The search for MORE PS2 Tracks Continues PS2 to PSP Track Project

• Thread starter SiNiST3R
  • 173 comments
The Hong Kong map was a glitch from messing with the Beautiful Sunset code. I raced Costa di Amafi first, then New York. I left the code on the whole time, maybe that glitched the map. And maybe there's more to it than that, like that code combined with the track selection code. Don't know if it'll help much, but anyone want to try it?

The data for the smokey mountain and gymkhana and tahiti tracks is already in the game, but was not made available. Maybe the problem is that the codes do work, but the data just isnt there so the game keeps trying to load where the code refers to, but finds no data so it loads forever.

Is it possible that the track data isnt in the game yet, so the codes refer to non-existent data and crash?

lo2
The data for the smokey mountain and gymkhana and tahiti tracks is already in the game, but was not made available. Maybe the problem is that the codes do work, but the data just isnt there so the game keeps trying to load where the code refers to, but finds no data so it loads forever.

Is it possible that the track data isnt in the game yet, so the codes refer to non-existent data and crash?

Yes, but we are exploring it as far as we can, because the other "unavailible" tracks are there.

I've got a quick question:
When the track is enabled by cwcheats does it appear in the track selection screen as Smoky Mountain North?

I've tried to install it but i the tracks doesn't show up for me :(
EDIT: Now it frezzes when i try to chose a track

Last edited:
This is awesome ! So how do i enter these cheats to run in these tracks ?

I wish they brought back the Uphill/Downhill track

This is awesome ! So how do i enter these cheats to run in these tracks ?

I wish they brought back the Uphill/Downhill track

Yea it's sad that they done away with the REAL rally courses and put in track based stuff. But hopefully that's gonna change with GT5 now that WRC's in.

Well as you may already know there are some tracks from the PS2 Copy of GT2 that have made there way into GT PSP under the radar.

"PS2 Copy of GT2" - Did I miss anything? Were there hidden tracks in a PS2 GT or an early leaked version?

Or is it the first time we have references to PS2 versions of older tracks?

"PS2 Copy of GT2" - Did I miss anything? Were there hidden tracks in a PS2 GT or an early leaked version?

Or is it the first time we have references to PS2 versions of older tracks?

WOW, talk about taking a typo to new meanings O_o.

PS2 Copy of GT4.

The Hidden tracks are code from GT4 hidden in the soup, as they were not available in GT4 either, but hidden in the code ;) .

I also fixed the OP.

I posted this in another thread for the smokey mountain video but i think its more appropriate here so excuse the double post:
Hey ive noticed something that might be of help to you guys trying to crack this GEM but with the following codes ive noticed that SMOKEY MOUNTAIN NRTH has two extra lines of code:
_G Gran Turismo [US]
_C0 Circle60PS2
_L 0x2080F440 0x0000003F
_C0 SmnorthPS2 (External Cam)
_L 0x2080F440 0x00000030
_L 0x204DD454 0x00000001
_L 0x204DD45C 0x00000001

_C0 GymkanaPS2 (Time Trial)
_L 0x2080F440 0x00000087

basically what im saying is maybe these codes that AREN'T working need a sort of SUB code to get them happening
i know some are showing maps and lighting but surely theres more to it

thought id atleast point out my find if it is of any use

Don't worry, ive been using these programs for a few years and still don't know or understand half of it.

Anyway, cwcheat (and other programs like it) are software that you install onto your psp. They basically edit the game's code to change different values or attributes in a game. In other (harsher) words, they let you hack the game's code to cheat.

To answer your second question, yes, you do need to "mod" your psp in order to use it. Your psp must be running a CFW (custom firmware) which is an operating system that lets you use programs like cwcheat, as well as other things not allowed by sony's official firmware. Now you cannot just update your psp to a CFW, you do have to hack your psp. The most common (and by far the easiest) way to do this is to make/buy a "Pandora's battery" and use a "Magic Memory Stick" to install the custom firmware. Then you can add cwcheat along with may other programs to your psp.

There are countless tutorials explaining how to install CFW on your psp along with installing CWCheat. I personally used TheUltimatePandoraPack as it shows you how to make a pandora battery as well as giving you a link to a magic mem stick autoloader (its worth it).

I can't seem to find a reliable download for TheUltimatePandoraPack. can anyone reccomend a free file hosting site (file size 42 mb) i could use? and i'll post the link here.

Is there a way to transfer from official firmware to CFW? My thing is that I have firmware 6.10 and ive heard u cant mod in that firmware...

Is there a way to transfer from official firmware to CFW? My thing is that I have firmware 6.10 and ive heard u cant mod in that firmware...

You could make a Jigkick (aka 'Pandora') battery to flash CFW on your PSP... but only if you don't have a TA-088v3 motherboard (they are 'unhackable' at the moment). What PSP series do you have (1000, 2000, 3000)?

You could make a Jigkick (aka 'Pandora') battery to flash CFW on your PSP... but only if you don't have a TA-088v3 motherboard (they are 'unhackable' at the moment). What PSP series do you have (1000, 2000, 3000)?

Yup this is true.

If you have a TA-88v2 OR LOWER motherboard, you can Downgrade with a Pandora battery (If you don't have a friend with a PSP capable of making one, you can source one from Ebay) It doesn't matter what OFW your running, TA-88v2 and lower motherboards are downgrade-able.

Wow, all this work is amazing 👍. Without going back through the last 6 pages, and just by reading the first post, I can see that a LOT of work has gone into this. Good luck on finding the rest of the tracks and getting it to work guys 👍 (although I won't be able to use it myself :(). Of course, my dream is seeing SSR11 up and running. Someone notify me when that happens :lol:.

WHAT's the progress on this ?
anything new yet?

Not much progress at this point, we kinda hit a wall, and, I don't know about others, but Ive moved on for the moment.

I'm having a hard time pulling myself away from Assassin's Creed Bloodlines at the moment. (Its SICK!!!)

However there are allot of racing series going on right now, that may also be why others seam to have put it on the back burner also.

Not much progress at this point, we kinda hit a wall, and, I don't know about others, but Ive moved on for the moment.

I'm having a hard time pulling myself away from Assassin's Creed Bloodlines at the moment. (Its SICK!!!)

However there are allot of racing series going on right now, that may also be why others seam to have put it on the back burner also.

assassin's creed is a good enough reason for me lol
Ive been trying my best to see if i can find anythnig using codes like used in previous GT's but not much has turnd from it :(

I beat all the AC main missions, side missions, and achievements (except the coin collecting ones because that'd just be stupid) in less than two days. Nice game, but wasn't all THAT great. Maybe it's just because I haven't played AC on PS3.

I beat all the AC main missions, side missions, and achievements (except the coin collecting ones because that'd just be stupid) in less than two days. Nice game, but wasn't all THAT great. Maybe it's just because I haven't played AC on PS3.

Yeah, the game is great and fun, but very short. I also thinking having played and owning the PS3 version (ACI, not ACII) Makes it a tad more enjoyable. You can literally run through the whole game and never fully exploer the capabilities of the character movements.

But we are far off topic.

As for the tracks. I'm at a dead end. Hopefully somebody can use the work we have done here to finish the Job (if its even possible) We may have beat a Dead horse into grounded meat.

Yeah, the game is great and fun, but very short. I also thinking having played and owning the PS3 version (ACI, not ACII) Makes it a tad more enjoyable. You can literally run through the whole game and never fully exploer the capabilities of the character movements.

But we are far off topic.

As for the tracks. I'm at a dead end. Hopefully somebody can use the work we have done here to finish the Job (if its even possible) We may have beat a Dead horse into grounded meat.

I was gunansay bit off topic but eh, on that note you do ne AC 1 to understand it more

back to the tracks :
i think maybe your right the tracks are dead to an extent there maybe one or 2 to go seeing theres maps on sum tracks and lighting for others
but what im really interested in is if there is any cars or hybrid possibilities, and another thing that would be kool is that if we could some how work a way to make the races more random
i mean im sick of taking an ENZO to the track only to race just Bugatti Veyron's and TVR speed 12's ! whats the fun in that?

If you want diverse compition just start off before you press go picking anything but S rank and when you get to the race start screen change the level and your compition will be the same cars but faster.

If you want diverse compition just start off before you press go picking anything but S rank and when you get to the race start screen change the level and your compition will be the same cars but faster.

HMM
i never tried that
ill see if that works cause ive been racing b rank with the enzo and still same thing happens
ill keep trying

i'm interested 👍
what exactly does this do?

Back