The search for MORE PS2 Tracks Continues PS2 to PSP Track Project

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo PSP' started by SiNiST3R, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Racer X NFS

Racer X NFS

The Hong Kong map was a glitch from messing with the Beautiful Sunset code. I raced Costa di Amafi first, then New York. I left the code on the whole time, maybe that glitched the map. And maybe there's more to it than that, like that code combined with the track selection code. Don't know if it'll help much, but anyone want to try it?

2. lo2

lo2

The data for the smokey mountain and gymkhana and tahiti tracks is already in the game, but was not made available. Maybe the problem is that the codes do work, but the data just isnt there so the game keeps trying to load where the code refers to, but finds no data so it loads forever.

Is it possible that the track data isnt in the game yet, so the codes refer to non-existent data and crash?

3. SiNiST3R

SiNiST3R (Banned)

Yes, but we are exploring it as far as we can, because the other "unavailible" tracks are there.

4. Carsgts125

Carsgts125

I've got a quick question:
    When the track is enabled by cwcheats does it appear in the track selection screen as Smoky Mountain North?

5. hardtofind

hardtofind

yes they appear. (there are pics in third page)

6. Carsgts125

Carsgts125

I've tried to install it but i the tracks doesn't show up for me :(
    EDIT: Now it frezzes when i try to chose a track

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  7. Alex p.

Alex p.

8. SiNiST3R

SiNiST3R (Banned)

9. Team G-Spot

Team G-Spot

What about ROME-NIGHT or MOTOR LAND SPEEDWAY..

10. I n i T i a L

I n i T i a L

This is awesome ! So how do i enter these cheats to run in these tracks ?

I wish they brought back the Uphill/Downhill track

11. CaptCalvin

CaptCalvin

Yea it's sad that they done away with the REAL rally courses and put in track based stuff. But hopefully that's gonna change with GT5 now that WRC's in.

12. drivatar

drivatar

"PS2 Copy of GT2" - Did I miss anything? Were there hidden tracks in a PS2 GT or an early leaked version?

Or is it the first time we have references to PS2 versions of older tracks?

13. SiNiST3R

SiNiST3R (Banned)

WOW, talk about taking a typo to new meanings O_o.

PS2 Copy of GT4.

The Hidden tracks are code from GT4 hidden in the soup, as they were not available in GT4 either, but hidden in the code ;) .

I also fixed the OP.

14. lo2

lo2

is there any further progress yet? ;)

15. drivatar

drivatar

OK, just a boring typo :lol:

16. FRR35H

FRR35H

I posted this in another thread for the smokey mountain video but i think its more appropriate here so excuse the double post:
    Hey ive noticed something that might be of help to you guys trying to crack this GEM but with the following codes ive noticed that SMOKEY MOUNTAIN NRTH has two extra lines of code:
    _G Gran Turismo [US]
    _C0 Circle60PS2
    _L 0x2080F440 0x0000003F
    _C0 SmnorthPS2 (External Cam)
    _L 0x2080F440 0x00000030
    _L 0x204DD454 0x00000001
    _L 0x204DD45C 0x00000001

_C0 GymkanaPS2 (Time Trial)
    _L 0x2080F440 0x00000087

basically what im saying is maybe these codes that AREN'T working need a sort of SUB code to get them happening
    i know some are showing maps and lighting but surely theres more to it

thought id atleast point out my find if it is of any use

17. Leadfoot53

Leadfoot53

Is there a way to transfer from official firmware to CFW? My thing is that I have firmware 6.10 and ive heard u cant mod in that firmware...

18. Detroitbb

Detroitbb

You could make a Jigkick (aka 'Pandora') battery to flash CFW on your PSP... but only if you don't have a TA-088v3 motherboard (they are 'unhackable' at the moment). What PSP series do you have (1000, 2000, 3000)?

19. SiNiST3R

SiNiST3R (Banned)

Yup this is true.

If you have a TA-88v2 OR LOWER motherboard, you can Downgrade with a Pandora battery (If you don't have a friend with a PSP capable of making one, you can source one from Ebay) It doesn't matter what OFW your running, TA-88v2 and lower motherboards are downgrade-able.

20. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Wow, all this work is amazing :tup:. Without going back through the last 6 pages, and just by reading the first post, I can see that a LOT of work has gone into this. Good luck on finding the rest of the tracks and getting it to work guys :tup: (although I won't be able to use it myself :(). Of course, my dream is seeing SSR11 up and running. Someone notify me when that happens :lol:.

21. FRR35H

FRR35H

WHAT's the progress on this ?
    anything new yet?

22. SiNiST3R

SiNiST3R (Banned)

Not much progress at this point, we kinda hit a wall, and, I don't know about others, but Ive moved on for the moment.

I'm having a hard time pulling myself away from Assassin's Creed Bloodlines at the moment. (Its SICK!!!)

However there are allot of racing series going on right now, that may also be why others seam to have put it on the back burner also.

23. FRR35H

FRR35H

assassin's creed is a good enough reason for me lol
    Ive been trying my best to see if i can find anythnig using codes like used in previous GT's but not much has turnd from it :(

24. CaptCalvin

CaptCalvin

I beat all the AC main missions, side missions, and achievements (except the coin collecting ones because that'd just be stupid) in less than two days. Nice game, but wasn't all THAT great. Maybe it's just because I haven't played AC on PS3.

25. SiNiST3R

SiNiST3R (Banned)

Yeah, the game is great and fun, but very short. I also thinking having played and owning the PS3 version (ACI, not ACII) Makes it a tad more enjoyable. You can literally run through the whole game and never fully exploer the capabilities of the character movements.

But we are far off topic.

As for the tracks. I'm at a dead end. Hopefully somebody can use the work we have done here to finish the Job (if its even possible) We may have beat a Dead horse into grounded meat.

26. FRR35H

FRR35H

I was gunansay bit off topic but eh, on that note you do ne AC 1 to understand it more

back to the tracks :
    i think maybe your right the tracks are dead to an extent there maybe one or 2 to go seeing theres maps on sum tracks and lighting for others
    but what im really interested in is if there is any cars or hybrid possibilities, and another thing that would be kool is that if we could some how work a way to make the races more random
    i mean im sick of taking an ENZO to the track only to race just Bugatti Veyron's and TVR speed 12's ! whats the fun in that?

27. Silver-Sylph

Silver-Sylph

If you want diverse compition just start off before you press go picking anything but S rank and when you get to the race start screen change the level and your compition will be the same cars but faster.

28. FRR35H

FRR35H

HMM
    i never tried that
    ill see if that works cause ive been racing b rank with the enzo and still same thing happens
    ill keep trying

29. psp88

psp88

i'm interested :tup:
    what exactly does this do?

30. Leadfoot53

Leadfoot53

I have the PSP-3000... the way you are saying the stuff sounds like the 3000's MB is unhackable?