing as how there are only to in the class per race.
 
Last edited:
He's a reserve, just under your car because it's the last lmp. He's really a reserve for them all. I wasnt sure where to put him, so I put him there. There is a spot number two open for team oreca. So you could get a teammate!

i am intersted in this so can you tell me when a new season is starting. thanks!

Convenient. The current season isn't over. Please come to the remainder of the events this year. This will help you do better next season, help you make friends, and you'll have fun. I promise.
 
Shinshiki
If you want you could join mid season right now. We're constantly looking for people for the DP field seeing as how there are only to in the class per race.

Yep! Preferably you'd join DP, but there is a spot or two open in GT too If I remember correctly! I'm going to update the first post with points and driver line ups tomorrow. So if there isn't a spot you want now, check tomorrow and hopefully there will be one open!
 
Yep! Preferably you'd join DP, but there is a spot or two open in GT too If I remember correctly! I'm going to update the first post with points and driver line ups tomorrow. So if there isn't a spot you want now, check tomorrow and hopefully there will be one open!

I invited another ALMS guy to this. He might also join. Actually, it's Kevin01SH's ALMS teammate in the other 'Vette. o.O

There's something about the Vette, I swear.
 
MrMelancholy15
I invited another ALMS guy to this. He might also join. Actually, it's Kevin01SH's ALMS teammate in the other 'Vette. o.O

There's something about the Vette, I swear.

First too fast, no one wants to be "that guy" to race it... Gets slower and is reasonable... Everyone wants it!
 
First too fast, no one wants to be "that guy" to race it... Gets slower and is reasonable... Everyone wants it!

Maybe. I was only thinking of the ALMS ZR-1, since both the ZR-1 guys might join this, but, I understand and agree with your point. I remember when the Audi was a slow duckling. It just needed a good old Melons tune, and a FreshSeth!
 
MrMelancholy15
Maybe. I was only thinking of the ALMS ZR-1, since both the ZR-1 guys might join this, but, I understand and agree with your point. I remember when the Audi was a slow duckling. It just needed a good old Melons tune, and a FreshSeth!

Yep! Even Matt thought it was slow! I accually accidentally ran the Ferrari today at 475hp... Didn't make a difference did it! I need a good tune on that bad boy!
 
Yep! Even Matt thought it was slow! I accually accidentally ran the Ferrari today at 475hp... Didn't make a difference did it! I need a good tune on that bad boy!

:( I should make you one, but, I don't know if you'd like the way I tune my cars: I'm a throttle-holic, so I go really low on accel sensitivity, and really low on initial torque, but, I run really stiff suspension.

So, do you like a car that understeers or oversteers, in general? Do you like it to have a good slip angle, 'til you get on the throttle, like me? Or, do you like to understeer until you get on the throttle? Or...?
 
MrMelancholy15
:( I should make you one, but, I don't know if you'd like the way I tune my cars: I'm a throttle-holic, so I go really low on accel sensitivity, and really low on initial torque, but, I run really stiff suspension.

So, do you like a car that understeers or oversteers, in general? Do you like it to have a good slip angle, 'til you get on the throttle, like me? Or, do you like to understeer until you get on the throttle? Or...?

I like it to over steer more than under, that being said I don't want to drift threw all the turns! I would do it myself, but I don't know how really :(
 
I like it to over steer more than under, that being said I don't want to drift threw all the turns! I would do it myself, but I don't know how really :(

Alright. So, you probably want the same sorta tuning setup I want; one that doesn't understeer, 'til you're on the throttle, since the throttle's the bit that will make you skid more than you want.
 
MrMelancholy15
Alright. So, you probably want the same sorta tuning setup I want; one that doesn't understeer, 'til you're on the throttle, since the throttle's the bit that will make you skid more than you want.

Yep!
 
That was a good race today. Turned out to be a little bit easier at the end than I expected though. I don't know why the Viper took another stop at the end, but it turned out to give me a chance to not lose any time when I pit again towards the end also. Fuji will be a good track for the Vette and Viper. But I'm thinking on the infield the Audi should do good. The Ferrari should be in between with a little of both top speed and handling.

EDIT: I'm wondering why were doing Fuji GT and not Fuji F? And we did more laps at Suzuka than is planned for Fuji, but Fuji is a faster track. So maybe the laps and layout could be thought over?
 
Last edited:
I'd like to join the series. MrM had reffered me to this series.

Id like to join the DP class. According to the OP the 908 Oreca and Bentley are the only ones left right? I'd most likely want to run with the Bentley. But wouldnt be opposed to running the 908.
 
FlyinHawaiian77
I'd like to join the series. MrM had reffered me to this series.

Id like to join the DP class. According to the OP the 908 Oreca and Bentley are the only ones left right? I'd most likely want to run with the Bentley. But wouldnt be opposed to running the 908.

Welcome to the series can't wait to race with you
 
Fixed it and updated the points with the newest driver
Rolex Sports Car Championship

Daytona Prototype Driver Standings:

1: Unrealanthony: 210 points

2: Shinshiki204: 150 points

3: James6653: 115 Points

4: W1nner101: 110 points

5: Carnby7: 70 points

6: Datboitrey23: 50 points

7: ROCKR_ELITE: 40 points

8: Swagger897: 0 points

9: Adeadsnipermatt: 0 points

10: FlyinHawaiian77: 0 points

Daytona Prototype Manufacturer Standings:

1: Team Toyota: 375 points

2: Team Bentley: 180 points

3: Team Peugeot Oreca: 150 points

4: Team Peugeot Total: 50 points

Grand Touring Driver Standings:

1: MrMelancholy15: 340 points

2: Stormpacer17: 310 points

3: Freshseth83: 310 points

4: Polarbear345: 240 points

5: Damuemogirl: 205 points

6: Harrison1746: 30 points

7: Kevin01SH: 0 points

8: Nitrorocks: 0 points

Grand Touring Manufacturer Standings:

1: Team Audi: 570 points

2: Team Dodge: 340 points

3: Team Chevorlet: 285 points

4: Team Ferrari: 235 points
 
Not sure how Ferrari has 5 less points then I do...
 
freshseth83
That was a good race today. Turned out to be a little bit easier at the end than I expected though. I don't know why the Viper took another stop at the end, but it turned out to give me a chance to not lose any time when I pit again towards the end also. Fuji will be a good track for the Vette and Viper. But I'm thinking on the infield the Audi should do good. The Ferrari should be in between with a little of both top speed and handling.

EDIT: I'm wondering why were doing Fuji GT and not Fuji F? And we did more laps at Suzuka than is planned for Fuji, but Fuji is a faster track. So maybe the laps and layout could be thought over?

It is fugi f, I must've put the wrong one :( fugi gt has that cutting problem I believe?
 
I'd like to join the series. MrM had reffered me to this series.

Id like to join the DP class. According to the OP the 908 Oreca and Bentley are the only ones left right? I'd most likely want to run with the Bentley. But wouldnt be opposed to running the 908.
Am I the only one relieved that FH isn't running in GT? Hahaha, sorry bro, but I know how good you can race, and I'm in good stead right now for the top spot, as long as I finish above both Seth and Melancholy in the next few races.

I mean.... no, I'm not in anyway shape or form the competitive type... :D
And damu, can you please define "cock-up"? I think I understand, but I'm not sure...
He means a mistake, usually referring to a mistake that's generally bigger than usual.
 
Last edited:
points update on the OP please
 
Thanks for the kind words Storm. I didnt want to get into another GT car because of ALMS. This series is the perfect opportunity for me to try my luck moving onto the next class.

You guys (one girl?) seem like a good bunch to race with. I know a couple of you through ALMS, but Im looking forward to race with new faces.

About how long has this series been going on for? I know I've seen this thread many times before.
 
If I could do it I'd happily update it. Sadly James, I can't update Polar's posts.... Oh the fun I could have if I could, hehehehe. :trouble:

I've been talking with Anirishnirvana over Skype, and we'd been talking about how surprisingly, for our first ever season racing on this level, we aren't actually doing too badly. Yeah ok sure we've made a lot of mistakes, but given we've never raced in this fashion before that's kinda to be expected.

I've had the pleasure of racing Nirvana when he isn't busy flying off the track, and if he can somehow find that ability to stay on the track, its surprising how well he can race. I think Seth and Melan saw a glimpse of that at the last two races we've had now. And I've had the pleasure months ago of being overtaken by him, AT SUZUKA, on the hairpin. For that moment, I thought Kamui Kobayashi had taken his controller and raced me.

As for me, well... I can only go by what everyone else says, really. I would appreciate a bit of feedback on that, mind, and I don't just mean positive... I'd like to know what my bad points are so I can improoooove. :D
 
Thanks for the kind words Storm. I didnt want to get into another GT car because of ALMS. This series is the perfect opportunity for me to try my luck moving onto the next class.

You guys (one girl?) seem like a good bunch to race with. I know a couple of you through ALMS, but Im looking forward to race with new faces.

About how long has this series been going on for? I know I've seen this thread many times before.

This is our first season so far. We are on track for many more if all the races have the attendence of the last race!

And driver lists have been updated!
 
Thanks for the kind words Storm. I didnt want to get into another GT car because of ALMS. This series is the perfect opportunity for me to try my luck moving onto the next class.

You guys (one girl?) seem like a good bunch to race with. I know a couple of you through ALMS, but Im looking forward to race with new faces.

About how long has this series been going on for? I know I've seen this thread many times before.
No worries, and yeah it's always nice to switch it up. Tried the Bentley Speed 8 last night before qualifying, and given that those two laps I made in it were the only two laps of an LMP/DP car all season, I think a 1:50.8 was pretty good. Says a lot about the car too; very forgiving.

Wait, didn't you say you were thinking of moving to LMP for ALMS next season? Then yes, it would actually be the perfect opportunity. I remember you saying you were mulling over the choice to do it or not.
 
Yeah, I will most likely be making the jump next season. Been racing in GT since the series first started. I think I need a change of scenery.
 
has anyone tried to make a spreadsheet for everyones stats
 
james6653
has anyone tried to make a spreadsheet for everyones stats

I don't want to have to put a new one up for every race...
 
Back